Some guys on the bubble | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some guys on the bubble

scotgif

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Obviously, with the scheduling problems caused by 2 games in 4 days, things are being done much different than normal, but some thoughts on some of the guys on the bubble come to mind.

Sam Simmons: Put the ball on the ground on a PR. No catches. Did not impress.

Robert Baker: His problem in the pros has never been about talent. It has just been a matter of staying healthy. He makes the team IMO if he does not get hurt again.

L. Henry: No running room at all. Good effort, but was put in a bad situation tonight. Must have a big game against N.O.

Femi: Caught one ball. Really couldn't tell much about his performance.

A. Mayes: No catches. Two misses, I believe. See Ya.

AJ Johnson: Nice job in the passing game, and had one decent PR. Still needs to do better in the return game.

J. Symonnette: He may have zero chance of making the team, but who knows? He made a nice breakup of an intended pass over the middle to the TE, and he also made a nice tackle, preventing the ball carrier from picking up an important first down.

J. Seaverns: Seems like he missed one or two tackles. He may be a fan favorite, but he will need improver play against the aints to make the team.

H. Taylor: Got in on one sack. Has impressed coaches thus far in camp.

Rod Kelley: He may be having as good a camp as any of the backups on the D-Line. Came up with a very nice tackle for big loss, on a reverse, late in the game.

There are many others, but those are just some of the young guys that I noticed.

You can throw Jeff Ogden's name on there too. He didnt play many offensive plays, but he dropped a pass.

Did he drop one? I saw him make one or two receptions and there was another that Kustok threw too early to avoid the pass rush.

May have well as been. He let the ball go right beside him on an out & didnt try to catch it.

Originally posted by scotgif
AJ Johnson: Nice job in the passing game, and had one decent PR. Still needs to do better in the return game.

J. Symonnette: He may have zero chance of making the team, but who knows? He made a nice breakup of an intended pass over the middle to the TE, and he also made a nice tackle, preventing the ball carrier from picking up an important first down.

AJ had a KR for 33 yds and a PR for 15. Those are both pretty good numbers (higher then our teams usual avg).

Symonnette won't make it onto this roster. Made a couple boneheaded penalties that had the radio guys saying he would be cut from "peewee" football with crap like that.

Henry has not impressed me at all thus far. It is fitting that he wears number 26 because in the scrimage and again tonight he looked just like Lamar last year. When he would take the hand off it looked as though he was waiting to be tackled. Robert Edwards will have the job if he can stay healthy thru the rest of camp.

Originally posted by Dajesus
Henry has not impressed me at all thus far. It is fitting that he wears number 26 because in the scrimage and again tonight he looked just like Lamar last year. When he would take the hand off it looked as though he was waiting to be tackled. Robert Edwards will have the job if he can stay healthy thru the rest of camp.

I absolutelt agree.....I even wrote something almost exactly like this on the Wally-O thread.......strictly coincidence, I swear!

kustok, didn't impress me at all. i was looking for levcik, he's s big guy. wanted to see if that made a difference!

i think i was more concerned about the arm tackling. marion looked so bad going after pittman. the first thing i used to teach my kids was to keep your head up and watch the belly. the runner can fake you with the head and legs, but he has to follow his stomach!

Originally posted by Dajesus

You been to camp? Henry is usually impressive and when I was at camp,Henry looked better than Edwards...Only time offensive line block was 2nd unit for some plays...Henry had no holes just ask Williams how hard it is to run with out holes.....I just finish watching the the game again and I think our biggest concern should be offensive line ...Talk about getting no push for the running game at all........I wouldn't worry about the Run D yet because they haven't shown 8 man in the box ...If that fails to stop the run than I worry.............

Originally posted by minus

You been to camp? Henry is usually impressive and when I was at camp looked better than Edwards...Only time offensive line block was 2nd unit for some plays...Henry had no holes just ask Williams how hard it is to run with out holes.....I just finish watching the the game again and I think our biggest concern should be offensive line ...Talk about getting no push for the running game at all........I wouldn't worry about the Run D yet because they haven't shown 8 man in the box ...If that fails to stop the run than I worry.............

I agree... I think Henry was put in a bad situation, hard to run when the D is consistanly playing against the run... showed they had no respect for Kustok, go figure... I didn't either...

THE TURK IS LIKELY COMING FOR THESE GUYS
.....based on what we've seen thus far

LB Justin Seaverns
His intensity might be like Zach's, but he's nowhere as quick or as good a tackler. He missed an easy tackle on Travis Stephens. And he was very slow in run support. The feel-good story is ending.

LB Josh Symonette
Special teams penalty and boneheaded plays hurt him last night.

TE Alonzo Mayes
Didn't show much. Could have flattened Greg Spires on a Kustok run. But he went up high and ended up going backwards. We'll likely suffer injuries to the spot. But Mayes is dead weight at this point. I guess I won't say he'll be cut. Just that he stands a good chance to be.

QB Zack Kustok
Just doesn't have the arm strength.

S Trent Gamble
Gamble was largely responsible for the Bucs kickoff return for TD. Scott McGarrahan already does what Gamble does. Plus Gamble's shoulder's are a concern. Lastly, JASON MOORE has looked solid thus far AT SAFETY. Seaverns might have gotten credit for causing the fumble of Travis Stephens. But Moore was the one who delivered the big hit to loosen him up.

DT James Atkins
Henry Taylor and Ernest Grant are playing a notch or two above Atkins for the final DT spot.

WR Sam Simmons
Baker and Ogden are locked into battle at #5. Both men are playing well. Simmons' rookie status certainly plays a part. Baker and Ogden are veterans and know so much more about the pro game. And it shows.

WR Albert Johnson
Johnson has played pretty well at WR. And he has looked pretty good on kick returns. He has recovered nicely from that ACL. But again, Baker and Ogden are at the top of the list.

Let us not forget, though, that guys like Simmons and Atkins will see a lot more time vs NO and other games. So they'll get their chances to make an impact.

Great observations Muck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some thoughts on the individual preformances:

Here are the guys I think we can cut right now:

1. Zak Kustock: Guy has no arm period. There is no upside to this guys even if he could figure out where to throw the ball.

2. LB Justin Seaverns: I really wanted to love this guy based upon his story alone. But, he's slow, misses tackles, and gets pushed around.

Guys on the edge of unemployment:

1. LB Josh Symonette: Shows some physical skills, but seems lost at times and makes some bad plays. He can improve, but he better improve quick.

2. TE Mayes: Tired of hearing how talented he is when he stinks up the field.

3. RB Henry: With the crowd at running back, he's going to have to show more than he did to make this team. The best we can say is that he didn't fumble.

4. Wr Simmons: Like Henry, faces a very crowded field and the only time he got noticed was when he put the ball on the ground.

Guys that will make the team, but have me worried:

1. OT Brent Smith: Looked awful again. Slow, weak and beaten up like an old bag.

2. OL Ruddy/Dixon : Once again getting no movement up front in the middle of the line.

Guys Who Made Big Strides:

1. FB Conrad: Showed he can catch the ball.

2. WR Robert Baker: Had a great game.

3. Qb Lucas - everyone else has said enough

4. DE Wally - everyone else has said enough.

That's how I see it.

Back
Top Bottom