Some snippets on Jordan Howard, Gary Jennings, Albert Wilson and others | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some snippets on Jordan Howard, Gary Jennings, Albert Wilson and others

Well with Parker and Williams your getting a very good speed/power type receivers, and Wilson showed he still had that great speed by the end of the year. So of the three starting receivers (If and when Williams comes back), they have good enough receivers to use in the short, intermediate, and deep game.

Ford is starting to show himself to be a reliable possession receiver, Hurns brings the experience (But if he starts like he did last year...Bye Bye), and Grant the world class speed....Everyone else just hoping to having a great camp, and to impress enough to over take #4, 5 and if need be 6.

Grant is on a very short rope (only his contract and speacial teams work are keeping him this long), if he continues to drop passes (At his height/size, he should not be dropping any), and Perry proves to be a reliable return man...Grant could be at the end of that rope.

Agree, but I suspect Flo will want a sure-hands guy, a precise route-runner, and, likely an ST guy (gunner?) And, likely, a 2nd slot and 2nd speed guy. Probably more traits I haven't named. with DVP, PW, and Gesicki on the field, I can't see another big power WR.

Agree, but I suspect Flo will want a sure-hands guy, a precise route-runner, and, likely an ST guy (gunner?) And, likely, a 2nd slot and 2nd speed guy. Probably more traits I haven't named. with DVP, PW, and Gesicki on the field, I can't see another big power WR.
Meh.....

Sure hands/precise routes kind of eliminates Grant, does it not?

I think if Jennings, or any of the UDFAs look to have a high ceiling, they may get the nod, assuming they know the playbook backwards and frontwards.

Meh.....

Sure hands/precise routes kind of eliminates Grant, does it not?

I think if Jennings, or any of the UDFAs look to have a high ceiling, they may get the nod, assuming they know the playbook backwards and frontwards.

Can't disagree. Again, I have no idea what Flo wants to emphasize in WRs. That said, with the system fans expect, I can see QBs throwing to spots. WRs HAVE to run the route. And it's not uncommon bubbles make the team through ST.

Agree on Grant. A speed guy who can return kicks AND punts has a chance. And agree on Jennings.If he can play to his tape, I'm encouraged.

Well with Parker and Williams your getting a very good speed/power type receivers, and Wilson showed he still had that great speed by the end of the year. So of the three starting receivers (If and when Williams comes back), they have good enough receivers to use in the short, intermediate, and deep game.

Ford is starting to show himself to be a reliable possession receiver, Hurns brings the experience (But if he starts like he did last year...Bye Bye), and Grant the world class speed....Everyone else just hoping to having a great camp, and to impress enough to over take #4, 5 and if need be 6.

Grant is on a very short rope (only his contract and speacial teams work are keeping him this long), if he continues to drop passes (At his height/size, he should not be dropping any), and Perry proves to be a reliable return man...Grant could be at the end of that rope.
Grant dropped 1 pass

I don’t know the numbers on his muffs I do know that he got much better after his first year where he had 3, don’t remember many over the past two years do you?

A totally, no, but I do remember he was relieved of PR duties

It's good that there is a private trainer in the close area who understands and focuses on what the coaching staff wants these guys to learn/practice. I'm sure the Dolphins are receptive to that and sending players his way. This is the closest thing to getting a player to practice his craft under supervised situations with coaching that can be done given the strictures of today's CBA. Good there are guys like this to facilitate the Dolphins. Goodness knows these rookies are going to need someone like this, and last month we saw the article of a similar player working with several of our rookie/young OL (Jackson, Hunt, Deiter, etc.). Call it voluntary if you like, but these guys need to improve their technique and hone their craft. Good on them for committing to this necessary developmental step.

For the veterans, kudos to them to retain the fire needed to sharpen that edge.

Grant dropped 1 pass

He was not targeted as much as the others, also on punt returns he did not consistantly handle them as cleanly as you hope.

I am really not against Grant, love his speed, and think with someone as precise as Tua, Grant could be a scary weapon.

Still because of his height and size, Grant will need to show huge consistency catching the ball...JMO

Bommaritos, is that Sub Sandwich place on Don Shula Dr???? :p It would be a great name for a sandwich shop..

I have seen countless clips of Grant working his ass off this offseason. I don't *think* he gets cut...but there are a lot of interesting weapons or the Fins now.

Parker
Williams
Wilson

I think are locks to make the roster. I don't think the Fins would have restructured/resigned Wilson if they were thinking about cutting him.

After that?

Grant
Hurns
Ford

are PROBABLY next.

That's SIX. I mean...thats before you consider Matt Cole and Malcolm Perry. Do they keep Perry as a RB? Returner? Does Cole stick? What about Jennings? Does Mack Hollins have anything after an injury-riddled Eagles tenure?

I have seen countless clips of Grant working his *** off this offseason. I don't *think* he gets cut...but there are a lot of interesting weapons or the Fins now.

Parker
Williams
Wilson

I think are locks to make the roster. I don't think the Fins would have restructured/resigned Wilson if they were thinking about cutting him.

After that?

Grant
Hurns
Ford

are PROBABLY next.

That's SIX. I mean...thats before you consider Matt Cole and Malcolm Perry. Do they keep Perry as a RB? Returner? Does Cole stick? What about Jennings? Does Mack Hollins have anything after an injury-riddled Eagles tenure?

And don't forget about Merrit and Ricardo Louis. Louis was hurt all of last season, but the coaching staff likes his size, speed and ability to play special teams too. I don't think Louis or Hollins have much of a chance in Miami, but they could end up on an NFL roster. Louis drops too many passes in my opinion and he's reaching an age where he nneds a better NFL resume than he currently has to beat out younger project type of receivers.

Last edited:
And don't forget about Merrit and Ricardo Louis. Louis was hurt all of last season, but the coaching staff likes his size, speed and ability to play special teams too. I don't think Louis or Hollins have much of a chance in Miami, but they could end up on an NFL roster.

Yep. I totally forgot about Merrit and Louis.

This isn't an awful problem to have.

I keep jennings over hurns and ford at this point. I've seen enough of hurns. Ford shows promise but I'm more intrigued with Jennings.

I keep jennings over hurns and ford at this point. I've seen enough of hurns. Ford shows promise but I'm more intrigued with Jennings.

We saw Hurns play in a season where he wasn't 100% while returning from a very serious injury the year before. I've read he's healthy and back to his Jacksonville form.

Back
Top Bottom