Some Interesting Bots and Bobs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Interesting Bots and Bobs

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Mainly from Peter King. He says that he thinks Miami will stay at 2 and take Brown. He thinks we are mad not to take a shot at Najeh though.

He also says that teams were a bit disappointed with Braylon Edwards' workout and that he will slip some. The Vikings have Edwards much hugher than Williams, but are happy to take either now.

He says that Cleveland are keeping things really close to their chests, whilst San Fran will take one of the QB's.

To finish he says that a deal for Surtain will be tough to pull off with the asking price from us and the asking price from him.

Other bits and bobs: Matt Roth looked very good in his Pro Day for Iowa, Jason Campbell was awesome and Ronnie Brown dropped a pass :)

Just imagine putting that last bit on the main site - he'd be in the 4th round before you could say Verne Troyer.

Interesting. I like King and respect his work, but he has an unrealistic infatuation with Najeh Davenport.

As one who lives and dies with the Canes, I have to say that despite his size and physical tools, I never saw Davenport do anything special, or anyuthing to make himself stand out on the field for UM. This despite having every chance to shine as much as Edge, Portis, McGahee, Gore, or any of them. And as a pro, he has done nothign of note; yes, he had 4+ YPC as a backup - again, nothing that stands out, given a good supporting cast in GB.

I think Davenport would be a good short-yardage option for a team that needed that and already had an every-down back on the roster. But I just don't think he makes sense for the Phins.

Boomer, the question came up in the main forum as to whether you will do a mock or a top-ten at each position this year, or anything at all. I recall you saying you wanted to spend time with your baby (understandably) in a thread a couple weeks back, but I'm fuzzy on the details.

NaboCane said:
Interesting. I like King and respect his work, but he has an unrealistic infatuation with Najeh Davenport.

As one who lives and dies with the Canes, I have to say that despite his size and physical tools, I never saw Davenport do anything special, or anyuthing to make himself stand out on the field for UM. This despite having every chance to shine as much as Edge, Portis, McGahee, Gore, or any of them. And as a pro, he has done nothign of note; yes, he had 4+ YPC as a backup - again, nothing that stands out, given a good supporting cast in GB.

I think Davenport would be a good short-yardage option for a team that needed that and already had an every-down back on the roster. But I just don't think he makes sense for the Phins.

Boomer, the question came up in the main forum as to whether you will do a mock or a top-ten at each position this year, or anything at all. I recall you saying you wanted to spend time with your baby (understandably) in a thread a couple weeks back, but I'm fuzzy on the details.

I agree and disagree about Davenport. He was in line to take over at UM and blew out his knee. I saw him as a total bull of a back, very similar to RW's.

IMO he has never been the same, yet he has slowy gotten back near 100 percent. The experience he would have gotten at UM had he not gotten injured is what's missing with him now. By the time he gets it, it might be too late.

NaboCane said:

I have seen a lot of Green Bay and Davenport looks like a guy ready to start.

As for mocks, I will probably do one, but might keep it in here because you can never fully predict whats what and 99% of the time you end up looking a doofus and the opportunity for idiots to rip u on the main site increases 100 fold.

Plus, like you say, I have time issues :)

If we have no designs on taking a QB, I hope SF takes Rodgers. I feel like more teams have the hots for Alex Smith (at least that's what's been portrayed). So that would inturn give us a larger opportunity to trade down.

As for Dookie, I'd be weary of trading anything of significant value for him. I've had my fill of trading high picks for backups lately. ;)

Back
Top Bottom