Someone actually wants one of our coaches | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Someone actually wants one of our coaches

Oh it's probably Turner.

Let Bates or turner go and I'd be fine with a late draft pick for comp.

We could get someone new, that would probably freshen up the defense if we could get a new D-coordinator.

I doubt it is turner.. Why would he go for a lateral move?

Why would anyone want Turner to go?

The guy is the best offensive coordinator in the NFL.

Freshen up a top 5 defense? LOL...

Let Turner go because we had 30% of our salary cap spent on offense? Ya'll do know the boy didn't just forget everything he knew about football this past year don't you?

Letting either go is redicilious. Much less for a late round draft pick...

--Ross

Originally posted by pilotfish
Is draft pick compensation for assistant coaches something new in the NFL?

I know what you're getting at, and no, there's no draft compensation for assistant coaches. As long as they're under contract for next season, they can only leave if the move is considered a promotion, or a step up the ladder for the coach. The team he leaves gets nothing in return. Of course, if they're not under contract, they're free to go anywhere in any capacity.

I believe Turner is already our assistant head coach, so he could only leave to be a head coach. Bates could leave to be a headcoach, or a defensive coordinator for another team as long as they name him asst. headcoach as well. Any of the current assistants under Turner and Bates could leave to be coordinators somewhere else.

Please take bates. Please do. That would be fine with me. We can go sign Jauron if he gets no coaching gig to be our D-Coordinator. He was a great one.

It's amazing.

Some of you want to fire a guy who has fielded a top 4 defense in three of his four years on the job and a top 10 defense in all four years, while at the same time, a guy who has never fielded a top 10 defense in his career (Jim Mora Jr.) is getting a head coaching job.

Look at what he has working for him on defense. By the way the prevent defense sucks and his zone sucks. Plus he is predictable, when he tries not to be he just calls bad plays.

Originally posted by Jaj
Look at what he has working for him on defense. By the way the prevent defense sucks and his zone sucks. Plus he is predictable, when he tries not to be he just calls bad plays.

:jumper:

Originally posted by relive1972

I know what you're getting at, and no, there's no draft compensation for assistant coaches. As long as they're under contract for next season, they can only leave if the move is considered a promotion, or a step up the ladder for the coach. The team he leaves gets nothing in return. Of course, if they're not under contract, they're free to go anywhere in any capacity.

I believe Turner is already our assistant head coach, so he could only leave to be a head coach. Bates could leave to be a headcoach, or a defensive coordinator for another team as long as they name him asst. headcoach as well. Any of the current assistants under Turner and Bates could leave to be coordinators somewhere else.

Not only that, but because of the Gruden to TB deal there you can't trade a coach for draft picks. The only way a team can be compensated with draft picks for a head coach is if that head coach resigns and then coaches another team before the contract with the old team is over.

Originally posted by Jaj
also, you don't blitz linebackers when your playing prevent. he called it in the KC, Raider and the patriot games last year and we got burned everytime. especially by NE!:yell: he never friggin learns!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom