Something? Nothing? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Something? Nothing?

DPhinz_DPhinz

I cash reality checks....
☠️ Banned ☠️
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying that we are looking at another early CB to move our two big ticket CBs in a salary dump for a blockbuster trade for a QB...but if we take a CB in the 1st three rds we are creating a conversation about whether we are trying to shed those big contracts for more cap space.

If a talent drops that too good to pass up, sure. If Surtain or Horn, as an example, are somehow available at #18, how can you pass on that?

More likely, I think Miami is looking for a safety but definitely doing it's due diligence. Also, Iggy should improve dramatically in year two. Corner certainly doesn't appear to be a big need.

Can't have enough CBs.
Also, they can take some time to develop. By the time - say 2 seasons- one is ready to fill in and have no drop off, those X and Jones contracts will be looking like albatrosses, perhaps?

Can't have enough CBs.
Also, they can take some time to develop. By the time - say 2 seasons- one is ready to fill in and have no drop off, those X and Jones contracts will be looking like albatrosses, perhaps?
I really think that Jones' contract will look better and better very soon... there have already been several DBs eclipse it in value... add in next year's expected big jump in the cap, and he'll slide 5-10 more spots.

I know this runs counter to the narrative, but this is sort of how it works in inflationary times.

WHO from Miami is telling these people what their plans are?

I never buy any of this talk.

The only way they take a CB high(in the first 3 rounds according to this guy)is if their is a value pick they just can't pass up.

Does that mean Farley/Surtain/Horn at #18?

Or Asante Samuel at #35?

Molden at #81?

The move to make there is to trade down from #18 with a CB hungry team, not take another CB when it is literally your strongest position, especially since X is not being moved.

Now if they have a big deal planned where they trade Howard then fine snap up a top CB, it is a very important part of their defense.

WHO from Miami is telling these people what their plans are?

I never buy any of this talk.

The only way they take a CB high(in the first 3 rounds according to this guy)is if their is a value pick they just can't pass up.

Does that mean Farley/Surtain/Horn at #18?

Or Asante Samuel at #35?

Molden at #81?

The move to make there is to trade down from #18 with a CB hungry team, not take another CB when it is literally your strongest position, especially since X is not being moved.

Now if they have a big deal planned where they trade Howard then fine snap up a top CB, it is a very important part of their defense.

If Asante is there at 35 they better run the card up and not think twice.

Was he good at FSU? Can't say I watched him beyond the games against UF. Didn't stand out much. Bloodlines, sure!

He was absolutely dominate. Both in the pass and run game. And has the dog in him you want in a corner.

The rest of the defense was so bad, they just went away from him. But he was still locking his guy down.

He was absolutely dominate. Both in the pass and run game. And has the dog in him you want in a corner.

The rest of the defense was so bad, they just went away from him. But he was still locking his guy down.
Why isn't he talked about along the lines of Horn and Surtain and Farley? Is it all a size thing? Him being 5'10" and then all being 6'1" or 6'2"? Or what? He seems more a day 2 guy to most!

Why isn't he talked about along the lines of Horn and Surtain and Farley? Is it all a size thing? Him being 5'10" and then all being 6'1" or 6'2"? Or what? He seems more a day 2 guy to most!

I think the length and 40 times are pushing some of those guys for most people. I honestly believe that the NFL will see what’s real and he’s going in the first round. I think he’s the 2nd CB off the board. But every year teams fall in love with measurables too, not just fans, so I could be wrong.

This could help him or hurt him, but he can play in the slot. So teams that are already two deep may take him as a last piece to the D. Or some teams could view him as strictly a slot guy due to size and quickness. Which would be a mistake. But it’s bound to happen I’m sure.

If a talent drops that too good to pass up, sure. If Surtain or Horn, as an example, are somehow available at #18, how can you pass on that?

More likely, I think Miami is looking for a safety but definitely doing it's due diligence. Also, Iggy should improve dramatically in year two. Corner certainly doesn't appear to be a big need.
If Surtain II, drops to 18 I pray to sweet baby Jesus, we grab him.
We can always target Eskridge.

I really think that Jones' contract will look better and better very soon... there have already been several DBs eclipse it in value... add in next year's expected big jump in the cap, and he'll slide 5-10 more spots.

I know this runs counter to the narrative, but this is sort of how it works in inflationary times.
That is a very good point.

That is a very good point.
Then the complaints sort of metastasize... Since they've been kvetching for a year, or two... they slide into a narrative that this or that player is 'overpaid and we need to get rid of them', even when they aren't anymore.

I don't know how many people I have had to talk off of a ledge because they were just CONVINCED that DVP or Wilson were 'overpaid', when the reality was just the opposite.

Once they start on their narrative, and 5-10 posters say it out loud, then it reinforces their mistaken beliefs and they get downright aggressive when you question them... it works the same way with conspiracy theories.

Back
Top Bottom