Some Things Never Change!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Things Never Change!!!!

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
In a big spot the defense falls apart!!

I know, I know.......they have been great all year and we only scored 10 pts tonight. But for crying out loud. Ball on the 20, 2:00 to play and we give up a 64 yard play to pretty much hand them the game. A "BIG" defense gets that game to overtime!!!

I wouldn't blame Saban for leaving, this team is a mess!!!

Well I fail to see how a team who is top 3 in the NFL in defense isnt "Big".

Maybe the Offense could have actually been functional and helped us out by scoring more than 10 points? Or maybe our backup players like Lehan should have made that easy INT.

Lots of should have or could haves, but the plain fact is that our offense is what kept this team from moving forward, not the stout veteran defense.

What never changes is that you just saw ANOTHER 3 point loss to the Jets. We're always in these games, we just can't close them out.

that is what happens with no playmakers on offense, god does pennington stink or what, it is sad to lose to a guy my four year old can throw further then, the jets may make the post season but pennington is not thier future

They shouldn't have got the ball back with 2:00. If Saban had a sac, he would have went for the 4th and 1, instead of playing for the tie.

it was a really odd defensive call though. if i remember right, taylor was playing the slot receiver at the top. i dont know where the LBs were on the play. im not sure i can agree with a generalized statement of the fins defense that spans 5+ years when the only guy that seemed to be put in the position to make the play on a quick and shifty runner was back-up D- lineman zgonina

I agree...its the same stuff thats been happening for years. The offense scores late in a game to take the lead...and the defense chokes it up. Some things never change and really need too...

They shouldn't have got the ball back with 2:00. If Saban had a sac, he would have went for the 4th and 1, instead of playing for the tie.

I agree......
The team is going nowhere...you HAVE to go for the win here...grow some balls Nick....a tie??? Why?

We are in some type of groundhog season hell. My friends are amazed how I can predict the bad things to happen to us in a game. It's all so predictable.

2006 groundhog season that is the best way to phrase it it think

I blame the quarterbacking, pass blocking and receivers today. It's hard to watch the receivers down field because of the camera angles, but were the WRs not getting open or was it that the QBs wern't finding them?

Amen, preach it. Totally gutless call. We had nothing to lose and Ronnie was on fire.

Exactly! When you got a coach that continues to be conservative like that, and show no guts whatsoever, what kind of example does he set for his players. Its gutless, and you cant win in this league when you coach with no guts and take no chances. Thats why you see the same teams year after year in the playoffs, teams like NE, Denver, Ind, all good coaches, with a good system in place.

Its the same thing game after game, dropped passes by the offense, and the secondary cant pick of a pass that hits them between the numbers, its unbelievable!!

We are in some type of groundhog season hell. My friends are amazed how I can predict the bad things to happen to us in a game. It's all so predictable.

No kidding, I was SCREAMING for Saban to go for it on 4th and 1, but, you know what? They would have gotten stuffed and lost anyway. The stinking Jets have some kind of freakin curse on the Dolphins, we drop INT's, drop first down catches, give up the PI call, don't get the PI call when Welker gets mugged, and ALWAYS give up the big play at the end. Freaking Dolphins tick me off.

Back
Top Bottom