Sorry for KC trade proposal but.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sorry for KC trade proposal but....

Venez1284 said:
Lets just hope they are just as stupid as Wannstedt was.

Let me paint a picture for you....

In 2003 we were so enamored with Wade Smith that we gave New England our 2004 2nd rounder for their 2003 third rounder. After that trade we had two third rounders that were spent on Wade Smith and Taylor Whitley. Please excuse me while I vomit.

Oh and to make it all the better, New England just casually took our 2004 second rounder and spent it on a guy, oh gosh what was his name, right it was Corey Dillon. So in review, we swapped picks that resulted in Wade Smith vs. Corey Dillon. That is why we always were "just good enough" to get to 10-6 for four years and finally the inept management caught up to us and was the last straw that broke the camels' back in 2004.

And we get pissed that K.C. won't fork over a 2nd rounder to us for Surtain because Wannstedt would do it in a heartbeat for a guy much worse, and it makes me feel that much better that we have a man in Saban who knows the value of a draft pick finally.
Please stop painting you are no Bob Ross and I don't see any happy little trees

Venez1284 said:
That said I really think Kansas City is really dumb for not giving up a 2nd rounder for Surtain. Do they really think there is a guy they can get in the 2nd round that would equate to Surtain? Don't get me wrong it's not too smart to put all your eggs in the free agency and veteran basket, but it's all about Super Bowls. Ask any Buccaneers fan if they would have like three straight seasons of 11-5 or a Super Bowl then two seasons below .500 like they've had, and I bet every single one of them would pick the Super Bowl. The Chiefs offense is getting older (Green, Roaf, Holmes, Shields, Gonzalez is hitting 30, their receivers even older.

They've signed a few good free agents, and their time to make a push for it all is now. Even a bigger plus for them is they already have Sammy Knight, and if they get Surtain they will have that much less getting used to a new secondary there. I will be shocked if KC doesn't take this opportunity.

The Chiefs have the #46 pick in the draft(2cond rounder), Miami picked Surtain at #44 in '98. So yes it is possible :cooldude:

Sean LaChapelle said:
The Chiefs have the #46 pick in the draft(2cond rounder), Miami picked Surtain at #44 in '98. So yes it is possible :cooldude:

This is the Chiefs we are talking about. They are horrible in the 2nd round.

Sarcastro said:
This is the Chiefs we are talking about. They are horrible in the 2nd round.

the fish should take a fourth, fifth & wormboy Morton :D

Sean LaChapelle said:
the fish should take a fourth, fifth & wormboy Morton :D

That would be a steal for the Chiefs. They will be cutting Morton come June 1st anyways.

Sarcastro said:
That would be a steal for the Chiefs. They will be cutting Morton come June 1st anyways.

where's Wanny when you really need him :mad:

Sean LaChapelle said:

I'm talking about playing up to ELITE status...I'd think you'd have to agree that the Surtain of right now is much much better than rookie Surtain, right?

Venez1284 said:
I'm talking about playing up to ELITE status...I'd think you'd have to agree that the Surtain of right now is much much better than rookie Surtain, right?

Sign Law, get Carlos Rogers with #15, use #46 for one of many needs on defense:)

Sean LaChapelle said:
Sign Law, get Carlos Rogers with #15, use #46 for one of many needs on defense:)

Sign a guy who is on crutches for at least another month?

Sounds like how the Chiefs have built such a quality defense for the last...oh....10 years or so....

unifiedtheory said:
Sign a guy who is on crutches for at least another month?

Sounds like how the Chiefs have built such a quality defense for the last...oh....10 years or so....

You mean five years or so. From 90-99 or so the Chiefs consistantly had great defenses.

Back
Top Bottom