Something that honestly amazes me | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Something that honestly amazes me

WPBtoRNOFinFan

Practice Squad
Joined
Mar 13, 2006
Messages
673
Reaction score
0
Location
Reno, Nevada
We start out 1-6 and then climb back to respectability at 5-6 and then get beat by a team that, lets face it, is more talented than ours and presented major size mismatches. Saban coaches us up to win four in a row, against pretty tough teams, and then due to one player's piss poor preformance, and the lack of playmaking response in the secondary after two critical mistakes, and people are calling for his head again. I love it how people were talking playoffs and Harrington being our savior last week and asking if Saban won out if he could win Coach of the year, Harrington Comeback Player of the Year, etc.

Folks, lets all be realists here. I don't have the same disdain for Harrington that many do, I just feel that he is the most mistake-prone player on our roster. I also feel that there is a double-standard for when Culpepper was taking a ton of sacks vs. when Joey did this game (I have yet to see anybody mention this). I also happen to see an incredibly bipolar attitude in general from the fans where if we win four games in a row, people get back into the same mentality that we had prior to the season that we were going to the Super Bowl. I just wish our fans would use level heads to appraise the talent on the roster vs. the production that has been achieved with it the past two years. Also, I wish our fans would appraise the influx of talent being put on this roster as well.

All in all, I am just tired of the "Saban is God" crew one one week, then after a loss "Saban ****ed up" group. I am tired after a game that Harrington threw more TD's than INT's people warming up the annointing oil for him and saying that Culpepper got us in this hole to begin with. I am also tired of people saying that a half-healthy Culpepper would be doing better for us right now, etc. because we know they are on about even ground at this point.

All I want for Christmas is the playoffs...some year.
 

Wallace758

Just one superbowl win just one
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
494
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Northern New Jersey
What Amazes Me Is How Matt Jones (the Most Overrated Player Ever) Has Over 120 Yards Against Us!!! That's What Amazes Me? Who Is He?
 

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Club Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2006
Messages
25,732
Reaction score
10,661
Location
Broward County, FL
Wallace758 said:
What Amazes Me Is How Matt Jones (the Most Overrated Player Ever) Has Over 120 Yards Against Us!!! That's What Amazes Me? Who Is He?

He is a 6'6 WR w/ 4.3 speed who maybe has the most upside of any receiver in this league. He happened to finally wake up against us tho . . . go figure.
 

trate121hb

Go Heat!
Joined
Jun 28, 2005
Messages
2,275
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Miami
Wallace758 said:
I Betch You 80 Percent Of The Nfl Plays With More Heart Than The Dolphins!!!

signed on just to respond.....and ill make it short.....

Cmon Guy are u kidding ME?
 

DolFan Dan

Practice Squad
Joined
Apr 12, 2006
Messages
95
Reaction score
1
WPBtoRNOFinFan said:
We start out 1-6 and then climb back to respectability at 5-6 and then get beat by a team that, lets face it, is more talented than ours and presented major size mismatches. Saban coaches us up to win four in a row, against pretty tough teams, and then due to one player's piss poor preformance, and the lack of playmaking response in the secondary after two critical mistakes, and people are calling for his head again. I love it how people were talking playoffs and Harrington being our savior last week and asking if Saban won out if he could win Coach of the year, Harrington Comeback Player of the Year, etc.

Folks, lets all be realists here. I don't have the same disdain for Harrington that many do, I just feel that he is the most mistake-prone player on our roster. I also feel that there is a double-standard for when Culpepper was taking a ton of sacks vs. when Joey did this game (I have yet to see anybody mention this). I also happen to see an incredibly bipolar attitude in general from the fans where if we win four games in a row, people get back into the same mentality that we had prior to the season that we were going to the Super Bowl. I just wish our fans would use level heads to appraise the talent on the roster vs. the production that has been achieved with it the past two years. Also, I wish our fans would appraise the influx of talent being put on this roster as well.

All in all, I am just tired of the "Saban is God" crew one one week, then after a loss "Saban ****ed up" group. I am tired after a game that Harrington threw more TD's than INT's people warming up the annointing oil for him and saying that Culpepper got us in this hole to begin with. I am also tired of people saying that a half-healthy Culpepper would be doing better for us right now, etc. because we know they are on about even ground at this point.

All I want for Christmas is the playoffs...some year.

I can only speak for myself, but it's hard to blame the QB when your left tackle is just standing there watching him get pummeled. I half expected MacIntosh to start waving goodbye to Joey as he went down. It was a pathetic display on his part.
 
Joined
Sep 9, 2004
Messages
6,619
Reaction score
3
Age
40
Location
Asheville, North Carolina
WPBtoRNOFinFan said:
We start out 1-6 and then climb back to respectability at 5-6 and then get beat by a team that, lets face it, is more talented than ours and presented major size mismatches. Saban coaches us up to win four in a row, against pretty tough teams, and then due to one player's piss poor preformance, and the lack of playmaking response in the secondary after two critical mistakes, and people are calling for his head again. I love it how people were talking playoffs and Harrington being our savior last week and asking if Saban won out if he could win Coach of the year, Harrington Comeback Player of the Year, etc.

Folks, lets all be realists here. I don't have the same disdain for Harrington that many do, I just feel that he is the most mistake-prone player on our roster. I also feel that there is a double-standard for when Culpepper was taking a ton of sacks vs. when Joey did this game (I have yet to see anybody mention this). I also happen to see an incredibly bipolar attitude in general from the fans where if we win four games in a row, people get back into the same mentality that we had prior to the season that we were going to the Super Bowl. I just wish our fans would use level heads to appraise the talent on the roster vs. the production that has been achieved with it the past two years. Also, I wish our fans would appraise the influx of talent being put on this roster as well.

All in all, I am just tired of the "Saban is God" crew one one week, then after a loss "Saban ****ed up" group. I am tired after a game that Harrington threw more TD's than INT's people warming up the annointing oil for him and saying that Culpepper got us in this hole to begin with. I am also tired of people saying that a half-healthy Culpepper would be doing better for us right now, etc. because we know they are on about even ground at this point.

All I want for Christmas is the playoffs...some year.

I know you were joking when you said you were "honestly" amazed..:lol:
 

Finfan53

17-0 Still Perfect
Joined
Apr 26, 2005
Messages
1,507
Reaction score
0
Age
51
Location
Massachusetts
trate121hb said:
signed on just to respond.....and ill make it short.....

Cmon Guy are u kidding ME?
Exactly.... these guys play with more heart than 80% of the teams in the league. These guys who were on the team in 2004, Zach, JT, etc still played their A$$es off back then too....
Now on the other hand...when the Fins were in Chicago.... I saw a bears team that was dejected and basically looked like they quit with 9mins left in the 4th quarter...
 
Top Bottom