Some unexpected hurdles Miami Dolphins will face in 2020 offseason rebuild | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some unexpected hurdles Miami Dolphins will face in 2020 offseason rebuild

I doubt neither Grier, nor Flores are going anywhere this off season.

I also doubt it will be Grier's call on what tovdo with the top pick, should we have it, if that makes you feel better. I know if I were the owner, I would make that call.
Ya I get the feeling Ross will pull rank if we land 1st overall. Rumour has it he wanted Lamar Jackson last year but relented and we took a childish cb that wasn’t a scheme fit and is no longer on the team, while Lamar put the shizzle on us in Ross’s very own house. If I was Ross, I’d make the pick, and I bet he’d go for Tua, so all good.

There may be certain guys who don't want to sign with the post tank Dolphins. I'm not worried about it at all. If they are that type of person we probably don't want them. Remember, we are still one of the great franchises in the NFL. We have been living on the reputation for way too long so we better get this right. First step-get Tua Second step-build a smart, tough and talented team around him. Use that FA money WISELY then on to the draft. Next year sounds like fun. We'll be restocked big time.

Unless there is some change in philosophy it looks like the team will continue to pursue mid-level free agents, most of whom are mostly interested in securing a starting gig or a place in the rotation.

That means we go from 2 -14 to 5 - 11. What's next 7 - 9, followed by 7 - 9, followed by 7 - 9?

Once you start losing you get used to it and it's hard to shake. Look at the Browns, preseason Super Bowl contenders.

I say we don't overpay for anyone. Bring in the borderline starters/ solid back ups that will eventually become depth. Front load those contract $$$. Hope for the best in the draft. Then, following the draft, if there are quality guys released, we can look into those to fill a season gap. We may go 5-11. Following season, go into free agency period with some respectability under our belt, QB issue, hopefully, resolved. Then go hard at free agency for some of the bigger names if they see fit.

This is a non-issue, and Mondo is just looking for something to write about.

In FA Miami is going to be able to speak loudest with their $$$. Miami's 1st priority in FA will be to at least get a quality to blue chip player on the O-line, and as Mondo has said, they are not dumb, Miami is going to get built with quality players very quickly with that amount of First, Second, and third rounds picks, Miami will have in 2020 and 2021 alone...add to that a huge salary cap, and [No State Tax] Miami looks like s great place if Miami's offer is in the range of their liking.

The who will be the coaches year to year should also be another non-issue because Flores and his crew are working with a stripped down talent depleted roster, yet each week are getting better. This coaching staff will get at the very least after this year, a 2-3 year window to prove themselves.

Miami is going to be a totally different team, competitively and talent wise next year, and players that want to be part of a possible quick turnatound team will be more then happy to be part of it.

That means we go from 2 -14 to 5 - 11. What's next 7 - 9, followed by 7 - 9, followed by 7 - 9?

Once you start losing you get used to it and it's hard to shake. Look at the Browns, preseason Super Bowl contenders.

I don't think the Brown's current malaise has anything to do with their recent history. The Dolphins have been offseason champions before as well and we've all seen how that worked out. There's never any guarantee that 100 million dollar man is going to be the same player in a different environment. Not that I fault their strategy. The Browns found their franchise QB and decided to spend while he is underpaid. Its a logical approach even if the end results so far have been lacking.

For the Phins I see no reason for them to spend money simply because they have the space. If Tua or someone else is drafted and immediately looks like the franchise cornerstone then by all means spend away in 2021. Before that use free agency to try and uncover young talent that was underutilized in their previous team.

I’m not so sure Miami goes out and blows a lot of money in FA this year. Think it will be more of the same next year, draft picks, sign some good value FA and underachievers

Dphinz, I certainly don't mean in the standings! By a great franchise I mean that the team has achieved greatness and is a very valuable team cash wise. But as stated we have lived off the reputation for way too long and this tank better work. The last time we won a Super Bowl Three's Company had never aired. That a LONG time ago.

Back
Top Bottom