Somebody wants a Draft Guru badge

Does this member deserve a Draft Guru badge??

  • Yes

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No

    Votes: 18 94.7%

  • Total voters
    19

Muck

Now completely imaginary
Hammered
Joined
Feb 3, 2002
Messages
30,528
Reaction score
6
Location
Elsewhere
Ok, I've got a certain someone who's wanted a Draft Guru badge for a good while now. A few months back, I told him that it's something that is to be earned. That the people who have it have done work for the site and have a long history on the "circuit".

Anyway, he PM'd me tonight asking about it. He asked if I had payed attention to his posts the last few months (unfortunately I don't get to read the boards much anymore) and gave me a mock draft. Says it's all his own work, "no copying".

And with that, I will post his mock draft. Vote in the poll and let me know what you think. By no means does this mean he'll get a badge. But I figured this would be a cool thing to do here in private.
 

Muck

Now completely imaginary
Hammered
Joined
Feb 3, 2002
Messages
30,528
Reaction score
6
Location
Elsewhere
Mock Draft

1. 49ers - Alex Smith, QB, Utah. Stock: Rising. NFL Comparison: Chad Pennington, Jets.
Smith has the most upside out of all the QB's. A tall frame, 6'4". Can add bulk. Very cognicsant and a great leader. Will take time to develop, but 49ers have time. May turn out to be franchise player this team needs.

2. Dolphins - Ronnie Brown, RB, Auburn. Stock: Leveling. NFL Comparison: Deuce McAllister, Saints
New offensive coordinator Scott Linehan loves an extremely fast, versitile back who can catch well and block well for his wide-open offensive system. BINGO. Not to mention he's 230 pounds of muscle to boot, so he can take the wear and tear of the NFL. Will take much of the pressure off of QB A.J. Feeley.

3. Browns - Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan. Stock: Leveling. NFL Comparison: Terrell Owens, Eagles
Many consider Edwards the best overall talent in this draft. Has the physical tools to be absolutely dominating. Cleveland needs a quarterback, but with Smith gone, they go for best player available.

4. Bears - Cedric Benson, RB, Texas. Stock: Falling. NFL Comparison: Edgerrin James, Colts
Benson is the offensive gamebreaker the Bears want. Has great vision and is extremely powerful. Has adequate speed, but also some off-the-field issues, allbeit minor. Some consider him the best pure runner in the draft.

5. Buccaneers - Aaron Rodgers, QB, Cal. Stock: Falling. NFL Comparison: Patrick Ramsey, Redskins
Consensus is the Bucs love Mike Williams or Cadillac Williams, but recent rumors have it the Bucs want a QB very badly, even enough to trade up for one. This draft has Rodgers falling to them. Gruden isn't satisfied with Griese or Simms, two sons of former NFL greats.

6. Titans - Antrel Rolle, CB, Miami. Stock: Rising. NFL Comparison: Chris McAlister, Ravens
Tennessee got burnt worst than toast last year in the passing game. They need a corner badly, and Rolle just might be the best player available anyway when the Titans are on the clock. Rolle is definitely the best corner in the draft with size, speed and athleticism that makes scouts drool. Not to mention he comes from "Defensive Back University."

7. Vikings - Mike Williams, WR, USC. Stock: Rising. NFL Comparison: Plaxico Burress, Giants
The Vikings had the best off-season in the NFL, bar none. They traded Randy Moss for this pick, got defensive help big-time, and they knew all along that wide recievers are deep in this class. With Williams, they get a 6'5" 230 pound monster with great hands who may be just a notch below Randy Moss in terms of big-play ability, especially in the red-zone.

8. Cardinals - Carnell "Cadillac" Williams, RB, Auburn. Stock: Rising. NFL Comparison: Curtis Martin,Jets
Williams has by far the best vision out of all the running backs in this draft. Vision is very important for a back. The reason he doesn't go higher is because of his lack of bulk and durability concerns. However, he is a deceptively strong runner and would fit perfectly in Arizona's system.

9. Redskins - Derrick Johnson, LB, Texas. Stock: Leveling. NFL Comparison: LaVar Arrington,Redskins
The 'Skins defense was great last year, but they've lost a few linebackers in free agency and they aren't exactly pleased with LaVar Arrington's bickering lately. The Skins go for best player available while at the same time get Arrington's clone in case Arrington leaves in a year or two.

10. Lions - Erasmus James, DE, Wisconsin. Stock: Rising. NFL Comparison: John Abraham, Jets
Detroit needs a pass rusher very badly, and James is the best at that in this draft. Plain and simple. Some durability concerns, though.

11. Cowboys - Shawne Merriman,OLB,Maryland. Stock: Leveling. NFL Comparison:peter Boulware,BAL
Dallas will play a lot of 3-4 defense this year, and Merriman is the perfect outside 'backer/defensive end type. He is bulky and athletic, and can get after the quarterback. Cowboys have lacked an outside rusher for a while now, and Merriman fixes that problem.

12. Chargers - Troy Williamson,WR,S. Carolina. Stock: Rising. NFL Comparison: Chad Johnson,Bengals
Williamson is the fastest reciever in the draft. San Diego has lacked a consistent down-field threat forever. Williamson will give Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers a deep target right away.

13. Texans - Adam Jones, CB, W. Virginia. Stock: Falling. NFL Comparison: Philip Buchanon, Raiders
Jones is a compact, fast corner who can stay with fast recievers. Is a bit short, but possesses good leaping ability. Can serve as a kick-returner also. Texans picked a corner last year also, but Aaron Glenn is 33. Jones and Dunta Robinson will be a great duo for years to come.

14. Panthers - Alex Barron, OT, Florida State. Stock: Rising. NFL Comparison: Levi Jones, Bengals
Barron is a GREAT pass protector, and would be picked higher if he had a mean streak or was more physical. Carolina needs tackle help anyway, and Barron is the best available in the draft.

15. Chiefs - Carlos Rodgers, CB, Auburn. Stock: Leveling. NFL Comparison: Patrick Surtain, Dolphins
Kansas City can score 42 points a game. The problem is, there opponents could score 50. Rodgers gives them a pure, maybe the best in the draft, cover corner who can shut a reciever down. Doesn't have the greatest of speed, but is very physical at the line of scrimmage and excels in bump-and-run or a cover 2 scheme.

16. Saints - Thomas Davis, S, Georgia. Stock: Leveling. NFL Comparison: Darren Sharper, Vikings
The Saints have needed a special type of player in the second level of their defense forever. Davis is an athletic, ball-hawking safety who can also lay a serious hit on a reciever running an "in-route." He will pair with Dwight Smith and take away the center of the field for the opposing offense.

17. Bengals - Travis Johnson, DT, Florida St. Stock: Leveling. NFL Comparison: Corey Simon, Eagles
The Bengals lack serious athleticism in the interior of their defensive line. Johnson can get after the quarterback, and he is a decent run-stuffer as well. Very athletic player who will fit nicely in Marvin Lewis's scheme.

18. Vikings - Darryl Blackstock, LB, Virginia. Stock: Rising. NFL Comparison: Rosevelt Colvin, Patriots
Blackstock is an extremely athletic outside 'backer who excells at rushing the passer. He will be great in blitz situations, and will fit nicely in Minnesota.

19. Rams - Khalif Barnes, OT, Washington. Stock: Rising. NFL Comparison: Tarik Glenn, Colts
Barnes is a versitile offensive lineman who has a good frame. He can add bulk, which will go with his athleticism and possibly make him dominant in the future. Rams need O-line help, and Barnes is a great fit.

20. Cowboys - Roddy White, WR, UAB. Stock: Leveling. NFL Comparison: Laveranues Coles, Jets
Keyshawn Johnson and Joey Galloway are both over 30 years old. White has the tools to be a great down the field threat in the NFL, and will benefit nicely from Drew Bledsoe's accuracy on his deep ball.

21. Jaguars - Jammal Brown, OT, Oklahoma. Stock: Falling. NFL Comparison: Jordan Gros, Panthers
Brown is an athletic run blocker who will fit nicely with Jacksonville, who needs tackle help. May go higher than this, but stock has dropped because of lack of physicality and concentration.

22. Ravens - Mark Clayton, WR, Oklahoma. Stock: Rising. NFL Comparison: Derrick Mason, Ravens
Baltimore has been working to upgrade their recieving corps for a while, and Clayton is the most technically sound reciever in this draft. Maybe the most "NFL-ready" also.

23. Seahawks - Marcus Spears, DE, LSU. Stock: Falling. NFL Comparison: Kevin Carter, Dolphins
Seattle lost Chike Okeafor and needs a presence along their D-line. Spears is the best run-stuffer in this draft and his pass-rush ability is underrated.

24. Packers - Brodney Pool, S, Oklahoma. Stock: Leveling. NFL Comparison: Shaun Williams, Giants
Pool is a tall, instinctive safety. The Packers lost Darren Sharper to Minnesota, and they needed another safety even before he left. Pool is a nice fit here.

25. Broncos - DeMarcus Ware, OLB, Troy. Stock: Rising. NFL Comparison: Terrell Suggs, Ravens
The Broncos will switch to a lot of 3-4 defense this year, and after Shawne Merriman, Ware is the best outside rusher for that system in the draft. Denver has needed an outside rusher and Ware is just that.

26. Jets - Fabian Washington, CB, Nebraska. Stock: Leveling. NFL Comparison: Dunta Robinson,HOU
Washington is the fastest player in the draft. Period. He ran a 4.28 forty time. New York hasn't had a good corner since Aaron Glenn left, and Washington is extremely fast, and physical for his size.

27. Falcons - Shaun Cody, DE, USC. Stock: Falling. NFL Comparison: Shaun Ellis, Jets
Atlanta could use another wide reciever or maybe an outside linebacker too, but Cody provides the best value at this pick, and the Falcons need a solid right-side defensive end.

28. Chargers - Dan Cody, DE, Oklahoma. Stock: Falling. NFL Comparison: Bertrand Berry, Cardinals
Cody's stock has fallen very far, but he is a steal at this pick. He is very athletic and tough. San Diego needs an outside pass rush, and Cody makes perfect sense.

29. Colts - Justin Miller, CB, Clemson. Stock: Rising. NFL Comparison: Marcus Trufant, Seahawks
Everyone knows Indy needs defense. Especially in the passing game. I think Tom Brady just threw for another TD on them. Miller is a strong cover corner and very aware of his surroundings.

30. Steelers - Heath Miller, TE, Virginia. Stock: Falling. NFL Comparison: Jason Witten, Cowboys
Pittsburgh has lacked a target down the middle of the field for a long time. It was quite obvious during the playoffs last year that Ben Roethlisberger needed a safety net, and Miller provides that and more. He is a very athletic reciever and a willing blocker.

31. Eagles - David Pollack, DE, Georgia. Stock: Falling. NFL Comparison: David Bowens, Dolphins
Philly needs another reciever, but they will pick one with their early second round pick. They go for best player available here, and Andy Reid will love Pollack's intensity and dedication to get a sack, whatever it takes.

32. Patriots - Channing Crowder, LB, Florida. Stock: Leveling. NFL Comparison: Nick Barnett, Packers
Crowder is tremendously talented, but needs to mature. New England needs athleticism at the middle linebacker position after Teddy Bruschi suffered a mild stroke, and if Bellichick can harness Crowder's talent, this will be a steal.
 

Ozzy

Premium Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2002
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
2
Location
Miami FLA
I voted no, but only because he is not a guru. To me, let the main forum decide without no one even knowing. The ammount of repsect he gets, the hits, and the respect he gives should be the telling tale.......
 

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
May 5, 2002
Messages
16,591
Reaction score
21
Age
45
Location
London
Muck said:
1. 49ers - Alex Smith, QB, Utah. Stock: Rising. NFL Comparison: Chad Pennington, Jets.
Smith has the most upside out of all the QB's. A tall frame, 6'4". Can add bulk. Very cognicsant and a great leader. Will take time to develop, but 49ers have time. May turn out to be franchise player this team needs.

2. Dolphins - Ronnie Brown, RB, Auburn. Stock: Leveling. NFL Comparison: Deuce McAllister, Saints
New offensive coordinator Scott Linehan loves an extremely fast, versitile back who can catch well and block well for his wide-open offensive system. BINGO. Not to mention he's 230 pounds of muscle to boot, so he can take the wear and tear of the NFL. Will take much of the pressure off of QB A.J. Feeley.

3. Browns - Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan. Stock: Leveling. NFL Comparison: Terrell Owens, Eagles
Many consider Edwards the best overall talent in this draft. Has the physical tools to be absolutely dominating. Cleveland needs a quarterback, but with Smith gone, they go for best player available.

4. Bears - Cedric Benson, RB, Texas. Stock: Falling. NFL Comparison: Edgerrin James, Colts
Benson is the offensive gamebreaker the Bears want. Has great vision and is extremely powerful. Has adequate speed, but also some off-the-field issues, allbeit minor. Some consider him the best pure runner in the draft.

5. Buccaneers - Aaron Rodgers, QB, Cal. Stock: Falling. NFL Comparison: Patrick Ramsey, Redskins
Consensus is the Bucs love Mike Williams or Cadillac Williams, but recent rumors have it the Bucs want a QB very badly, even enough to trade up for one. This draft has Rodgers falling to them. Gruden isn't satisfied with Griese or Simms, two sons of former NFL greats.

6. Titans - Antrel Rolle, CB, Miami. Stock: Rising. NFL Comparison: Chris McAlister, Ravens
Tennessee got burnt worst than toast last year in the passing game. They need a corner badly, and Rolle just might be the best player available anyway when the Titans are on the clock. Rolle is definitely the best corner in the draft with size, speed and athleticism that makes scouts drool. Not to mention he comes from "Defensive Back University."

7. Vikings - Mike Williams, WR, USC. Stock: Rising. NFL Comparison: Plaxico Burress, Giants
The Vikings had the best off-season in the NFL, bar none. They traded Randy Moss for this pick, got defensive help big-time, and they knew all along that wide recievers are deep in this class. With Williams, they get a 6'5" 230 pound monster with great hands who may be just a notch below Randy Moss in terms of big-play ability, especially in the red-zone.

8. Cardinals - Carnell "Cadillac" Williams, RB, Auburn. Stock: Rising. NFL Comparison: Curtis Martin,Jets
Williams has by far the best vision out of all the running backs in this draft. Vision is very important for a back. The reason he doesn't go higher is because of his lack of bulk and durability concerns. However, he is a deceptively strong runner and would fit perfectly in Arizona's system.

9. Redskins - Derrick Johnson, LB, Texas. Stock: Leveling. NFL Comparison: LaVar Arrington,Redskins
The 'Skins defense was great last year, but they've lost a few linebackers in free agency and they aren't exactly pleased with LaVar Arrington's bickering lately. The Skins go for best player available while at the same time get Arrington's clone in case Arrington leaves in a year or two.

10. Lions - Erasmus James, DE, Wisconsin. Stock: Rising. NFL Comparison: John Abraham, Jets
Detroit needs a pass rusher very badly, and James is the best at that in this draft. Plain and simple. Some durability concerns, though.

11. Cowboys - Shawne Merriman,OLB,Maryland. Stock: Leveling. NFL Comparison:peter Boulware,BAL
Dallas will play a lot of 3-4 defense this year, and Merriman is the perfect outside 'backer/defensive end type. He is bulky and athletic, and can get after the quarterback. Cowboys have lacked an outside rusher for a while now, and Merriman fixes that problem.

12. Chargers - Troy Williamson,WR,S. Carolina. Stock: Rising. NFL Comparison: Chad Johnson,Bengals
Williamson is the fastest reciever in the draft. San Diego has lacked a consistent down-field threat forever. Williamson will give Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers a deep target right away.

13. Texans - Adam Jones, CB, W. Virginia. Stock: Falling. NFL Comparison: Philip Buchanon, Raiders
Jones is a compact, fast corner who can stay with fast recievers. Is a bit short, but possesses good leaping ability. Can serve as a kick-returner also. Texans picked a corner last year also, but Aaron Glenn is 33. Jones and Dunta Robinson will be a great duo for years to come.

14. Panthers - Alex Barron, OT, Florida State. Stock: Rising. NFL Comparison: Levi Jones, Bengals
Barron is a GREAT pass protector, and would be picked higher if he had a mean streak or was more physical. Carolina needs tackle help anyway, and Barron is the best available in the draft.

15. Chiefs - Carlos Rodgers, CB, Auburn. Stock: Leveling. NFL Comparison: Patrick Surtain, Dolphins
Kansas City can score 42 points a game. The problem is, there opponents could score 50. Rodgers gives them a pure, maybe the best in the draft, cover corner who can shut a reciever down. Doesn't have the greatest of speed, but is very physical at the line of scrimmage and excels in bump-and-run or a cover 2 scheme.

16. Saints - Thomas Davis, S, Georgia. Stock: Leveling. NFL Comparison: Darren Sharper, Vikings
The Saints have needed a special type of player in the second level of their defense forever. Davis is an athletic, ball-hawking safety who can also lay a serious hit on a reciever running an "in-route." He will pair with Dwight Smith and take away the center of the field for the opposing offense.

17. Bengals - Travis Johnson, DT, Florida St. Stock: Leveling. NFL Comparison: Corey Simon, Eagles
The Bengals lack serious athleticism in the interior of their defensive line. Johnson can get after the quarterback, and he is a decent run-stuffer as well. Very athletic player who will fit nicely in Marvin Lewis's scheme.

18. Vikings - Darryl Blackstock, LB, Virginia. Stock: Rising. NFL Comparison: Rosevelt Colvin, Patriots
Blackstock is an extremely athletic outside 'backer who excells at rushing the passer. He will be great in blitz situations, and will fit nicely in Minnesota.

19. Rams - Khalif Barnes, OT, Washington. Stock: Rising. NFL Comparison: Tarik Glenn, Colts
Barnes is a versitile offensive lineman who has a good frame. He can add bulk, which will go with his athleticism and possibly make him dominant in the future. Rams need O-line help, and Barnes is a great fit.

20. Cowboys - Roddy White, WR, UAB. Stock: Leveling. NFL Comparison: Laveranues Coles, Jets
Keyshawn Johnson and Joey Galloway are both over 30 years old. White has the tools to be a great down the field threat in the NFL, and will benefit nicely from Drew Bledsoe's accuracy on his deep ball.

21. Jaguars - Jammal Brown, OT, Oklahoma. Stock: Falling. NFL Comparison: Jordan Gros, Panthers
Brown is an athletic run blocker who will fit nicely with Jacksonville, who needs tackle help. May go higher than this, but stock has dropped because of lack of physicality and concentration.

22. Ravens - Mark Clayton, WR, Oklahoma. Stock: Rising. NFL Comparison: Derrick Mason, Ravens
Baltimore has been working to upgrade their recieving corps for a while, and Clayton is the most technically sound reciever in this draft. Maybe the most "NFL-ready" also.

23. Seahawks - Marcus Spears, DE, LSU. Stock: Falling. NFL Comparison: Kevin Carter, Dolphins
Seattle lost Chike Okeafor and needs a presence along their D-line. Spears is the best run-stuffer in this draft and his pass-rush ability is underrated.

24. Packers - Brodney Pool, S, Oklahoma. Stock: Leveling. NFL Comparison: Shaun Williams, Giants
Pool is a tall, instinctive safety. The Packers lost Darren Sharper to Minnesota, and they needed another safety even before he left. Pool is a nice fit here.

25. Broncos - DeMarcus Ware, OLB, Troy. Stock: Rising. NFL Comparison: Terrell Suggs, Ravens
The Broncos will switch to a lot of 3-4 defense this year, and after Shawne Merriman, Ware is the best outside rusher for that system in the draft. Denver has needed an outside rusher and Ware is just that.

26. Jets - Fabian Washington, CB, Nebraska. Stock: Leveling. NFL Comparison: Dunta Robinson,HOU
Washington is the fastest player in the draft. Period. He ran a 4.28 forty time. New York hasn't had a good corner since Aaron Glenn left, and Washington is extremely fast, and physical for his size.

27. Falcons - Shaun Cody, DE, USC. Stock: Falling. NFL Comparison: Shaun Ellis, Jets
Atlanta could use another wide reciever or maybe an outside linebacker too, but Cody provides the best value at this pick, and the Falcons need a solid right-side defensive end.

28. Chargers - Dan Cody, DE, Oklahoma. Stock: Falling. NFL Comparison: Bertrand Berry, Cardinals
Cody's stock has fallen very far, but he is a steal at this pick. He is very athletic and tough. San Diego needs an outside pass rush, and Cody makes perfect sense.

29. Colts - Justin Miller, CB, Clemson. Stock: Rising. NFL Comparison: Marcus Trufant, Seahawks
Everyone knows Indy needs defense. Especially in the passing game. I think Tom Brady just threw for another TD on them. Miller is a strong cover corner and very aware of his surroundings.

30. Steelers - Heath Miller, TE, Virginia. Stock: Falling. NFL Comparison: Jason Witten, Cowboys
Pittsburgh has lacked a target down the middle of the field for a long time. It was quite obvious during the playoffs last year that Ben Roethlisberger needed a safety net, and Miller provides that and more. He is a very athletic reciever and a willing blocker.

31. Eagles - David Pollack, DE, Georgia. Stock: Falling. NFL Comparison: David Bowens, Dolphins
Philly needs another reciever, but they will pick one with their early second round pick. They go for best player available here, and Andy Reid will love Pollack's intensity and dedication to get a sack, whatever it takes.

32. Patriots - Channing Crowder, LB, Florida. Stock: Leveling. NFL Comparison: Nick Barnett, Packers
Crowder is tremendously talented, but needs to mature. New England needs athleticism at the middle linebacker position after Teddy Bruschi suffered a mild stroke, and if Bellichick can harness Crowder's talent, this will be a steal.
Anyone that has Channing Crowder going in the first round woule be a no. Here's why:

"Crowder had three ACL injuries before he even entered Florida and had to delay his enrollment at the university because of the injuries. Some teams have said they wouldn’t touch him until the sixth or seventh round because their doctors say he won’t last four years in the league. Others have removed him from their draft boards completely, meaning they will not draft him regardless of how far he falls.

Character issues will not help him. He’s a leader on the field and highly respected  one of the few sophomores ever to be voted a team captain in Florida history. But he is still immature off the field, as evidenced by his multiple arrests for fighting and intentionally knocking mirrors off cars.

Crowder is a good football player. He’s a big, instinctive, downhill plugger and based strictly on tape review, he is talented enough to be drafted in the first round, especially given the weak MLB class this year. But I think Crowder’s situation will mirror what happened with Boss Bailey two years ago. Many forecasted Bailey to be drafted in the first round, but he slid to the beginning of the second, in large part because of prior knee injuries to both legs. I would rate Crowder’s injuries to be more serious than Bailey’s, and he could fall further.

To his credit, his agent, Joel Segal, sent him to see nationally renowned orthopedic surgeon James Andrews and has sent a letter out to all 32 teams. The letter, which PFW has seen, states that the 21-year-old linebacker visited Andrews on March 23, 2005, and includes the following:

“The patient has had three anterior cruciate ligament reconstructions on the right knee, and a right partial medial meniscectomy. He has had one anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction on his left knee. The current grafts in place are both autografts to bone, patellar tendon bone, and with these grafts, he has had three years without any problems. He currently participates in all sorts of activities without any swelling present in either knee, or any instability episodes. He played last season with no bracing on either knee and without any problems. Both knees are stable at this time with no evidence of any degenerative changes.

“There is no reason why this young man cannot continue to play football, even at the highest level with the current status of his knees. He has played collegiate football at a competitive university for two years without any problems in his knees. He has excellent strength of both legs. I feel confident that the patient is not at any increased risk of having additional ACL tears. He is released at this time for all football activities.â€Â

Andrews’ endorsement could help Crowder, but teams are much more likely to trust the evaluation and opinions of their own doctors. Regardless of his health status, the character concerns are still an issue. Factoring all the risks involved with selecting this player, it would not be a surprise to see Crowder fall to the late second or even third round."
 

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Joined
Jan 30, 2004
Messages
8,474
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Location
Rochester, NY
I say no. If you want the "draft guru" badge, I think you've got to measure up to KB and Boomer. This dude's not close yet.
 

Celtkin

Hammered
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
14,810
Reaction score
0
Age
62
Location
U. Idaho
Muck said:
Ok, I've got a certain someone who's wanted a Draft Guru badge for a good while now. A few months back, I told him that it's something that is to be earned. That the people who have it have done work for the site and have a long history on the "circuit".

Anyway, he PM'd me tonight asking about it. He asked if I had payed attention to his posts the last few months (unfortunately I don't get to read the boards much anymore) and gave me a mock draft. Says it's all his own work, "no copying".

And with that, I will post his mock draft. Vote in the poll and let me know what you think. By no means does this mean he'll get a badge. But I figured this would be a cool thing to do here in private.
I'd have to agree with phunwin that this guy doesn't measure up to our current, excellent staff of Draft Gurus. One thing that would be a problem with this poster, if elevated to "expert' status, is that he would draw criticism for his spelling. The posters in the main forum can be brutal, and we all know it.

Kind of on the subject; Is there a chance of adding a spell checker on the board? I've seen too many threads that spun out of control because of horrible spelling followed by the criticism by the spelling warriors.:wink:
 

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
May 5, 2002
Messages
16,591
Reaction score
21
Age
45
Location
London
Celtkin said:
Kind of on the subject; Is there a chance of adding a spell checker on the board? I've seen too many threads that spun out of control because of horrible spelling followed by the criticism by the spelling warriors.:wink:
I think the phrase should be "too many threads that HAVE spun out of control....." or "too mnay threads SPIN out of control".

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

:D
 

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Joined
Sep 3, 2001
Messages
25,552
Reaction score
5
Age
52
Location
your six
Based on that mock alone....I'd say no....It doesn't seem especially detailed, unique or informative.......I've seen many like it.
 

Celtkin

Hammered
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
14,810
Reaction score
0
Age
62
Location
U. Idaho
Boomer said:
I think the phrase should be "too many threads that HAVE spun out of control....." or "too mnay threads SPIN out of control".

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

:D
You got me...:lol:
 

Muck

Now completely imaginary
Hammered
Joined
Feb 3, 2002
Messages
30,528
Reaction score
6
Location
Elsewhere
phinphanphrommi said:
I'm clueless as to who it is, but this guy has many of the same ideas...

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=74125

:chuckle:
I guess he couldn't wait. :lol:

I don't think he did a bad job. It's just that he's trying to rush things. If he wants a badge, we should be coming to him. Not the other way around. And I don't think he warrants one. Never have.

I don't want to hurt his feelings either. But that's where I gotta summon the force and let him down easy. :tongue:
 

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
May 5, 2002
Messages
16,591
Reaction score
21
Age
45
Location
London
Miss the 'D' off and give him one that says 'RAFT GURU' and he can be in charge of all boats and seafaring craft.
 

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Joined
Jan 30, 2004
Messages
8,474
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Location
Rochester, NY
Boomer said:
Miss the 'D' off and give him one that says 'RAFT GURU' and he can be in charge of all boats and seafaring craft.
Yarrrhh. Can we have a "Pirate" badge, too, matey?
 

Celtkin

Hammered
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
14,810
Reaction score
0
Age
62
Location
U. Idaho
Boomer said:
Miss the 'D' off and give him one that says 'RAFT GURU' and he can be in charge of all boats and seafaring craft.
Or, you could drop the "R" and promote him to our resident "Daft Guru".
 
Top Bottom