Some News & Notes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some News & Notes

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Reaction score
Minor Lost In The Shuffle
Travis Minor has had a quiet offseason largely because of a strained hamstring, and that could give Robert Edwards an edge this season. While Edwards needs to prove his worth with pads on, he looked elusive and fit in recent workouts.

Burnett Gets His Number
Defensive end Rob Burnett wanted jersey No. 90. The problem: fellow end Adewale Ogunleye already had it. Thus, Burnett did everything in his power to acquire it... and that comes in a five-figure tradeoff, as well as a promise of a free dinner. Ogunleye now wears No. 93.

I know Minor is a fan favorite but I see nothing wrong with Edwards pushing Minor for the #2 running back spot. If Edwards can get back to where he was before his devasting injury, he is a better player than Minor. If, second if, all the RB's can stay healthy Miami will have the best 1, 2, 3 punch since the days of Czonka, Kiick, and Morris. All three had their roles on the team. All three played their roles to a tee. Any pressure that can be taken off of Fielder is a huge plus. Now if the offensive line can get their act together, we could see an offense that has better balance than I ever seen in the 32 years I have rooted for the Phins.

i think robert edwards would be a better everydown back than travis minor...if ricky goes down we have enough depth to get us through a few games...its a nice problem to have...

It's really not a problem at all. We usually keep 3 RB's, and our draft pick can head to the practice squad.

Minor will be involved, no doubt

Some More News & Notes

Dolphins backup DE David Bowens will get every opportunity to win a higher-profile job on the defensive line even with the recent signing of Rob Burnett.

We hear the Dolphins' recent trade of QB Cade McNown to the 49ers was a decision made mostly by offensive coordinator Norv Turner. Had the Dolphins gotten rid of McNown prior to March 1, they would have owed the Bears a seventh-round draft pick. But Turner wanted time to evaluate McNown, and now the Dolphins owe the Bears a sixth-round pick.

from Whispers from around the NFL

Originally posted by chambers84
What about Leonard Henry??
Unless Edwards shows he cannot play anymore, I see one of 3 scenarios:

1. we'll carry 4 HBs and Henry will play on STs
  2. Henry will be placed on the practice squad
  3. he'll get cut

If #2 is the case and he looks good in PS, then he will get signed somewhere else you would think :(

Alex Marvez says that he sees no reason why we shouldnt carry 4 HB's.So i dont see why not either.

My vote (not that it counts for anything) is to carry all four of them. It would be nice to develop a guy like Henry.

Originally posted by DolFan31
Alex Marvez says that he sees no reason why we shouldnt carry 4 HB's.So i dont see why not either.

Who cares what Alex Marvez thinks. I don't think anyone should base their opinions on what he thinks.

A point that everybody seems to be ignoring, or maybe just overlooking, is the fact that David Bowens is getting the chance for a high profile job on our D-line. That probobly means that he is locked into our nickle-rush role, but perhaps he is making strides in run D....how without the pads on is probobly me just jumping the gun, but i would like to know more about that situation.

As most of you know I am not very high on Burnett, so any good news about Bowens is sweet news to my ears. Nothing against Burnett, I am just not counting on him, and i HOPE he proves me wrong!!!!

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
A point that everybody seems to be ignoring, or maybe just overlooking, is the fact that David Bowens is getting the chance for a high profile job on our D-line. That probobly means that he is locked into our nickle-rush role, but perhaps he is making strides in run D....how without the pads on is probobly me just jumping the gun, but i would like to know more about that situation.

As most of you know I am not very high on Burnett, so any good news about Bowens is sweet news to my ears. Nothing against Burnett, I am just not counting on him, and i HOPE he proves me wrong!!!!
I love the Burnett acquisition, but was shocked :eek: and discouraged to think that they think he can be like Trace was in 2000. Now, D Bo c/b like Trace was in 2000 - maybe not as productive, but a dedicated pass rusher. Burnett to me is insurance for DG and Chester as well as to give them a breather.

Originally posted by chambers84

Who cares what Alex Marvez thinks. I don't think anyone should base their opinions on what he thinks.

Actually Marvez is one of the few guys I respect. He actually spends a lot of time around the team instead of going there once in a blue moon and just spouting off.

Originally posted by DolFan31
I saw on the TV news that RW is now practicing as an everydown back. If that's the scheme that the team adopts, it would preclude giving sufficient playing time to three or four rb's.

If Edwards can show that he has regained his ability I would love to see Minor get a shot at returning punts. He has been awesome on special teams, and is much more elusive and quick than Ogden. Didn't he also get some work at PR in Tallahasee?

Back
Top Bottom