Some of you haven't realized...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some of you haven't realized......

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
.....that Nick Saban is not drafting based on need. He's not going to pass over a potentially very good player to take a player that plays a perceived need position that probably won't make the team.

His draft has been about value. With his four picks, he has taken three players that had first round grades and another that was graded as a late 2nd to early 3rd round guy.

I got news for you. Nick isn't taking any offensive linemen. You might as well just suck it up, because he doesn't see value in these linemen.

Hear hear. The response has been pathetic - typical - but pathetic nonetheless.

Some people need to forget about the guys they hear about on Sportscenter and watch some damn games.

Yea I agree. Whats even greater is that the value players so far HAVE BEEN need. We needed a RB, got the best for our system. Needed to buff up defense, got 3 great players that I hope will be able to contribute a lot.

Yeah. I forgot about Wilkerson. I also forgot about Doug Buckles, who is a player Miami is interested in. I take back my statement that he won't take any linemen.

I wanted Shazor he his a hard hiting mofo at safety not some skinny dood

KB21 said:
Yeah. I forgot about Wilkerson. I also forgot about Doug Buckles, who is a player Miami is interested in. I take back my statement that he won't take any linemen.

The only line position I'd like is a center. I don't trust McKinney much, and I wouldn't mind getting someone young to groom. Other than that, I don't want any other linemen. I trust Houck will fix it with the talent we have.

KB21 said:
.....that Nick Saban is not drafting based on need. He's not going to pass over a potentially very good player to take a player that plays a perceived need position that probably won't make the team.

His draft has been about value. With his four picks, he has taken three players that had first round grades and another that was graded as a late 2nd to early 3rd round guy.

I got news for you. Nick isn't taking any offensive linemen. You might as well just suck it up, because he doesn't see value in these linemen.

KB, you know way more about the draft than me so I will defer to you on this.........but were there not offensive linemen that had great value for us in both the 3rd and 4th rounds? Players with better value than Crowder and Daniels.?

KB21 said:

I agree. I have a question for you. I think we do need another wideout, so my question is whata re your thoughts on Larry Brackins? I know Saban was recruiting him to transfer to LSU, so he should be pretty familier with him. I've laso heard that if he did transfer to LSU, or FSU, or Miami, all of which he was considering and had a good season he couild have possibly went in the top two rounds next season. So my question is, what are your thoughts on him, and where do you see him going?

pigskinguy said:
KB, you know way more about the draft than me so I will defer to you on this.........but were there not offensive linemen that had great value for us in both the 3rd and 4th rounds? Players with better value than Crowder and Daniels.?

Croder's value was stunning. If the Pats made this pick, ESPN would be creaming theri collective shorts

Boomer said:

Some people need to forget about the guys they hear about on Sportscenter and watch some damn games.
Exactly... how many guys have honestly seen LSU play and actually had a good look at Daniels??

Boomer said:

That's just it. All I can remember is the 16 games I watch last year and how bad the line was for the most part. And we have done nothing to address it (with the exception of Houck, which will help alot) and nobody seems to be worried about it but me.

pigskinguy said:

No. Channing Crowder is the best linebacker in this draft. Scout Inc had him as the 30th best player in the draft period. There was not an offensive lineman rated as high as he was.

It's debateable whether there were linemen available that had high value than Daniels, but not in Saban's eyes.

Some of you wanted Elton Brown. There's a reason he dropped to the fourth round despite his talent. He's not aggressive, and he pretty much tanked himself during the draft process by showing no work ethic. He also has an off the field history.

Back
Top Bottom