Some of you people scare me, i'm sorry... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some of you people scare me, i'm sorry...

PhinfanBo1

Scout Team
Reaction score
Someone said we REACHED for this player, when we had other needs? It is the exact OPPOSITE. We didn't REACH for a need, but instead took the best player available-a guy looked at as a late first, early 2nd round talent.

Someone else compared this move to the selection of Eddie Moore? How can a guy who was considered one of the best DE's in the country, one of the most intense players in the country and a top 35 pick be even mentioned in the same sentence as a player with a 4th-5th round grade who was oft-injured in college and was a MAJOR reach? RIDICULIOUS.

We had other needs, yes. And this is a surprising choice, yes. But Math Roth can flat out play. He is a strong player who can consistently rush the passer, play solid against the run, and absolutely BRING IT on every play. I could see Roth becomingnot just a starter but a pro-bowler in the next few years.

Now let's look at how Roth can contribute right away. Obviously, he is the evtentual replacement for certainly Carter and possibly Taylor. Right away, he's a rotational guy that can be worked in. He can play outside with JT with Carter moving inside to tackle on passing downs. In the 3-4, he can shift back and be a perfect outside linebacker fit.

Roth is a beast. We will love him by the end of this season. Right now, Saban is just taking studs and building a team of tough guys. Next year's draft I bet will focus much more on filling specific holes. Right now, Nick wants his type of players- intense, tough, with attitude, which this team needs. I saw a lot of Iowa games last year and coveted Matt Roth quite often.I'm no talent evaluator, but I know a wrecking ball when I see one.

PhinfanBo1 said:
Someone said we REACHED for this player, when we had other needs? It is the exact OPPOSITE. We didn't REACH for a need, but instead took the best player available-a guy looked at as a late first, early 2nd round talent.

Someone else compared this move to the selection of Eddie Moore? How can a guy who was considered one of the best DE's in the country, one of the most intense players in the country and a top 35 pick be even mentioned in the same sentence as a player with a 4th-5th round grade who was oft-injured in college and was a MAJOR reach? RIDICULIOUS.

We had other needs, yes. And this is a surprising choice, yes. But Math Roth can flat out play. He is a strong player who can consistently rush the passer, play solid against the run, and absolutely BRING IT on every play. I could see Roth becomingnot just a starter but a pro-bowler in the next few years.

Now let's look at how Roth can contribute right away. Obviously, he is the evtentual replacement for certainly Carter and possibly Taylor. Right away, he's a rotational guy that can be worked in. He can play outside with JT with Carter moving inside to tackle on passing downs. In the 3-4, he can shift back and be a perfect outside linebacker fit.

:clap:

Roth is a great value pick... he is a high motor and intense player. Think Dan Cody without the depression.

Everybody wants us to be built like the Patriots, wants to compare us to the Patriots...and when we make a Patriot type pick, pick a Patriot type warrior for our defense they b*tch. I'll agree, some of you guys worry me.

I think people (initially, myself included) were shocked, and thus disapppointed by Roth. Doesnt mean Roth was a bad selection, just a surprising one.

I agree, but you also have to admit Khalif Barnes would have also been a great pick for us as well. I'm happy either way. Roth is a tremendous athelete and I hope to see him starting opposite of JT. But I was just wondering, could it be a possibility Saban passed on Barnes because he plans on targeting Ben Wilkerson in the 3rd or 4th (and figured not to focus our early picks on the needs of our Offensive line?) Just a thought...

PhinfanBo1 said:

:yeahthat:

Tell you the truth, this is already better then last year's draft. I can't wait till our 3rd round pick and our 3 picks tomorrow. :D

it might be off topic but is anyone else noticing Saban is taking players from teams that beat LSU??

Just noticed it, tought it was interesting.....

Back
Top Bottom