Some PFF Grades | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some PFF Grades

Kingdom Come

Active Roster
Reaction score
Not many surprises.

The good news first. Michael Deiter ranked 16th with a grade of 69.1 !!!!! Awesome for a rookie on a dysfunctional line.

Johathan Jenkins .......killed it!!! with an 83.9 ranking 6th among interior defenders in 47 snaps. Davon Godchaux at 78.9 for a rank of 15 th. Christian Wilkins is a rookie but 79th was not what we hoped for. Yuck!

Ryan Fitzpatrick had a grade of 64.2 and ranked 16th. Just think if actually had an OL, even just a half decent one. Rosen, 32.9 in non-qualifying snaps. Had he started and played along those lines he would have ranked dead last.

Kalen Ballage ranked 15th tied with Gurley. Drake ranked 36th with a 60.9.

Gesicki ranked 29th with a 59. O'Leary 36th.

Devante Parker!! Ranked 16th with a 75.5 Albert Wilson only had 6 snaps, not enough for a rank, but his 72.9 would have been 19th. Grant ranked 63 with a 57.8. Hurns was and is bad. Preston Williams just under the qualifying @ of snaps with 21 had a grade of 81.4 which would have 8th had he had a few more snaps.

Reshad Jones ranked 15th with a 70.6. McCain with a 58.9 ranked 41st. Better than I thought.

X graded out as usual and ranked 26th. He finished last year around 20th. Eric Rowe was near last, we knew that one.

Jesse Davis ranked 50th, which IMO, considering the circumstances is dern good. He actually graded out higher than a few highly paid stars like Jake Matthews,Taylor Decker,Rob Havenstein.

Kilgore had a 53 grade good for 21 out 28. For Kilgore that is quite good. When starting, he is a career bottom dweller.

Of Course Isiadora and Davenport ranked either rock bottom or right next to it.

Minkah had a near record breaking performance with a grade of 27.3, 2nd from last.

Raekwon McMillan actually had a real good day ranking 17th. Wow! Baker ranked 52nd.

Jonathan Ledbetter ranked 21st among edge defenders. Wow! I didn't see that. Apparently he all the little things right.

Harris was in the 50's and Moss was bad,of course, he just got here. James Crawford had a grade slightly above Harris in very limited snaps.

Fans, this was much,much better than I imagined. It appears that we indeed DO have a base of talent to work with.

I thought Jenkins played really well, though it seems he was pushing on the backup Guard vs Wilkins against Yanda and Brown most of the game. Wilkins needs time, he's not the athlete that Aaron Donald is, so he will likely never be a sack machine. DT is all about clogging lanes and pushing back OL to collapse pockets

I thought PFF only graded NFL players, not the amateurs Miami had vs Baltimore.

I actually think the PFF ratings are even more important in games like this where there is a lot of garbage happening since some players were far better than the stats indicated. Ballage, for example, had negative yardage AFAIK because he had two different carries where play design had him get hit 7-8 yards behind the LOS. He actually did well getting yardage on his carries.

no, there absolutely is not a "base of talent to work with"
Sorry, but you are just flat out wrong. There is a base of talent on this roster, but we are also starting players at key positions who aren't just bad, they don't even belong in the NFL on any team, some, not even on a practice squad. In the NFL, that will kill your chance of winning.

Thanks for the ratings @Kingdom Come …. and thanks for slipping them $20 to include our players @circumstances .

Very glad to see Deiter ranked so highly.

Davis, considering almost no time to prep for the hardest position on the line and opposite side, acquitted himself quite well. Nice to see Kilgore also looking serviceable.

We know we're exposing new and under-prepared parts like Davenport and Isadora, soon to be joined by Boehm. When the rookie and last-minute-LT are your veteran anchors … that speaks volumes. It will get better.

Given how little prep time McMillan had, that is good, but make no mistake about it … our LB's were atrocious.

I'm sure another bad grade isn't going to derail the Baker hype-train, but he really has a long way to go before he becomes an acceptable run defender. You can't always make sacks and big plays, but fundamentally sound run defense and knowing your assignment is required as a LB in this system. It's a new defense, and it'll take a while to learn … but Baker needs to put in the work learning the playbook and practicing run defense. I keep waiting for him to start improving in that area, and that's something we need to watch closely this season. Hopefully, it will be one of the shining examples of progress we expect to see from this season. Eguavoen (sp?) had some flashes, and gets a bit of a pass because he's so new to everything … but he also needs to work on learning his run fits.

Back
Top Bottom