Some snippets on Jordan Howard, Gary Jennings, Albert Wilson and others | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some snippets on Jordan Howard, Gary Jennings, Albert Wilson and others

That sixth receiver spot should be interesting. Top four seems set with Parker, Williams, Wilson and probably Grant. I think Ford, Jennings and Merritt battle for the final two spots.

I'd love to know the traits Flo wants in the 5th/6th WR (sans ST). Speed? Hands? Precise routes? Will he value KR/PR and replace Grant? This will be a very interesting camp for WRs.

Right.. I'm glad we have a lot of players training and getting in work outs, but this guy is just hyping them up... seems like a puff piece. I know its the offseason so what else we gonna talk about, but still idk
Oh, it's definitely a puff piece. A lot of self-promotion layered in there.

I'm still thinking that Grant is the one most likely to be released. He's a one trick pony on offense... go deep.
If any of the rookies look good in the return game, I think Grant is a goner.

I like Jennings and I hope Ford makes it. Ford is a gamer. Precise routes and very smart. If Ford got the snaps, I think he could get 70 catches, no joke. People see the skinny body and he’s hardly super explosive. But you know what, 3rd and 8 in the 4th quarter, he’s the type of guy who is going to make a play and move the sticks. That winner gene is hard to find in a world where receivers are a dime a dozen. I’d keep Ford. If we don’t and he gets a shot elsewhere, I bet he’s productive.

Back to Jennings, roster spots at the position are at a premium in Miami because there’s an insane number of qualified candidates . I don’t know if we can hide Jennings on the taxi squad for another year.

I hope Bommarito has an optometrist on his staff. Ballage could use some real help with his vision.

I don't see Grant going anywhere. He still is the fastest player on the team and he certainly can take the top off of defenses. I think he'll be a 4th option but he'll make explosive plays for us. He does well in tandem with Wilson on gadget plays. Gase had Wilson and Grant doing very well. It's the best thing Gase did as Dolphin coach, design a cool package for his burners. I can't stand Gase but I have to give him credit for some trick play design that was really cool. I say he can still do KO returns and give you a couple of scores per year.

I think it's Parker, Hurns and Wilson to start if I had to guess and they bring Williams back slowly, how Malcom Perry fits in with this is he a receiver or a running back and dose he show enough promise to keep himself off the practice squad because you know New England is ready to pounce, how everything else plays out I don't have any idea.

I don't see Grant going anywhere. He still is the fastest player on the team and he certainly can take the top off of defenses. I think he'll be a 4th option but he'll make explosive plays for us. He does well in tandem with Wilson on gadget plays. Gase had Wilson and Grant doing very well. It's the best thing Gase did as Dolphin coach, design a cool package for his burners. I can't stand Gase but I have to give him credit for some trick play design that was really cool. I say he can still do KO returns and give you a couple of scores per year.
No doubt Grant is fast. Didn't we add some pretty fast guys on the team this year? I am interested to see who takes the crown.

it's cool to hear Jennings being praised for his route running because that was probably his biggest area for improvement coming out of WVU.

While I agree with what you say, no player has to be "fastest" - just fast enough to make the D plan for him and faster than the DBs.

Its great to hear that players are putting in the effort to be ready for when camps can open.

As much as its fluff these guys will expect results and it seems that this guy has been in business for a long time and been successful or he wouldn't have the names. And yes I noticed he had no fluff to talk about Ballage.

Oh, it's definitely a puff piece. A lot of self-promotion layered in there.

100%. These guys lose so much credibility though when they quote times that can be cross-checked, like calling Jennings a 4.3 guy when he's 4.42 and the 4.5 for Ogbah.

Just give it straight. Hype up the workout itself if you want but stop with the fluff numbers. It's a bad look for any trainer.

Fluff or not aside, I am really curious to see what Jennings can do. Likely more of a chance he sticks than any of the UDFAs

sounds like a solid receiver to develop

Last edited:
I'd love to know the traits Flo wants in the 5th/6th WR (sans ST). Speed? Hands? Precise routes? Will he value KR/PR and replace Grant? This will be a very interesting camp for WRs.

Well with Parker and Williams your getting a very good speed/power type receivers, and Wilson showed he still had that great speed by the end of the year. So of the three starting receivers (If and when Williams comes back), they have good enough receivers to use in the short, intermediate, and deep game.

Ford is starting to show himself to be a reliable possession receiver, Hurns brings the experience (But if he starts like he did last year...Bye Bye), and Grant the world class speed....Everyone else just hoping to having a great camp, and to impress enough to over take #4, 5 and if need be 6.

Grant is on a very short rope (only his contract and speacial teams work are keeping him this long), if he continues to drop passes (At his height/size, he should not be dropping any), and Perry proves to be a reliable return man...Grant could be at the end of that rope.

Back
Top Bottom