Some Info On Rader | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Info On Rader

dominizzo said:
well saying that he must prove to us that he is better than donald lee or ed peery if he wants a shot

Assuming he only has one bad leg and both hands aren't tied behind his back he should be a better TE than Perry. If he passed 6th grade he should be smarter than Lee. I personally don't like Lee because of all his mistakes and I think carrying a guy to just long snap is a waste of a roster spot. I can't believe that a backup center or Oline that you may actually need in a game can't long snap. That blows me away. Perry has been stealing a pay check for a long time. Now that is easy money. I know people may flame me because he is supposed to be such a good long snapper but PLEASE - long snapping?? A center can't long snap? For 350k or 400k you can't find a guy that might actually play in a game that can also long snap. I wish my guidance counselor mentioned that job option way back in HS!

Rich22 said:
Assuming he only has one bad leg and both hands aren't tied behind his back he should be a better TE than Perry. If he passed 6th grade he should be smarter than Lee. I personally don't like Lee because of all his mistakes and I think carrying a guy to just long snap is a waste of a roster spot. I can't believe that a backup center or Oline that you may actually need in a game can't long snap. That blows me away. Perry has been stealing a pay check for a long time. Now that is easy money. I know people may flame me because he is supposed to be such a good long snapper but PLEASE - long snapping?? A center can't long snap? For 350k or 400k you can't find a guy that might actually play in a game that can also long snap. I wish my guidance counselor mentioned that job option way back in HS!

:lol: thats really funny about the guidance counselor... but seriously, a long snapper is important. And dont worry... i aint gunna flame you. But... If the snap on a punt is bad... its all over. those players get in there so quick! look at a punt... there is always someone about 3 inches away from blockin a punt every time for every team. if that snap isnt dead on the money... and i am talkin an accuracy of one square foot from like 12 yards back (i dont know how far back a punter stands... but i guessed around 12) the punt will be blocked. Not to mention if we are puntin around our own goal line where a saftey or a TD for the other team is possible. And the same goes for a fieldgoal... that snap has to be perfect right in the hands of the holder and fieldgoals can decide games! look at all of NE's superbowls for instance!

Now... I have no idea what we are payin him and we could possibly be over payin him... but all I am sayin is that you cant undervalue a long snapper. It is one of those positions that gets no recognition or attention what so ever... unless there is a bad snap. But he does play a role..

Nasty

Rookie free agent contracts are cheaper a NFL vet with 4 yrs experience.

May be a salary move?(If he makes the team)

dominizzo said:
well saying that he must prove to us that he is better than donald lee or ed peery if he wants a shot
Perry doesn't play TE, we just have him to play long snapper and he is an emerency TE

dominizzo said:
Doesn't have to prove he is better than Perry unless he is a top-notch long snapper. That is Perry's main job, not receiving or blocking.

I don't like the idea of having radon in the locker room.

Ed Perry just signed a 5 year deal, to be our LONG SNAPPER. Donald Lee came out of college as the BEST blocking TE in the draft. Because we carried so many LB's and DB's over the years, we could only have 2 true TE's on the roster, leaving Donald Lee as a receiving TE. He was drafted to be a mean blocker. It does get lost in the shuffle when the O-line stinks, but he is still a good blocker.

This guy could have a good shot at making the team, maybe just the practice squad but think about it. Lienhan used alot of 2 TE sets in the past, we really only have 2 true TE's on the team so another one added to the team makes sense, at least to practice squad. Good luck to him.

Rich22 said:

you may not notice how good he is now, but a few years a go when he was injured and we couldnt find anyone good to replace him, it was a really big deal... thats why we signed him to a long extention... perry is one of the best in the game at what he does, and he is way more important than a 7th or 8th linebacker....

Back
Top Bottom