Some Thoughts On Rosen | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Thoughts On Rosen

Of course, but nothing is going to force Arizona to give him away. If they're getting bullcrap offers right now, then just wait. No reason to give away talent that should net you more.

Then let them wait. There's not really any incentive for the Dolphins to give up anything of great value for him. And there's a lot for the Cardinals to lose if he decides to become a malignant force in their quarterback room if they keep him.

We're bidding against ourselves here. Silly to do that.

funny thing, you didnt compare the talent each qb had around him in his 1st nfl year.

Could you do that for us?

Top 5 running back. Hall of fame WR. Christian Kirk. Jermaine Gresham. Ricky Seals-Jones.
Better than the fins have currently

I hope the Fins brass realize there are reasons no one wants Rosen:
1- hes not that good of a QB.
2- players and coaches dont like his personality because he is not a competitor and when things went bad at UCLA and Arizona he folded like a wuss.
3- why get him when the top 3 QBs next year are all much better.

But then Arizona realizes that Grier and the brass are stupid- dumber than any in the NFL.

Rosen = A soft Trent Dilfer

Keep him away from Davie please!

Draft defense and Oline and get your stud QB next year…(i.e trade the house to move up and get who you want next year...if it takes (2) #1's to get a franchise guy next year, you do it.)

Can you blame him? Murray is everything that Rosen isn't. At least it only took them 1 year to realize he was a sunk cost.

Isn't it possible that Arizona realized that they had the perfect QB prospect/coach matchup with Kyler Murray and had more to do with that than a guy who struggled in the extremely rare circumstance of having a coach so bad they were fired after one year.

Top 5 running back. Hall of fame WR. Christian Kirk. Jermaine Gresham. Ricky Seals-Jones.
Better than the fins have currently

Funny how we can criticize a rookie QB for not lighting the world on fire while the "top 5 running back" somehow gets a pass for failing to crack 1000 yards or 4 YPC despite playing a 16 game season.

Just read what you're typing. You think Johnson is a top 5 running back and yet he played like a bottom end starter. That's just how inept the coaching staff was last year. Not fair to excuse Johnson while not believing Rosen was impacted as well.

Isn't it possible that Arizona realized that they had the perfect QB prospect/coach matchup with Kyler Murray and had more to do with that than a guy who struggled in the extremely rare circumstance of having a coach so bad they were fired after one year.

I could buy that if Rosen were ever good. Or if he had anyone in his corner saying he was a good QB. He was arguably the worst of the 1st round QBs in a poor QB draft and you conceivably want to give up a day 2 pick for him?

Funny how we can criticize a rookie QB for not lighting the world on fire while the "top 5 running back" somehow gets a pass for failing to crack 1000 yards or 4 YPC despite playing a 16 game season.

Just read what you're typing. You think Johnson is a top 5 running back and yet he played like a bottom end starter. That's just how inept the coaching staff was last year. Not fair to excuse Johnson while not believing Rosen was impacted as well.

Hard to run the ball when they don't respect the QB

I didn't like Rosen last year and this past year confirmed it even more. I'm done making excuses. He had a 66 passer rating. Demand better.Thill never had a passer even close to that and we know thill wasn't the answer.

Or maybe Johnson was bad because he's not the same RB he was before he got hurt? Or because the defense didn't have to worry about Rosen running, or scrambling, throwing accurately on the run (or accurate at all).

I wonder why Mike Glennon didn't look like crap when he played. Both games he replaced Rosen he drastically outplayed him.

I could buy that if Rosen were ever good. Or if he had anyone in his corner saying he was a good QB. He was arguably the worst of the 1st round QBs in a poor QB draft and you conceivably want to give up a day 2 pick for him?

Last year was considered the best QB draft since the Luck draft, maybe even better. Not sure what planet you were on.

Rosen has pocket awareness. He led his team in last two minutes to get one of the 4 wins. RT did not do that in Rookie year. I wanted Lock but Broncos put an end to that. There are no OTs left. Go CB and tighten up DB’s.

Last year was considered the best QB draft since the Luck draft, maybe even better. Not sure what planet you were on.

What planet I'm on? Which QBs were/are so good from that draft? Only 1 QB had a really good year last year. Rosen and Darnold were terrible, Allen was average and could go either way, Jackson was a product of the team around him. If you think that is a QB class worth bragging about then I don't see much point in continuing this discussion.

Hard to run the ball when they don't respect the QB

I didn't like Rosen last year and this past year confirmed it even more. I'm done making excuses. He had a 66 passer rating. Demand better.Thill never had a passer even close to that and we know thill wasn't the answer.

Funny though, Johnson's stats were exactly the same regardless of who was playing QB.

I don't ever care what Tannehill's rating was, he was a QB prospect who had never performed at a level in college and lacked a natural feel for playing the position. His greatest skill was having a rating and accumulating stats that suggested he was far better than he actually was while he struggled to win games at a consistent rate and never had a successful season because he wasn't a natural QB. Even in that terrible offense I saw Rosen make throws that it took Tannehill 5-6 to learn how to make, and even when Tannehill finally learned how to make them, his feel for the game was so bad he was unable to utilize his throwing ability for extended stretches.

Rosen has pocket awareness. He led his team in last two minutes to get one of the 4 wins. RT did not do that in Rookie year. I wanted Lock but Broncos put an end to that. There are no OTs left. Go CB and tighten up DB’s.
i said that early today go get drew. dolphins don't want qb. next yr every team know they need qb. the pressure will be high. if they pick wrong qb they all go get fired.

What planet I'm on? Which QBs were/are so good from that draft? Only 1 QB had a really good year last year. Rosen and Darnold were terrible, Allen was average and could go either way, Jackson was a product of the team around him. If you think that is a QB class worth bragging about then I don't see much point in continuing this discussion.

When rookie QB's play like rookies it says nothing about how they or their draft class were perceived as prospects. They could all end up playing like Jamarcus Russell and it won't change how they were viewed AT THE TIME OF THE DRAFT.

Back
Top Bottom