Something I noticed... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Something I noticed...

BocaHighQB

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I saw on the draft history link on Fin Heaven that while Jimmy Johnson was our coach we had over 10 draft picks every year(yes, im talking about a 7 round draft) when wanny cme through we rarely had 5, i was wondering if this was the main reason that wanny did pretty well and then struggled was because all of JJ's picks were getting old and if anyone thinks Nick Saban well bring back JJs ways and we will have many picks each year instead of giving them up. He said he didnt want to trade any away but didnt say he will try to bring in more draft picks but I think it is very possible that he trades away non-needed veterans for multiple draft picks.Hopefully if Coach Saban does what I hope the mock in my SIG is possible.

uh oh. the cats out of the bag now. Wanny never really thought much of the draft. big surprise. Mcmicheal and chambers were the best thing wanny ever did in the draft.

Saban places the draft above free agency. and he holds the draft in higher prestige than either wanny or JJ. Saban wants every pick he can get, and hes aggrivated that he only has 5 right now. Saban is Saban. no need to compare him to JJ or wanny. Thats just not fair to wanny or JJ.

Most of JJs picks were lower round picks...he liked to trade down a lot...but he did hit on a few big ones in the lower rounds...(ZT for example in the 5th). However, overall, he didn't bat too well...he just had a lot of picks and it figures you can't miss on every pick...Wanny seemed to just pick the wrong guys...he tended to pick guys that were projects...he wanted to mold players to his team, but seemed to pick the wrong players to mold (Fletcher)...the Fins have missed having a good talent evaluator since Joe Thomas and Bobby Beathard left...The jury is still out on RS first year, although this may be his only year...

Thanks again for youre opinions so basically everyone agrees he will try to gest as many and the best picks he can and he has proven he is a hard core scout going to every top pick except ones he couldnt make's pro days

BocaHighQB said:
Thanks again for youre opinions so basically everyone agrees he will try to gest as many and the best picks he can and he has proven he is a hard core scout going to every top pick except ones he couldnt make's pro days

He also understands you don't get the 2nd overall pick too often. Unless of course you wanna suck every year. I think right now its 50/50 we'll get draft day trades.

what round was jt taken in??? it it a surprise that wanny's new class of freshmen are not that strong. wanny always thought he wasnt there to build a team.. he always thought he was there to put the last piece in to win the championship. he always was so transparent that he got screwed every year. i forsee a year just like the last big coaching change....8-8 ...but the fins always do the opposite of whats expected. this year will challenge that....the thing wanny could never get past.

hdjetta6316 said:
he always thought he was there to put the last piece in to win the championship.

Quote from Wanny........"Round peg, meet square hole........NOW FIT D@MN IT!!!"

Back
Top Bottom