Somebody had to lose todays game / The stadium was empty and quiet | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Somebody had to lose todays game / The stadium was empty and quiet

snake eyes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
First of all watching the game on tv from so cal today the stadium was empty looking and so quiet it was like watching a scrimmage game. That was the worst in the league today. As for the game there is plenty of blame to go around. Tannehill's pick 6, Carpenter, the defense in OT some coaching mistakes icing the kicker maybe acceptable practice but I think it's stupid to ever do it. If you think about it there is more pressure on the kicker the first time he kicks it, you give him a practice kick and he can make adjustments. But the game was a sloppy mess and it was going to go either way maybe even a tie game. We hit the field goal and finhaven is all about how we are 2-1 the New England and the Jets are 1-2. Somebody had to lose and it was us. Frankly both teams look like crap. When you compare the Jets or Dolphins to Houston, Arizona or Even New England and Baltimore they are in a completely different league. Hey I would even be able to accept losses much better If I knew this was rebuilding and next season there was going to be a new general manager to continue that rebuilding process but as long as Ireland is in the office im gonna be sick about every loss because if its just more of the same next season them it's groundhog day all over again after 10 years. Saw some good things and some bad things. I have to say that right now Tannehill is looking like Henne and that isnt a comfort at all.

Yep...They showed the bottom sections only as much as possible and this ugly loss is not going to help fill it during the next home game either. I will say they are at least "in" the games and just need to learn how to win. I predict Philbin will have a product on the field in a few years that will sell the stadium out.

Tannehill = Henne? I think not...Henne played for 3 seasons and got WORSE every year. Lets give the kid a chance because really he should be watching Moore from the sidelines this season unless Moore gets clipped and could not go. Why it has become vogue to throw your rookie to the dogs I dont know.

First of all watching the game on tv from so cal today the stadium was empty looking and so quiet it was like watching a scrimmage game. That was the worst in the league today. As for the game there is plenty of blame to go around. Tannehill's pick 6, Carpenter, the defense in OT some coaching mistakes icing the kicker maybe acceptable practice but I think it's stupid to ever do it. If you think about it there is more pressure on the kicker the first time he kicks it, you give him a practice kick and he can make adjustments. But the game was a sloppy mess and it was going to go either way maybe even a tie game. We hit the field goal and finhaven is all about how we are 2-1 the New England and the Jets are 1-2. Somebody had to lose and it was us. Frankly both teams look like crap. When you compare the Jets or Dolphins to Houston, Arizona or Even New England and Baltimore they are in a completely different league. Hey I would even be able to accept losses much better If I knew this was rebuilding and next season there was going to be a new general manager to continue that rebuilding process but as long as Ireland is in the office im gonna be sick about every loss because if its just more of the same next season them it's groundhog day all over again after 10 years. Saw some good things and some bad things. I have to say that right now Tannehill is looking like Henne and that isnt a comfort at all.
You can't blame the defense. They were bringing the wood all day. Unfortunately they were tired as I don't know what. Tannehill has not hit Henne status yet. Henne would not have gotten the team into field goal range. He would have been 3 and out on the last drive.

I was there, and it definitely wasn't empty. The only rows open were at the very top. And on key 3rd downs and touchdowns it was pretty loud. So you are wrong. Also, if you aren't at the games, don't complain that the stadium is empty.

OK, glad you were there, but did you see the stadium in Denver? What a difference. And with all due respect, some of can't afford to go to the games. Any time you want to spring for the ticket I would be only too happy to go with you.

OK, glad you were there, but did you see the stadium in Denver? What a difference. And with all due respect, some of can't afford to go to the games. Any time you want to spring for the ticket I would be only too happy to go with you.

Grandpa-pa always used to say, "if you cant afford a ticket, you cant afford to complain about attendance."

I didn't know him, but i do consider myself a loyal fan. Should I apologize to you for my financial situation?

no need to apologize. I'm just saying that if your financial situation is bad, you're probably not alone. This could be the main reason for the lack of attendance you see, so why even complain in the first place if you understand the situation (first-hand, even) that many others are probably going through. That is all.

You really don't have $50 you could save for a few weeks to buy the ticket?

Denver has Peyton Manning as their QB with playoff aspirations. How can you compare the two teams? And I'm not saying that if you don't go to the game you aren't a true fan... because I'm a law school student with no $, and I was given the ticket as a gift. All I am saying is that people shouldn't complain that the stadium is empty if they aren't there.

I was at both games, and it's funny to me the power of perception. Last week, because we won, there were threads stating how great the crowd was at the stadium (Reggie, Reggie, Reggie). This week, because we lost, it was empty and dead quiet. I can tell you this week was 20 times louder than last week, all the way till the end. We have not provided a winning product that the stadium will sell out like it used to, but at least for the people that do go, we try our hardest to make it loud. Please stop being an armchair quarterback and judging Miami fans from Southern California.

Actually i was at the game and it was a lot more filled than it has been in a long time. idk how loud it was on tv but where i was sitting it was loud and fans were into it the entire game. It definitely wasn't THAT empty and there were plenty of Jets fans.

You really don't have $50 you could save for a few weeks to buy the ticket?

Spend 50 dollars on watching yet another one of those wonderful "L's" they love to hang on their fans? If you're gonna give away your money like that, at least give it to charity.

I am not trying to argue here, but with gas and parking it would be much closer to twice that amount, I have done it.

jtoomuch... You are saying our stadium should be as full as Denver's, but you are also saying that going to a game is crazy expensive and you understand why people don't go. You are contradicting yourself.

Back
Top Bottom