Some of next years drafts top talent is opting out | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some of next years drafts top talent is opting out

LSU is getting hammered with defections.

I wonder if they have to give back any recruiting "incentives" they have received. ;)

I am curious to see if this leads to players who have monster SOPH years and are not eligible for the Draft sitting out instead of risking injury during their JR seasons.

Some smart guys out there should put together a training facility with some former NFL position coaches and trainers where those players could go to prepare for the Draft.

Agents should be working on this now.

I am curious to see if this leads to players who have monster SOPH years and are not eligible for the Draft sitting out instead of risking injury during their JR seasons.

Some smart guys out there should put together a training facility with some former NFL position coaches and trainers where those players could go to prepare for the Draft.

Agents should be working on this now.

I think it would be taking a risk. A good or great junior season following a great sophomore season would be more valuable than just a great sophomore season. Plus scouts and gms tend to always put more value in what's freshest in their memories. Just like a player who has a great November is usually hypes more than a player that had a great September. If a player were to rest on their 2019 tape they run the risk of falling behind players who produce similar seasons in 2020.

Yes it is a bit of a risk but so is playing while being uncompensated)unless the NCAA finds out)and risking injury or underperforming.

Since so many top players are doing it this year(due to special circumstances , granted)it will be interesting to see where they get drafted.

The University of Central Florida has had 10 players opt out. That's a huge hit.

Jamie Newman opting out

Why are these guys leaving it so late? Blow for the Dawgs

Jamie Newman opting out

That's a huge blow for the Dawgs, they pretty much changed the offensive philosophy to fit him from what I understand.

As far as why so late, maybe more and more of them feel that there just wont be a full season. I mean in baseball we are seeing canceled series, but what's going to happen when you have to cancel a game or two?

Jamie Newman opting out

This is even better. Thanks for gift wrapping the SEC for my Gators. Now all we have to do is take down the elephant who lost like 11 starters in the champ game.

ROFLMAO. This is fantastic. The U is going to be garbage again. Love it. Go Gators!

Not so fast my friend. It's a big blow for Miami but they've got Roche from Temple who is more than capable of stepping up. A first rounder in his own right.

Not so fast my friend. It's a big blow for Miami but they've got Roche from Temple who is more than capable of stepping up. A first rounder in his own right.
Ah. Go Gators. You're lucky we don't play you as we would turn you into a silver McNibblet......

Jamie Newman opting out

Big blow for Newman as well. He had the chance to get some serious first round discussion about him. He still could, it’s hard to say where he’d be projected right now, but a strong year in that offense would have created a lot of buzz for him.
But he’s got to do what he believes is best for him.

ROFLMAO. This is fantastic. The U is going to be garbage again. Love it. Go Gators!
Phillips is also on the roster. There’s another guy who’s been emerging, can’t remember the name. Also a big upgrade at QB. Championship? Probably not, but a big upgrade over last years squad, let’s also not forget we brought in Lashlee to coordinate.

Back
Top Bottom