Somebody wants a Draft Guru badge | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Somebody wants a Draft Guru badge

Does this member deserve a Draft Guru badge??

• Yes

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 94.7%

• Total voters
Boomer said:
Anyone that has Channing Crowder going in the first round woule be a no. Here's why:

"Crowder had three ACL injuries before he even entered Florida and had to delay his enrollment at the university because of the injuries. Some teams have said they wouldn’t touch him until the sixth or seventh round because their doctors say he won’t last four years in the league. Others have removed him from their draft boards completely, meaning they will not draft him regardless of how far he falls.

Character issues will not help him. He’s a leader on the field and highly respected  one of the few sophomores ever to be voted a team captain in Florida history. But he is still immature off the field, as evidenced by his multiple arrests for fighting and intentionally knocking mirrors off cars.

Crowder is a good football player. He’s a big, instinctive, downhill plugger and based strictly on tape review, he is talented enough to be drafted in the first round, especially given the weak MLB class this year. But I think Crowder’s situation will mirror what happened with Boss Bailey two years ago. Many forecasted Bailey to be drafted in the first round, but he slid to the beginning of the second, in large part because of prior knee injuries to both legs. I would rate Crowder’s injuries to be more serious than Bailey’s, and he could fall further.

To his credit, his agent, Joel Segal, sent him to see nationally renowned orthopedic surgeon James Andrews and has sent a letter out to all 32 teams. The letter, which PFW has seen, states that the 21-year-old linebacker visited Andrews on March 23, 2005, and includes the following:

“The patient has had three anterior cruciate ligament reconstructions on the right knee, and a right partial medial meniscectomy. He has had one anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction on his left knee. The current grafts in place are both autografts to bone, patellar tendon bone, and with these grafts, he has had three years without any problems. He currently participates in all sorts of activities without any swelling present in either knee, or any instability episodes. He played last season with no bracing on either knee and without any problems. Both knees are stable at this time with no evidence of any degenerative changes.

“There is no reason why this young man cannot continue to play football, even at the highest level with the current status of his knees. He has played collegiate football at a competitive university for two years without any problems in his knees. He has excellent strength of both legs. I feel confident that the patient is not at any increased risk of having additional ACL tears. He is released at this time for all football activities.â€Â

Andrews’ endorsement could help Crowder, but teams are much more likely to trust the evaluation and opinions of their own doctors. Regardless of his health status, the character concerns are still an issue. Factoring all the risks involved with selecting this player, it would not be a surprise to see Crowder fall to the late second or even third round."

And the this is why Boomer is THE draft guru!! :D

Just tell him that the requirement for a badge is having done official mocks and things of that nature for the site. Then let him know that with Boomer and KB, we're not looking to add another guru. Then tell him you'll keep his resume on file, and you'll call if you find a job for him :chuckle:

If he can get a Draft Guru badge by asking, it isnt worth having a badge. That's not something you ask for.
ps - He's also not very good.

Perhaps Draft Goo is a better title?

No way, you and KB have the bar pretty high. If there are this many questions of if it's been earned, it hasn't.

I'm kind of laughing at the seriousness with which people are treating a small jpg file that says "DRAFT GURU"

I kind of disagree I think with the idea of someone getting the status tho just for posting a mock draft. I mean, can I be a draft guru? No, seriously, can I? And all I have to do is post a mock draft that people like?

Maybe I need to cash in on these nearly-10,000 posts of mine and get some cool JPG files underneath my name :)

I dunno in order to be a "draft guru" (i so hate the word guru) I think the person needs to be posting not just around draft time but all the time about upcoming players and know what they can bring. Follow them through out there career in colleage and not be someone who goes to scout.com and espninsider and post what they have on their.

I would go with the others on here that say no, unless he has the same hair style as Mel Kiper Jr. cause we all know with hair like that you got to be an expert. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ckparrothead said:
I'm kind of laughing at the seriousness with which people are treating a small jpg file that says "DRAFT GURU"

I kind of disagree I think with the idea of someone getting the status tho just for posting a mock draft. I mean, can I be a draft guru? No, seriously, can I? And all I have to do is post a mock draft that people like?

Maybe I need to cash in on these nearly-10,000 posts of mine and get some cool JPG files underneath my name :)

Maybe if you ask nicely, they'll throw the Homestar Runner logo in there. ;)

Muck said:
I guess he couldn't wait. :lol:

I don't think he did a bad job. It's just that he's trying to rush things. If he wants a badge, we should be coming to him. Not the other way around. And I don't think he warrants one. Never have.

I don't want to hurt his feelings either. But that's where I gotta summon the force and let him down easy. :tongue:

He did a good job putting it together, but I've read some of the same exact explainations on a lot of mocks, and player profiles. He took a lot of time doing it and thats great, but like you said, you guys should be coming to him.

I never asked for a Camp Reporter badge, you came to me and said how would this look under your name. I would have never asked for it, because, well maybe I'm different, I do the reports because I like to, not for attention, or status.

I said no, because to be a draft guru, you need to do more than a mock, a draft guru, knows the players, their strengths and weaknesses, knows what teams need what and what type of player each personnel manager goes for, Boomer has shown that he is more than just reading some insider sites and putting a list together, he provides more detail and fluff that comes from following the players and knowing them. His draft was good, better than most but as I said at first it takes more than a decent mock draft to become a draft guru.

Thats it. I'm changing my login name to: DOLFANMIKE FOOD / DRAFT GURU

Back
Top Bottom