Some of next years drafts top talent is opting out | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some of next years drafts top talent is opting out

Pittsburgh's Paris Ford is a good prospect. He's a hitter and solid tackler. Good player.

He appears 45th-70th in just about ever mock I've seen.

Interesting that Pitt has 3 1st or 2nd round defenders. You'd think they were a lights out defense.

He appears 45th-70th in just about ever mock I've seen.

Interesting that Pitt has 3 1st or 2nd round defenders. You'd think they were a lights out defense.
I dont know if you've been able to watch their games, but both their DE's do stand out. If not in QB pressure, setting the edge, and against the run.

I dont know if you've been able to watch their games, but both their DE's do stand out. If not in QB pressure, setting the edge, and against the run.
I keep meaning to but seem to forget to record some of these college games. I’ll have to set to record earlier in the week.

Typically i fill my DVR with as many college games as possible and then watch the interesting matchups in the spring leading up to the draft.

dolphinsb_logo.gif
Miami Dolphins: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
Oregon_logo.gif

The Dolphins need to do everything in their power to protect Tua Tagovailoa. They don't have the offensive line to properly shield the Alabama product at the moment, but getting Penei Sewell would go a long way in doing so.

Penei Sewell was so good as a sophomore, he received a second-place Heisman vote.

dolphinsb_logo.gif
Miami Dolphins: Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
PennState_logo.gif

The Dolphins need to bolster their linebacking corps, as it would be the weak point of their defense if the pass rush is addressed.

Looking like the next great linebacker to come out of Penn State, Micah Parsons was very productive. That was not a surprise, as Parsons was a highly athletic five-star recruit.

Neither is likely to be on the board at those spots, but how amazing would that be?

dolphinsb_logo.gif
Miami Dolphins: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
Oregon_logo.gif

The Dolphins need to do everything in their power to protect Tua Tagovailoa. They don't have the offensive line to properly shield the Alabama product at the moment, but getting Penei Sewell would go a long way in doing so.

Penei Sewell was so good as a sophomore, he received a second-place Heisman vote.

dolphinsb_logo.gif
Miami Dolphins: Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
PennState_logo.gif

The Dolphins need to bolster their linebacking corps, as it would be the weak point of their defense if the pass rush is addressed.

Looking like the next great linebacker to come out of Penn State, Micah Parsons was very productive. That was not a surprise, as Parsons was a highly athletic five-star recruit.

Neither is likely to be on the board at those spots, but how amazing would that be?

I doubt it but I'd be ecstatic with that!

My two favorite players in this draft right now, but there is ZERO chance either player is available at those spots.

Sewell will be the first non QB off the board and Parsons probably the first defensive player.

Things are getting mercenary out there.
The season is getting progressively more stupid. Each week sees waves of games 'postponed', most of them later to be cancelled altogether.

I'll give the NCAA this, I didn't think they'd keep it going this long. I just never thought that college players would be mature enough to take care of themselves.

I have said this before but i hope that the players are realizing the power they have and that they should be looking out for themselves and not feel some nonsense "loyalty" to the school that is using them to make bundles of cash.

I hope to see players who have big SOPH seasons pass on their JR year and go somewhere and work out with NFL type trainers and coaches while they wait to be eligible for the Draft.

Some smart former NFL trainers, coaches and some agents are going to open up training academies for guys like that.

I have said this before but i hope that the players are realizing the power they have and that they should be looking out for themselves and not feel some nonsense "loyalty" to the school that is using them to make bundles of cash.

I hope to see players who have big SOPH seasons pass on their JR year and go somewhere and work out with NFL type trainers and coaches while they wait to be eligible for the Draft.

Some smart former NFL trainers, coaches and some agents are going to open up training academies for guys like that.
Absolutely... these 'power' conference schools treat their players like assets, rather than as human beings. I'm not normally in favor of players opting out or changing teams through the transfer window... but this year... F the NCAA. What they are doing is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom