Something positive from the national media. Hard to believe. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Something positive from the national media. Hard to believe.

Mach2

Never go full Colin Cowherd........
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
According to a panel of ESPN analysts, the Dolphins didn’t just improve this offseason, they improved the most out of any team in the league this offseason. The roundtable featured Dan Graziano, Kevin Seifert, Jeremy Fowler and Mike Clay to weigh out which teams improved at what rate — and lo and behold the Dolphins checked in with the No. 1 spot.

Hard to disagree with that.

They had perhaps the worst roster in the league, certainly one of the 2-3 worst so they had room to improve.

I can't remember ANY team adding so many new guys in one off season.

2 RB's, 1 QB, 5 OL, 4 DL, 1 LB, 2 Cb and a S, all expected to contribute.

Well we had BY FAR the most resources, and there's a lot of national-friendly aspects such as drafting media darling QB Tua. But the national media is fickle. What team in our division do they NOT like? I'd still suggest that the only two teams in our division that get big coverage are the perennial-division-winning Patriots and the big market NY Jets. Even with Buffalo having the best roster in the division and poised to challenge or take the division ... they're at best 3rd most coverage in the division ... maybe 4th because we have Tuamania.

When those same guys come out with their "power rankings" which is just another way of saying "click-generators-for-big-markets", we'll typically see them rank the Dolphins much lower on the totem pole. And heaven forbid if we lose the first couple of games ... they'll be so far away from our bandwagon it's laughable.

Well we had BY FAR the most resources, and there's a lot of national-friendly aspects such as drafting media darling QB Tua. But the national media is fickle. What team in our division do they NOT like? I'd still suggest that the only two teams in our division that get big coverage are the perennial-division-winning Patriots and the big market NY Jets. Even with Buffalo having the best roster in the division and poised to challenge or take the division ... they're at best 3rd most coverage in the division ... maybe 4th because we have Tuamania.

When those same guys come out with their "power rankings" which is just another way of saying "click-generators-for-big-markets", we'll typically see them rank the Dolphins much lower on the totem pole. And heaven forbid if we lose the first couple of games ... they'll be so far away from our bandwagon it's laughable.

Completely true.

More than 1lb will contribute, Hill can play and Roberts might be playing on all 3 aspects. Than Van noy of course

They had perhaps the worst roster in the league, certainly one of the 2-3 worst so they had room to improve.

I can't remember ANY team adding so many new guys in one off season.

2 RB's, 1 QB, 5 OL, 4 DL, 1 LB, 2 Cb and a S, all expected to contribute.
How can you forget to include the LS?

Last edited:

Reading your response inspired a question in my mind.

Which roster was worse, last season’s or the 2007 squad that barely eeked out 1 win?

It’s an interesting question to ponder from the standpoint that if you believe last season’s team was worse — then it really goes to show the level of head coach and staff the team currently has.

They didn’t barely win just one game, but rather won 5. And could have won several more. Among those 5 wins were some impressive opponents too.

I think the 2007 group was more talented than what we fielded to start the year
I guess that's debatable

I think the 2007 group was more talented than what we fielded to start the year
I guess that's debatable
To me, last years team was clearly inferior with respect to talent.

The 2007 team was devoid of competant leadership, and allowed players to, basically, "mail it in".

That will never happen on Flo's watch.

Last edited:
How can you not like the offseason additions if you're a Miami Dolphins fan? Of course, the team had the most resources and was loaded with draft picks. Kudos to the front office for putting the team in the position to own the offseason.

The real test comes when the season starts. Are the draft picks as good as advertised? Do the free agent additions make the type of impact expected? On paper, the team definitely looks a lot better than the near expansion team level of talent we saw a year ago. Still amazes me that Flores and his staff got 5 wins out of this group and beat New England in a game that really mattered to the Patriots. That bodes well.

Man, he really took a dump on Lawson. I think Lawson will be awesome.

The only bad luck they had was this being a bad year for free agent OL. Just very little big fish on the market.

Back
Top Bottom