Someone tell me why???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Someone tell me why????

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
Why are fans so down and vocal players like Terrel Owens, Keyshawn Johnson, and Warren Sapp?

Sure they are obnoxious but you know what? They are leaders and playmakers.

Their team mates follow them and like them.

I would take any one of them in a heartbeat.

I think Miami has had more than its share of nice guys who say the right things and shake hands well, then play like crap. Give me a guy with some attitude and a chip on his shoulder (Bryan Cox, Ron Heller) who will go into battle making plays and be a leader.

This team needs it. We need playmakers and leaders especially on offense.

I don't want to date these guys, I just want them to help my team win.

When did Keyshawn Johnson become a playmaker? The guy has only 9 TD receptions in the past 3 years combined. He's nothing but a big, slow possession receiver. Far from a playmaker, though he makes you think he is a playmaker with his mouth.

Terrell Owens is a divisive influence on his teammates. Most of his teammates can't stand him because he is a prima donna. He gripes about not getting the football, yet he drops more passes than any other receiver in the NFL.

Warren Sapp's skills are in obvious decline.

Originally posted by KBISBACK
When did Keyshawn Johnson become a playmaker? The guy has only 9 TD receptions in the past 3 years combined. He's nothing but a big, slow possession receiver. Far from a playmaker, though he makes you think he is a playmaker with his mouth.

Terrell Owens is a divisive influence on his teammates. Most of his teammates can't stand him because he is a prima donna. He gripes about not getting the football, yet he drops more passes than any other receiver in the NFL.

Warren Sapp's skills are in obvious decline.

I agree with you completely. Although i like Terrell Owens because he CAN be a huge playmaker.. i think people need to really consider what certain players can do to the moral of the team. People like Keyshawn are just cancer. Im starting to think the same of Warren. Some of the things Warren has done has been disrespectful and just plain annoying. I dont care how much talent you have you dont do those things. It makes YOU look stupid and ignorant.

When was the last time you saw a team with someone with as big a mouth win the the superbowl?

Theres only one that could possibly be found for that in my recent memory, and thats Ray "Slice" Lewis, but the man can back it up....

Originally posted by TerryTate
When was the last time you saw a team with someone with as big a mouth win the the superbowl?

Theres only one that could possibly be found for that in my recent memory, and thats Ray "Slice" Lewis, but the man can back it up....

Uhm, Tampa Bay last year?

Shannon Sharpe and Michael Irvin got SIX between them.

I can deal with Randy Moss or Warren Sapp, but I CANT deal with Terrell Owens, Keyshawn Johnson, Shannon Sharpe or Joe Horn!! Hell no!! Ive just grown to hate them.

Originally posted by TerryTate

How 'bout Tampa Bay last year with TWO loud mouths on their team (Meshawn and Fat Sapp)?

Originally posted by fin-atic

I think Miami has had more than its share of nice guys who say the right things and shake hands well, then play like crap. Give me a guy with some attitude and a chip on his shoulder (Bryan Cox, Ron Heller) who will go into battle making plays and be a leader.

:lol:

Ron Heller....

Man that name brings back some good memories.
They definitely need a guy like Heller on the O-Line!

That guy was as MEAN and dirty as they come.
One of the only O-Lineman that I actually had fun watching.

I agree..... especially with Wanny back..... they need someone with a mean streak and an attitude that gets people to follow them.

Someone with attitude that can actually back up that attitude on the field and not just run their mouth however!

I agree - I think we need someone with fire and attitude, not nice guys. I had posted yesterday about Warren Sapp, then discovered he hates Miami and wants to get out of Florida, if he can.

first off, look at new england. we dont need terrell owens to win games. what we need is guys who can go to the spot they are suppose to be at and catch the damn ball. what we need is an Ol who can block for their QB to give him enough time to complete passes. what we need is coaches that draw up differnret stuff each week instead of wearing ricky down by the time he is 30. we need to go over the middle like we did against dallas and washington (when JF came in) and NY Jets. We need some smart coaching who can figure out a way to stop Vrabel and mgginnest from blitzing in off the corners, harrison too. thats all we need really. I think we can accomplish most of that but the coaching always has me worried come midseason. can we do something else besides ricky three times up the gut?

I'm actually Pro-TO, the guy can flat out play. He won't be a dolphin, which is fine with me, but do you really want to see him on the Jets? I know i don't, and aside from the eagles, the jets are second on the list of teams that could actively pursue him, and they have the money to do it. Should be interesting to see where he ends up and how he affects the team that gets him (on and off the field).

Keyshawn is obviously the epitome of what they w/look for to complament CC since you can say OG and DT are very, very, beggar, dirt, poor man's version of Keyshawn. Hard to compare a #1 overall pick with street FAs.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Why are fans so down and vocal players like Terrel Owens, Keyshawn Johnson, and Warren Sapp?

Sure they are obnoxious but you know what? They are leaders and playmakers.

Their team mates follow them and like them.

I would take any one of them in a heartbeat.

This team needs it. We need playmakers and leaders especially on offense.

I don't want to date these guys, I just want them to help my team win.

1/2 the reason we signed seau. Lotta good it did with team identity and fortitude.

Back
Top Bottom