Something people may be missing about the Tank. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Something people may be missing about the Tank.

ButchFragrance

Active Roster
Reaction score
Once we are in last by say 2 games, the coaches will attempt to scheme better, and let the players play. Clearly yesterday there were no Defensive adjustments, and there is a reason for that. Once we are a few games back we will find out what we really have or do not have.

It does not matter what kind of adjustments are made if the players cannot execute the plays.

Any player that wants to quit after just one game...

should have been weeded out in TC.

We ALL KNOW who wanted to quit after just one game...

the same guy who hates the fact that he is not in on every play on defense...

the same guy who QUIT on the team in the middle of a game last season.

They need to jettison the dead weights before the make the ENTIRE team soft as silk.... soft as they are mentally.

There is not one coach in the NFL that would jeopardize his 6 figure + livelihood and career aspirations to sandbag to improve draft position...

There is not one coach in the NFL that would jeopardize his 6 figure + livelihood and career aspirations to sandbag to improve draft position...

So you are saying they would jeopardize that salary by not doing as they are told?

We are also missing Tank as in Tank Carradine... There was absolutely ZERO pass rush!!!

Losing that badly is no way to "build" something. Even if they hit on the draft picks, if they pick up a reputation that games like yesterday will give them then it's going to be hard to get guys to play.

I find it hard to believe coaches are not going to bother to try to win on game day.

If they are, they should be canned immediately. It’s one thing for the GM to be in on the tank, but the coaches should not be complicit in it. Their job is to develop talent, build a winning culture and try their best to win on Sunday. If they aren’t do that, they are failing and should be removed.

So you are saying they would jeopardize that salary by not doing as they are told?
You think a GM is telling coaches to tank or purpose or face getting canned? When a coach can just get word out to a media contact about what is going on and stir up a PR catastrophe.

You don't have to be actively sabotaging game plans...if you want to tear it down and rebuild/tank/whatever term you want, you deplete the roster of talent to the point that a team will have trouble competing for Ws on a regular basis.

I do think we'll improve because issues will be addressed and we have a lot of young and/or new players, but I don't think there is a conspiracy to stop coaches from doing their jobs.

Lamar Jackson has a really quick release, that surprised me along with his accuracy. I didn't think either QB did that bad given they had no time in the pocket, less than 2 seconds. Also, the biggest surprise was all the new names I'd never heard of and no amount of coaching can mask that much talent weakness. My biggest mistake was not making any wagers this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom