Some Thoughts After Two Consecutive Blowouts | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Thoughts After Two Consecutive Blowouts

Now you are just being ridiculous. No contract makes those kind of promises, and even if they did, there would be monetary offsets to cover the variable situation.
What promises? I find it hard to believe there is no language other than compensation in any NFL contract. Still, I have never seen one, so it would be interesting to see how they are really structured and what guarantees are offered to players.

i checked it and the tua dad-grier meeting is 100 perecent fake news.
cc your post to mando.

Pretty sure..everybody here knew Grier was credentialed for the Bama/SC game....He met with Galu and Diane (Tua's parents) pass by meeting or dinner..I don't know that..
but they meet.....It's also NOT the first meeting they have had with each other.

Really appreciate it. Thats good news. I have been thinking that in order to do all of this rebuild/tanking that they had to have had some conversation with Tua's camp. Granted the whole thing might not be for Tua but it seems pretty convenient for it to happen when the best QB prospect in nearly a decade is coming out.

I'm a Bama guy..Love Minkah..but if he doesn't want to be here....trade him..just get value.

If we got a first round pick for him I totally agree. But I think as a coach you need to keep your players happy. Cant just send off every young player

Really appreciate it. Thats good news. I have been thinking that in order to do all of this rebuild/tanking that they had to have had some conversation with Tua's camp. Granted the whole thing might not be for Tua but it seems pretty convenient for it to happen when the best QB prospect in nearly a decade is coming out.
I think they're keeping the family in the loop...so Tua's family knows he's not going to a total s*** circus..

What promises? I find it hard to believe there is no language other than compensation in any NFL contract. Still, I have never seen one, so it would be interesting to see how they are really structured and what guarantees are offered to players.
I have never seen an NFL contract either, and while a contract may, and most likely does contain more than monetary remuneration, it is ultimately an agreement between parties that specifies the responsibilities of each of the parties. They are very specific though, and at this level, I have to believe everything is spelled out very very specifically.

Because I would expect him to hash things out with the coaching staff, not go to the media. Heck even his mom is posting. I know players are different than they were 20-30 years ago and I get that, but I thought he was supposed to be a leader, a player who would work hard, see the big picture etc. Plus, I believe he is one of a handful of good, foundation-type players the team has.
I agree with this 100%. He was billed as the cleanest most versatile prospect in the draft. But his personality he's displayed so far in Miami has been nothing of such. He's complained and whined. He could have kept things in house. For christ sake all of the Jersey Shore knows how unhappy he is. And that's even before it got out to the public. I love Minkah and would love nothing more for him to work things out. But it may be too late, although he seemed quite happy after playing FS on Sunday against the Patriots. My question is why complain as much as he did, when after getting drafted he spoke about how his versatility can help Miami?

Back
Top Bottom