Someone Please Explain This (end Of Half Scenario / Gase W/ Brock & Tannehill) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Someone Please Explain This (end Of Half Scenario / Gase W/ Brock & Tannehill)

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Club Member
Reaction score
Here is Brock Osweiller’s drive from 2 weeks ago, @ Greenbay, to end the first half.

Score was 14-9 Green Bay. Miami started their drive at their own 7 with 40 seconds and 2 timeouts:

• 1st & 10 at MIA 7
    (0:40 - 2nd) (Shotgun) B.Osweiler pass short right to F.Gore to MIA 11 for 4 yards (J.Jones).

• (0:33 - 2nd) Timeout #2 by GB at 00:33.
  • 2nd & 6 at MIA 11
    (0:33 - 2nd) (Shotgun) B.Osweiler pass incomplete short middle to D.Parker. GB-N.Perry was injured during the play. His return is Questionable.
  • (0:29 - 2nd) Timeout #3 by GB at 00:29.
  • 3rd & 6 at MIA 11
    (0:29 - 2nd) (Shotgun) B.Osweiler pass short middle to D.Parker to MIA 25 for 14 yards (K.Fackrell) [C.Matthews].
  • (0:22 - 2nd) Timeout #2 by MIA at 00:22.
  • 1st & 10 at MIA 25
    (0:22 - 2nd) (Shotgun) B.Osweiler pass incomplete deep right to D.Parker.
  • 2nd & 10 at MIA 25
    (0:16 - 2nd) (No Huddle, Shotgun) B.Osweiler pass short left to K.Ballage to MIA 31 for 6 yards (J.Jackson).

• (0:16 - 2nd) Timeout #3 by MIA at 00:09.
  • 3rd & 4 at MIA 31
    (0:09 - 2nd) (Shotgun) B.Osweiler pass short left to D.Amendola pushed ob at MIA 39 for 8 yards (K.Fackrell).
  • 1st & 10 at MIA 39
    (0:05 - 2nd) (Shotgun) B.Osweiler pass short middle to K.Ballage to MIA 48 for 9 yards (K.Fackrell). PENALTY on MIA-S.Young, Offensive Holding, 0 yards, enforced at MIA 39 - No Play.

Hell we moved the ball 32 yards in a situation that probably warranted a kneel down and honestly Osweiller had Parker open deep on a play.

Fast forward two weeks - Score tied at 24 with 4:20 left and 2 timeouts
    • 1st & 10 at MIA 6
      (4:20 - 4th) F.Gore up the middle to MIA 6 for no gain (M.Hunt).

• 2nd & 10 at MIA 6
      (3:39 - 4th) (Shotgun) R.Tannehill pass short right to D.Parker to MIA 6 for no gain (M.Adams). Penalty on MIA-K.Stills, Offensive Pass Interference, declined.

• 3rd & 10 at MIA 6
      (3:34 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Drake up the middle to MIA 10 for 4 yards (M.Mitchell).

• 4th & 6 at MIA 10
      (2:50 - 4th) M.Haack punts 62 yards to IND 28, Center-J.Denney. C.Rogers to IND 42 for 14 yards (W.Aikens).

Miami ran 7 plays with Brock with 7 throws . . . .Miami runs twice and throws that quick LOS pass to Parker with Tannehill.

Where the **** was that aggression with your franchise QB in and the season on the line situation? **** move the sticks and run the clock to ensure they don’t get the ball back . . .do something.

I am so lost with the way Gase manages his game and his QBs. Makes absolutely no sense.

it's those horizontal pass plays that drive me crazy as they usually go no where. Where are the slants, skinny posts, anything verticle? Bottom line is Gase is a very ball playcaller who is predictable and conservative. And, when something is working he gets cute with trick plays. He is horrible and as I said earlier PREDICTABLE. I can't explain it,,,hope someone can.

Apparently Tannehill still doesnt have complete control under center and apparently Gase has no faith Tannehill can make a play. I understand the O line hasn't played well but Tannehill needs to at least scramble out or something, just get the damn first down.

Gase got queasy lmao. Is it so damn hard to find a coach that isn't queasy my God!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom