Some may know of this but I just found it out, WHAT an idiot! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some may know of this but I just found it out, WHAT an idiot!

ptmn

"Shaq is Back in Black"
Reaction score
Some may know this, but thought I would share for those who don't.

7. Gus Frerotte uses his head, 1997.
NFL players are always told that when they get to the end zone, to act like they've been there before. Well, Redskins quarterback Frerotte really did not know how to act after his third career rushing touchdown. After his late November one-yard touchdown run, Gus deliberately smacked his head against the stadium wall beyond the end zone. The $18 million dollar quarterback was taken to the hospital with neck pain, missing the second half of the most important game of the season (against the Giants) and was never really the same afterward. When Warner Brothers cartoon characters pull the same head-butt stunt, it's funny.

How funny is that, I wish i could see that on video, I never saw this, but what an idiot we got for a QB.

ptmn said:
Some may know this, but thought I would share for those who don't.

7. Gus Frerotte uses his head, 1997.
NFL players are always told that when they get to the end zone, to act like they've been there before. Well, Redskins quarterback Frerotte really did not know how to act after his third career rushing touchdown. After his late November one-yard touchdown run, Gus deliberately smacked his head against the stadium wall beyond the end zone. The $18 million dollar quarterback was taken to the hospital with neck pain, missing the second half of the most important game of the season (against the Giants) and was never really the same afterward. When Warner Brothers cartoon characters pull the same head-butt stunt, it's funny.

How funny is that, I wish i could see that on video, I never saw this, but what an idiot we got for a QB.

Laughed at that hysterically I did.

Like gramatica celebrating. You just have to laugh!

Our own Freddie Solomon did that circa 1977. He tore his knee doing a End Zone celebration. Shula rewarded him with a trade to SF. That's how we got Delvin Williams, if I recall.

Almost as funny as the left-handed interception he threw while playing for the Bengals!

sounds like we've got ourselves a real winner!

Boone said:
Everyone makes mistakes...

Most people don't concuss themselves by smashing their head on a wall. To make matters worse, he was celebrating! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom