Some Sports Buzz | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Sports Buzz

Sorry bud but Fitzpatrick is going to be starting day 1 on opening day... Maybe not the entire season but at least that much is evident.

Can someone please trade Devante Parker to the Giants or Bengals already? I will be pissed if we stash Preston Williams in the practice squad because of this guy... He will get vultured no doubt and end up being a better pro than Parker.

I agree with both statements.

I want to trade a WR as well. It just appears the Giants and Bengals might be in the running for top 5 picks as well so from their prospective, what's the point?

I agree with both statements.

I want to trade a WR as well. It just appears the Giants and Bengals might be in the running for top 5 picks as well so from their prospective, what's the point?

Good points on likely top 5 picks for both of them. Although I would think New York considers itself to already have its qb therefore they may be more hungry to get him some skill players

Sorry bud but Fitzpatrick is going to be starting day 1 on opening day... Maybe not the entire season but at least that much is evident.

Can someone please trade Devante Parker to the Giants or Bengals already? I will be pissed if we stash Preston Williams in the practice squad because of this guy... He will get vultured no doubt and end up being a better pro than Parker.

I don't think it's evident that Fitzpatrick is starting week 1. I would bet Rosen starts the week 3 preseason dress rehearsal with the information coming out.

I'm not even sure that guard will be Deiter's best position. I would like to see him get lots more work as a center.

Who do you think will be the starting QB?

I have heard from Omar Kelly that Rosen was looking like Chad Henne and barely got around to be Tannehill esque.

Not surprised to hear the comments from the oline coach about Deiter. I simply didn't understand the pick that early. Grier was obviously a lot more optimistic about him than I was.

I even referred to both Wisconsin guards as trash in my draft thread leading up to the draft - before I knew anything about Miami having their sights set on him. Oops.

Project isnt necessarily bad. It's not where you start but where you finish
"Project" was not what they said. I love how some ppl read things into a comment.

He's a third rd pick. He has third round shortcomings. Are the "shortcomings" something good coaching can correct? That remains to be seen, but he's hardly what one typically calls a project.

It would be awesome if he came in as a day one starter, but it's not the end of his career, or a reason to prematurely hang the "bust" label on him.

Who do you think will be the starting QB?

I have heard from Omar Kelly that Rosen was looking like Chad Henne and barely got around to be Tannehill esque.
Used toilet paper has the exact same value as Omars opinion.

Ballage might be a target for me late....like last round late...in my fantasy draft.

With Gore gone the carries are going to have to go somewhere....and I get the sense Drake's workload isn't going to increase much if at all.

Very early obviously, but good to hear Ballage is emerging. I think he will essentially share carries with Drake when all is said and done.

Not reading too much into the quarterback battle for now. I wouldn't be surprised if Fitzpatrick starts a few games. Nothing wrong with that, as long as you have enough games to clearly evaluate Rosen. I think the staff will put him in a good spot. In other words, a lot could depend on how the offensive line plays coming out of training camp.

Disappointed to hear that Deiter is a long way away. I figured he'd be an instant starter on a line that needs that badly. Maybe he still will be and this is a coach lighting a fire, but Deiter doesn't seem like someone who needs that either. We'll see.

Unfortunately and as much as I would love this scenario... We cannot keep Parker, Butler, Preston Williams and Hurns.. Difficult decisions but I think Parker may have playes his last game as a DOLPHINS. Preston Williams and Brice Butler are better fits in this system.

Unfortunately and as much as I would love this scenario... We cannot keep Parker, Butler, Preston Williams and Hurns.. Difficult decisions but I think Parker may have playes his last game as a DOLPHINS. Preston Williams and Brice Butler are better fits in this system.
What is your reasoning behind Butler being a better "fit"?

I'm not very confident in Parker all of the sudden becoming "the guy", but Butler?

The Coach was saying that Dieter's technique needs to be better and more consistent. That's something that can and will be coached. He's a rookie, rarely do they show up without some things that need improvement.

Back
Top Bottom