Some members took a huge hit in credibilty this week with the Saban/Alabama threads | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some members took a huge hit in credibilty this week with the Saban/Alabama threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superself said:
Seems to me you need to rephrase your thread title or something because your post is aimed at specific posters...not the entire board. The thread title implies that FinHeaven as a whole did something wrong. :shakeno:

I edited it to reflect what I assume is his true intent. :wink:

The hottest candidate for damn near any HC job is Sabans' old OC at LSU - Jimbo Fisher.

Is it possible 'Bama contact Saban not for the HC job, but for an evalution of Mr Fisher?

Lighten up ya'll............

I agree many posters on here love to sink their teeth into anything negative about the Fins or Saban. Don't understand why people are that way, they just are. I knew there was no way Saban was going anywhere, I could just feel it. How many times and ways must a guy like Saban deny such stupid rumors to make them go away?

NYPhinFan said:
Let me say first off that I love this site..not a better place to get information quickly and some of the most knowledgeable and good willed people around. First stop I take everyday when I get online. Now with that being said..the nonsense that took place this week with the Saban/Alabama rumor was a DISGRACE!. You had countless people who took Sabans character..loyalty and ethics and threw them all under a bus all for a rumor.It did not matter that he denied over and over any interest in the job...it did not matter. You had people having him meeting Bama officials...using it as a ploy to gain more money..bailing on this team...using "sleazy ethics. It just went beyond the normal intelligent banter or give and take. It was ignorant. They took bits and pieces of articles and ran with it...and totally ignored others that plainly stated that there was no interest in the job.
I just wish that the same people who spewed so much negativity and venom will now come back and admit how terribly wrong they were and next time just wait for all the facts to come out before burying someone. I am no different than most of you...I was concerned about all the rumors...but at least WAIT till the facts show themselves. Sorry about the rant...just think the site took a step down with the extreme overreaction and the need to try and be first in reporting it...and staining a mans reputation all for the sake of trying to be the first one to say"I told you so"

I do not believe that much of a % of us believed this rumer. Very few in fact. We are at least fairly intelligent people and see rumers like this as what they are... rumers.

There is a difference between being negative about a facet of the team/organization and some of the hoopla that's gone on with Saban rumors on this board. I agree with the original post, some members went overboard, especially if its true that they took shots at a person and his character.

Shots on Chambers though, that's entirely acceptable. Is he the WORST WR ever? Not even close, but he is not nearly the magnificent talent homers make him out to be. No elite WR disappears for 3 quarters at a time, weeks at a time, or in this year's case, months at a time. He will make the acrobatic circus catch when you are down/up 20 but will drop the critical 3rd and 8 pass for a first. If you feel otherwise, thats an entirely acceptable position and a great debate.

But shots on character and ethics are low blows especially when 1) you know nothing of the real situation and 2) if I had 57M and an easier job staring at me in the face I would run like hell, its a business, not a family.

NYPhinFan said:
Let me say first off that I love this site..not a better place to get information quickly and some of the most knowledgeable and good willed people around. First stop I take everyday when I get online. Now with that being said..the nonsense that took place this week with the Saban/Alabama rumor was a DISGRACE!. You had countless people who took Sabans character..loyalty and ethics and threw them all under a bus all for a rumor.It did not matter that he denied over and over any interest in the job...it did not matter. You had people having him meeting Bama officials...using it as a ploy to gain more money..bailing on this team...using "sleazy ethics. It just went beyond the normal intelligent banter or give and take. It was ignorant. They took bits and pieces of articles and ran with it...and totally ignored others that plainly stated that there was no interest in the job.
I just wish that the same people who spewed so much negativity and venom will now come back and admit how terribly wrong they were and next time just wait for all the facts to come out before burying someone. I am no different than most of you...I was concerned about all the rumors...but at least WAIT till the facts show themselves. Sorry about the rant...just think the site took a step down with the extreme overreaction and the need to try and be first in reporting it...and staining a mans reputation all for the sake of trying to be the first one to say"I told you so"

Well said. There are, however, numerous Saban haters on this site that would love nothing more than to see him depart. It is, quite frankly, embarrassing at times to be a fan of an organisation that has so many other fans who can't appreciate what Saban has done for this team. The bottom line is that he is one of the best coaches in the NFL, and we should consider ourselves lucky that he was hired to lead this team.
I have no problem with people being critical of players or coaches, but the criticism should be tempered with logic and reason.
I now just dismiss these Saban haters as ignorant, foolish or fairweather fans. I'm sure most of them would rather see the team headed by Spurrier.

I think most posters vented about him "IF" he left.....myself included...every negative thing I said had a "IF HE LEAVES" in front of it. knee jerk reaction is to feel angry and betrayed so as long as people had the IF in the sentence you cant blame them for anything more than jumping the gun.

Its like if you ever hear a rumour about your GF kissing face with johnny down the street..the knee jerk reaction is anger and hostility and you start thinking in your head that IF this is true she's a real ----.....then you realize its not true..and your back to loving her.:D

It just goes to prove you cant believe everything you read ,hear and see in the media.

Those who did believe were taken in by the the high pressure tactics of the Bama alumnii .You will note that most of the stories originated in the Alabama media.Some of the national media parroted the rumor to their
shame.

I never believed a word of it, and yes there were a lot of members here that overreacted to the rumors. Sad.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

WharfRat said:
I edited it to reflect what I assume is his true intent. :wink:
Thank You...I did not mean to include the WHOLE board..sorry.

adamprez2003 said:
The majority knew it wasnt going to happen. Too many people come to this site who will believe anything.

Yea they take the opinions we give as accurate analysis of the team and take them as facts. O well those are the kind of people who like idiots when they try to explain a rumor as truth. Saban isn't going any where "until the job I started here is finished!"

That will be the day...when the 72' Dolphins will be brought back. sweeping the best and murdering all who come against them in the playoffs.:D

Don't forget that there were plenty of jets and bills fans racking up assist stats trying to keep the flames burning.

Believe what you want but here are two FACTS.
1. Saban was offered a contract by Alabama
2. Saban did ask for a week to consider the offer

Of course he denied it. What do you expect him to say? Do you think he would admit he was considering other jobs?
Alabama could have hired Rodriguez a lot sooner if they weren't waiting on Saban's answer

Believe what you want but here are two FACTS.
1. Saban was offered a contract by Alabama
2. Saban did ask for a week to consider the offer

So obviously you have "facts" that noone else has or reported. Where did you read anywhere that he took a week to consider anything?????:shakeno: :shakeno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom