Some Random Thoughts And Observations From Game 1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Random Thoughts And Observations From Game 1

so yeah i share the same sentiments.. Preston is pretty good. He stood out to me. For this game I was just looking for a difference with the LOOK of the team and the OPERATIONS. I am please. Not too many penalties for first preseason game. I think we will be ok. :) OLINE still questionable.

OL will be a major problem, but Rosen has some good pocket presence.

Preston Williams looks like everything we wished Devante Parker would be. Will be interesting how Preston's performance will impact Parker's playing time and status on the team.

id pump the brakes on the comparison for now though. Devante had his moments, which is why he is still here. I like preston alot tho, he is probably more hungry at this point. They are almost the same type of player. I'm rooting for both.

I would be patient with the OL. OL and secondaries need time and sorting out, THEN if they suck, push the panic button

While y'all talk about offense, the defense was the most concerning. Woof. Second team offense from the Falcons chopped them up. 172 yards in the half from Matt Schaloob? We can talk all we want about scheme but they are outmanned badly.

While y'all talk about offense, the defense was the most concerning. Woof. Second team offense from the Falcons chopped them up. 172 yards in the half from Matt Schaloob?
They started with a #2 offense...

We did cover the spread though. That's good. It sends Dan Quinn's record ATS in the preseason to like 4-98 haha

Mark Walton, Patrick Laird, Myles Gaskin all had some moments. They can all probably play in the league.

- I saw Jonathan Ledbetter set the edge in the run game multiple times. Not flashy but good football plays.
-Nik Needham #40 has been terrible, bad coverage, penalties, just looks lost out there.
-Minkah Fitzpatrick was surprisingly bad at tackling which was actually a strength last year. Probably a fluke but still multiple missed tackles is noteworthy.
-Obviously Preston Williams stood out
- Chandler Cox nice block on TD Run
- Rosen and Fitzpatrick both avoided some plays that looked like Sacks and made plays or got rid of the ball.
- Charles Harris running down Kenjan Barner on the screen play 30+ yards down the field basically out running DBs to track him down, showed flashes of the athleticism he can bring.

Feel free to add in noteworthy plays or players that stood out to you guys!
On the tackling issue:
You have to understand that this is the first time the players get to tackle. There is no tackling in TC. Atlanta played its second pre-season game. Naturally they are a little further ahead of the curve.
I would be concerned about tackling by pre-season game 3 or even the first regular season game.

While y'all talk about offense, the defense was the most concerning. Woof. Second team offense from the Falcons chopped them up. 172 yards in the half from Matt Schaloob? We can talk all we want about scheme but they are outmanned badly.

Defense sucks and very likely they will struggle a bit this year. Still, its sucks to judge an entire defensive unit in preseason since just one guy being out of position or committing a stupid penalty can easily ruin an entire play. And that one guy is almost guaranteed to happen on units that lack cohesion and are filled with players who won't see an NFL game field again after this preseason.

Mark Walton, Patrick Laird, Myles Gaskin all had some moments. They can all probably play in the league.

All three might be able to play in the NFL, but I also think there should be backs on the market at the end of training camp that might be better than all three.

Back
Top Bottom