Some members took a huge hit in credibilty this week with the Saban/Alabama threads | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some members took a huge hit in credibilty this week with the Saban/Alabama threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYPhinFan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Let me say first off that I love this site..not a better place to get information quickly and some of the most knowledgeable and good willed people around. First stop I take everyday when I get online. Now with that being said..the nonsense that took place this week with the Saban/Alabama rumor was a DISGRACE!. You had countless people who took Sabans character..loyalty and ethics and threw them all under a bus all for a rumor.It did not matter that he denied over and over any interest in the job...it did not matter. You had people having him meeting Bama officials...using it as a ploy to gain more money..bailing on this team...using "sleazy ethics. It just went beyond the normal intelligent banter or give and take. It was ignorant. They took bits and pieces of articles and ran with it...and totally ignored others that plainly stated that there was no interest in the job.
I just wish that the same people who spewed so much negativity and venom will now come back and admit how terribly wrong they were and next time just wait for all the facts to come out before burying someone. I am no different than most of you...I was concerned about all the rumors...but at least WAIT till the facts show themselves. Sorry about the rant...just think the site took a step down with the extreme overreaction and the need to try and be first in reporting it...and staining a mans reputation all for the sake of trying to be the first one to say"I told you so"

NYPhinFan said:
Let me say first off that I love this site..not a better place to get information quickly and some of the most knowledgeable and good willed people around. First stop I take everyday when I get online. Now with that being said..the nonsense that took place this week with the Saban/Alabama rumor was a DISGRACE!. You had countless people who took Sabans character..loyalty and ethics and threw them all under a bus all for a rumor.It did not matter that he denied over and over any interest in the job...it did not matter. You had people having him meeting Bama officials...using it as a ploy to gain more money..bailing on this team...using "sleazy ethics. It just went beyond the normal intelligent banter or give and take. It was ignorant. They took bits and pieces of articles and ran with it...and totally ignored others that plainly stated that there was no interest in the job.
I just wish that the same people who spewed so much negativity and venom will now come back and admit how terribly wrong they were and next time just wait for all the facts to come out before burying someone. I am no different than most of you...I was concerned about all the rumors...but at least WAIT till the facts show themselves. Sorry about the rant...just think the site took a step down with the extreme overreaction and the need to try and be first in reporting it...and staining a mans reputation all for the sake of trying to be the first one to say"I told you so"

Easy big guy.

You kinda have to slough off BS. No way in heck Saban bailed on miami.

No way.

It's simply not ethical.

GoonBoss said:
Easy big guy.

You kinda have to slough off BS. No way in heck Saban bailed on miami.

No way.

It's simply not ethical.
That is my whole point...I believed that he would honor his commitment...alot of people on here jumped on him before any facts came out.

I didn't even bother to look at any of the threads related to the rumor. I didn't even give it a second thought when I first heard it or when it was discussed on TV. I just thought it was very unlikely that a guy would leave the NFL for college when he wasn't being run out of town or when you have a situation like Saban doesn in Miami. The only thing I paid attention to and found even remotely interesting was the amount of money Bama reportedly offered which was 5mil a year with about a 5mil signing bonus. That is a lot for a college coach to be making. I guess it doesn't surprise me that some people got carried away. That is what you get with sports. There is always a percentage of any fanbase that is irrational when it comes to anything about the team.

NYPhinFan said:
That is my whole point...I believed that he would honor his commitment...alot of people on here jumped on him before any facts came out.

I stopped looking when the thread hit "18X" :lol:

It was after a loss that crashed alot of unrealistic illusions.

Gotta take it all in context.

This is a great board. I know you're mad but, c'mon.:D

Nothing left but to laugh, brutha.

I hear ya!..Still alot of great people on here..I am not going anywhere...After a long day I guess I get cranky.:mad:

The majority knew it wasnt going to happen. Too many people come to this site who will believe anything.

NYPhinFan said:

I think that a few fans took it seriously. I think Nick would say "the situation RELATIVE to me interviewing with Bama is innacurate and my only concern is RELATIVE to the commitment I made to Wayne H and the Miami Dolphins organization.

Seems to me you need to rephrase your thread title or something because your post is aimed at specific posters...not the entire board. The thread title implies that FinHeaven as a whole did something wrong. :shakeno:

NYPhinFan said:

Amen. Its become so toxic and negative in here its not funny.

The Chambers bashing threads alone are enough to show you that many "fans" in here:

a) Don't know what they're talking about
b) Are willing to believe and spread the worst bile they can drag up while ignoring what they're actually seeing.

Great post

NYPhinFan said:

You hit the nail on the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom