Sorry for KC trade proposal but.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sorry for KC trade proposal but....

jmorgan6977

Puck the Fats
Reaction score
Sorry it may sound bad right now but there is a reality down the road. Hopefully KC has already made a decision and is trying to make us sweat it out but sweating saban out is in my opinion impossible and im happy for that but now think about this. We are in a pretty weak draft year and are going to have to pay big money to whom ever we pick at number two. So if we can trade down and pick up a number two as well, thats great now we bring in surtain. If we do not move surtain this year, we get nothing. He will walk and get a lucrative contract with anybody and we get nothing. Basically the trade would be surtain for a number one next year instead of a number two this year because like someone said dropping that far in the draft would warrant a second as well. So now the trade is down to surtain to KC for number 1 next year and maybe a later pick like 4next year. Just throwing it out there I would hate to see Surtain walk away and us get nothing.

j-mo

jmorgan6977 said:
Sorry it may sound bad right now but there is a reality down the road. Hopefully KC has already made a decision and is trying to make us sweat it out but sweating saban out is in my opinion impossible and im happy for that but now think about this. We are in a pretty weak draft year and are going to have to pay big money to whom ever we pick at number two. So if we can trade down and pick up a number two as well, thats great now we bring in surtain. If we do not move surtain this year, we get nothing. He will walk and get a lucrative contract with anybody and we get nothing. Basically the trade would be surtain for a number one next year instead of a number two this year because like someone said dropping that far in the draft would warrant a second as well. So now the trade is down to surtain to KC for number 1 next year and maybe a later pick like 4next year. Just throwing it out there I would hate to see Surtain walk away and us get nothing.

j-mo

If we could get a round 1 next year...i would cry, and then run around my neighborhood singing "Saban Rules"....umm i mean I would be happy.

What team is going to go, "No way we will trade a #2 this year, but a #1 and #4 next year? We are all over that!"

Isn't a 2nd this year comparable to a 1st the following year?

So IMO if KC doesn't want to trade their 2nd this year they could actually give us their 1st next year.

FinFrenzy said:

So IMO if KC doesn't want to trade their 2nd this year they could actually give us their 1st next year.

exactly and I was ridiculed for the exact same trade yesterday I guess I just should have worded different

J-mo

Sarcastro said:
What team is going to go, "No way we will trade a #2 this year, but a #1 and #4 next year? We are all over that!"

Lets just hope they are just as stupid as Wannstedt was.

Let me paint a picture for you....

In 2003 we were so enamored with Wade Smith that we gave New England our 2004 2nd rounder for their 2003 third rounder. After that trade we had two third rounders that were spent on Wade Smith and Taylor Whitley. Please excuse me while I vomit.

Oh and to make it all the better, New England just casually took our 2004 second rounder and spent it on a guy, oh gosh what was his name, right it was Corey Dillon. So in review, we swapped picks that resulted in Wade Smith vs. Corey Dillon. That is why we always were "just good enough" to get to 10-6 for four years and finally the inept management caught up to us and was the last straw that broke the camels' back in 2004.

And we get pissed that K.C. won't fork over a 2nd rounder to us for Surtain because Wannstedt would do it in a heartbeat for a guy much worse, and it makes me feel that much better that we have a man in Saban who knows the value of a draft pick finally.

FinFrenzy said:

Yeah a pick that's delayed is one round up in price. That's why giving up a second for Feeley was neccesary, the price was a third but we didn't have one, and Spielman wasn't savvy enough to try to obtain one specifically for this trade.:shakeno:

I would LOVE a first next year for Surtain. With some highly rated juniors returning, there will be a lot of talent available and with 2 picks, we will finally be a big player in the first round of the draft.

FinFrenzy said:

Plus vermeil with his days numbered would be pushing more for the now than the future

J-Mo

That said I really think Kansas City is really dumb for not giving up a 2nd rounder for Surtain. Do they really think there is a guy they can get in the 2nd round that would equate to Surtain? Don't get me wrong it's not too smart to put all your eggs in the free agency and veteran basket, but it's all about Super Bowls. Ask any Buccaneers fan if they would have like three straight seasons of 11-5 or a Super Bowl then two seasons below .500 like they've had, and I bet every single one of them would pick the Super Bowl. The Chiefs offense is getting older (Green, Roaf, Holmes, Shields, Gonzalez is hitting 30, their receivers even older.

They've signed a few good free agents, and their time to make a push for it all is now. Even a bigger plus for them is they already have Sammy Knight, and if they get Surtain they will have that much less getting used to a new secondary there. I will be shocked if KC doesn't take this opportunity.

Venez1284 said:
That said I really think Kansas City is really dumb for not giving up a 2nd rounder for Surtain. Do they really think there is a guy they can get in the 2nd round that would equate to Surtain? Don't get me wrong it's not too smart to put all your eggs in the free agency and veteran basket, but it's all about Super Bowls. Ask any Buccaneers fan if they would have like three straight seasons of 11-5 or a Super Bowl then two seasons below .500 like they've had, and I bet every single one of them would pick the Super Bowl. The Chiefs offense is getting older (Green, Roaf, Holmes, Shields, Gonzalez is hitting 30, their receivers even older.

They've signed a few good free agents, and their time to make a push for it all is now. Even a bigger plus for them is they already have Sammy Knight, and if they get Surtain they will have that much less getting used to a new secondary there. I will be shocked if KC doesn't take this opportunity.

I really think all the reports of the 2nd being the hold up are BS. It is the fact that Surtain wants a 14 million dollar SB and Carl Peterson only wants to give him 10 million. I bet Carl doesn't really feel like he has any competition so he will use the rest of the time before the draft to widdle down Surtain's contract demands.

CP is not the type of GM that rushes anything. Infact, he gets gruff constantly for being too leisurely when going after free agents.

With KC's 1st next year....

We all will be rooting against them C'mon KC give us that #1 overall :cooldude:

jmorgan6977 said:
exactly and I was ridiculed for the exact same trade yesterday I guess I just should have worded different

J-mo

This misses the point. KC doesn't want to give up a #2 or a #1. Of course WE would take either! That's not the issue. KC would probably trade a 3, but they don't have one to trade (and, you CAN'T trade a compensatory pick).

The real holdup is going to be Surtain, imo. But, I would take a 2nd round pick for him NEXT year ... at this point.

FinFrenzy said:
With KC's 1st next year....

We all will be rooting against them C'mon KC give us that #1 overall :cooldude:

Saban is a magician if he can get a 1st rounder of next year for Surtain.

Sarcastro said:
We would if Wandstedd was the coach.

Back
Top Bottom