Some Season Ending Thoughts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Season Ending Thoughts

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here's some observations going in to the off-season:

1. Cleo Lemon could be a decent QB, but is not a difference maker at the position. He does a number of things well and nothing great. Joey Harrington should not be back. The depth chart should be Pep/Lemon/Draft Pick.

2. Ronnie Brown is better than the media thinks, but what is clear is he is much better when rested. His last couple of games (after the injury) were far better than the few before. He needs someone to share carries.

3. The offensive line is still the weak spot on this team, but the players have clearly improved. Shelton was much better at guard and once again we go into the off-season looking for a LT.

4. Randy Mac is the most overrated player on the offense. If he was as good as he thinks he is he would be great. But, he drops too many balls.

5. Chris Chambers does not get enough separation to be a number 1 receiver. He can make a spectacular play and almost did last game, but he cannot consistently threaten the field. Taking a top WR in the draft would be an interesting move and free up Chambers to play the slot.

6. The Dolphins still need a safety. Anyone that calls Jason Allen a bust is jumping the gun, but the secondary has been shoddy and much of the safety play has been poor.

7. Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor had their best seasons, maybe in their careers. Watching Zach shoot the gap and Taylor spin by a LT almost made this season worth watching. Let's hope they both come back healthy.

I agree with most but IMO i believe that our DBs is our weakest part on our team our O-Line has improved a notch.

I agree pretty muc with all of it, good post. If our OL has improved any it might have gone from 32nd to 31st in the league, if we fail to address the OL this off season, it's going to be a long year next season, again.

I think we can attribute Ronnie Browns better play to being more healthy. He had that lingering groin pull. The time he needed to heal his finger also was enough time to heal his groin. Ex... his cutbacks were reallygood wheas with the groin pull they were almost non-existent.

I think we can attribute Ronnie Browns better play to being more healthy. He had that lingering groin pull. The time he needed to heal his finger also was enough time to heal his groin. Ex... his cutbacks were reallygood wheas with the groin pull they were almost non-existent.

I think that's a fair observation. He certainly looked like a different guy.

Back
Top Bottom