Some pre-draft workout news. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some pre-draft workout news.

fishypete

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Jets | Rolle Declines Pre-draft Visit
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 00:24:52 -0700

The New York Daily News reports NFL Draft prospect CB Antrel Rolle (Miami, Fla.) declined a pre-draft individual work out with the New York Jets.

Don't know if I can remember a player refusing to workout for a team before.

Patriots | LeFors to Have Pre-draft Visit
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 00:33:47 -0700

NFL Draft prospect QB Stefan LeFors (Louisville) has a pre-draft workout scheduled with the New England Patriots April 7.

Hmmm....The Dolphins and Pats bring LeFors in for a private workout....are the bells ringing yet? Like I said....the best little QB in the draft.

fishypete said:
Jets | Rolle Declines Pre-draft Visit
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 00:24:52 -0700

The New York Daily News reports NFL Draft prospect CB Antrel Rolle (Miami, Fla.) declined a pre-draft individual work out with the New York Jets.

Don't know if I can remember a player refusing to workout for a team before.

Patriots | LeFors to Have Pre-draft Visit
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 00:33:47 -0700

NFL Draft prospect QB Stefan LeFors (Louisville) has a pre-draft workout scheduled with the New England Patriots April 7.

Hmmm....The Dolphins and Pats bring LeFors in for a private workout....are the bells ringing yet? Like I said....the best little QB in the draft.

you got any physical specs on him? height etc..

i hope we dont draft LeFors... he was a good college QB and he did well against the 'Canes but he won't amount to much in the NFL.

Pass.

finsnchips said:
i hope we dont draft LeFors... he was a good college QB and he did well against the 'Canes but he won't amount to much in the NFL.

Pass.

Your opinion....obviously not the Dolphins, Pats, Green Bay's or Seattle's.

the only reason he didn't accept the jets workout was because the jets pick later than rolle thinks he will get drafted. If you look at the teas he is working out for you'll see that they're all inside the top #15 from memory. still booooooooooooo jets!!!

fishypete said:
Your opinion....obviously not the Dolphins, Pats, Green Bay's or Seattle's.
it is my opinion.

I'm sure we have an interest in LeFors, but it doesn't mean we are going to draft him.

dolfancoolio said:
the only reason he didn't accept the jets workout was because the jets pick later than rolle thinks he will get drafted. If you look at the teas he is working out for you'll see that they're all inside the top #15 from memory. still booooooooooooo jets!!!

Your probably right....but him thinking that could cost him....player rise and drop in the draft....and I've seen good players taken late before.

finsnchips said:
it is my opinion.

I'm sure we have an interest in LeFors, but it doesn't mean we are going to draft him.

Nor does it mean we wouldn't. The fact that the Pats are also bringing him in...say's alot....if your willing to listen.

HelloMotto said:
you got any physical specs on him? height etc..
6 foot, 204lbs, 4.6 40, I'd probably compare him to Jeff Garcia - Decent mobility and accuracy not a great deep ball though, probably better suited to a west coast offense

fishypete said:
Nor does it mean we wouldn't. The fact that the Pats are also bringing him in...say's alot....if your willing to listen.
i hear what you are saying... Saban and Belichick... along with Holmgren who is great at developing QBs and the Packers who need a future replacement for Favre are bringing him in.

I aint gna argue with those guys, but I do not see him amounting to much in the NFL. JMO. If we draft a QB I want it to be on day one - Smith, Campbell, Orton, McPherson or Greene.

finsnchips said:
i hear what you are saying... Saban and Belichick... along with Holmgren who is great at developing QBs and the Packers who need a future replacement for Favre are bringing him in.

I aint gna argue with those guys, but I do not see him amounting to much in the NFL. JMO. If we draft a QB I want it to be on day one - Smith, Campbell, Orton, McPherson or Greene.

Remember....most winning QB's aren't drafted high....guy's like Brady...and the rest that have won superbowls....slip thru the cracks....most take a few years to develop.

@@@@@ said:
6 foot, 204lbs, 4.6 40, I'd probably compare him to Jeff Garcia - Decent mobility and accuracy not a great deep ball though, probably better suited to a west coast offense

That deep ball stuff is for the birds....most pass plays are 20 yards and less...and many long completions are started by short accurate throws that gives the receiver a chance to run afterwards. Give me a accurate thrower that can hit the target anyday.

Back
Top Bottom