Some PFF Grades | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some PFF Grades

Thanks for the ratings @Kingdom Come …. and thanks for slipping them $20 to include our players @circumstances .

Very glad to see Deiter ranked so highly.

Davis, considering almost no time to prep for the hardest position on the line and opposite side, acquitted himself quite well. Nice to see Kilgore also looking serviceable.

We know we're exposing new and under-prepared parts like Davenport and Isadora, soon to be joined by Boehm. When the rookie and last-minute-LT are your veteran anchors … that speaks volumes. It will get better.

Given how little prep time McMillan had, that is good, but make no mistake about it … our LB's were atrocious.

I'm sure another bad grade isn't going to derail the Baker hype-train, but he really has a long way to go before he becomes an acceptable run defender. You can't always make sacks and big plays, but fundamentally sound run defense and knowing your assignment is required as a LB in this system. It's a new defense, and it'll take a while to learn … but Baker needs to put in the work learning the playbook and practicing run defense. I keep waiting for him to start improving in that area, and that's something we need to watch closely this season. Hopefully, it will be one of the shining examples of progress we expect to see from this season. Eguavoen (sp?) had some flashes, and gets a bit of a pass because he's so new to everything … but he also needs to work on learning his run fits.

Boehm was a very good center for the Colts last year. Kelly got injured and he ended up playing several games. Boehm actually graded out better than Kelly and was one of the better performing centers in the NFL last year. Dolphins might just have there 2020 starting center already on the roster.

Boehm was a very good center for the Colts last year. Kelly got injured and he ended up playing several games. Boehm actually graded out better than Kelly and was one of the better performing centers in the NFL last year. Dolphins might just have there 2020 starting center already on the roster.
I'm hearing that this was their thoughts as well. Center is harder to slot into than Guard because you're supposed to organize the OL and have constantly shifting help assignments in pass pro. So, I doubt we see Boehm for a few weeks, but after the bye week 5, he might just come in at center. My guess would be that Kilgore remains at center and Boehm challenges at RG, in competition with Reed and Isadora. But as you say, Boehm may be destined for center in 2020.

This isnt me being over reactive but after the first drive the Ravens offense basically became find the CBs not named X and just throw deep

I did not need to watch the game to know the most significant problem for the team. Any time the opponents put up 59 points, the safeties had a horrible game. There was no way we were going to win this game. The 59 points are on the coaching staff for starting Bobby McCain as a free safety. McCain and Minkah own the second most significant portion of the blame.

I did not need to watch the game to know the most significant problem for the team. Any time the opponents put up 59 points, the safeties had a horrible game. There was no way we were going to win this game. The 59 points are on the coaching staff for starting Bobby McCain as a free safety. McCain and Minkah own the second most significant portion of the blame.

Nope, not McCain. Minkah and Eric Rowe, and when Wiltz was in it was a disaster. Wiltz should be cut and they definitely need to STOP!!! moving Minkah around and just leave him at Nickel.

Honestly I think Minkah should be the other corner instead of Rowe

So all the players our GM drafted suck......but at least we have a lot of draft picks next year to use on sucky players too

Nope, not McCain. Minkah and Eric Rowe, and when Wiltz was in it was a disaster. Wiltz should be cut and they definitely need to STOP!!! moving Minkah around and just leave him at Nickel.

They certainly all share the blame, but the free safety was missing continuously. When your free safety is not the deepest player on a pass play regardless of if there was a play fake, then that free safety made an unforgivable mistake. There is a reason why announcers always mention linebackers biting on the play fake. There is some justification for a linebacker to be fooled. There is never a reason for Bobby McCain to bite on the play fake. I have never seen a free safety play that poorly including watching high school football. That was really, really, really poor play.

Back
Top Bottom