Sounds like Bama is in | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sounds like Bama is in

CO-Gator

They all float down here.
Club Member
Reaction score
Someone who knows a few big-time Bama boosters just posted on the BullGator forum at GatorCountry that Bama school officials have been notified that they are in the title game. They did hold on to #2 in both polls even though the AP isn't part of the equation.

Harris and Sagarin it seems both have Bama at #2 as well and that helps their cause.

Watch for this to blow up on Twitter soon.

Nick Saban said:
Anyone who doesn't win their conference has no business playing in the National Championship
If Saban is a man of his words, which we all know he is not, he should decline the National Title invite because of his above quote from 2003.

If Saban is a man of his words, which we all know he is not, he should decline the National Title invite because of his above quote from 2003.

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can neither confirm nor deny their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

I dont think umpires should make bogus ball and strike calls, but I have gladly taken many a BS ball in my life.

I hate Alabama and I hope saban dies. But I see them winning. Saban is a a great coach and you give him all this time to prepare and a second shot at a team there is no way they lose this game.

That was never Sabans quote...dont be internet sheep.

That's bull****.....Oklahoma State should in. **** the BCS

I dont know bout some of you guys, but as a spectator I want to see the two best teams in the country go at it in the title game. And their the 2 best teams I've seen.

I was kinda hoping for the OSU matchup, but Im not sure why its such an outrage that Bama got it. You can make a compelling case for OSU, but its not like Bama was undeserving IMO.

I was kinda hoping for the OSU matchup, but Im not sure why its such an outrage that Bama got it. You can make a compelling case for OSU, but its not like Bama was undeserving IMO.

Both Alabama and Oklahoma St. lost control of their own destiny when they lost. Bama lost to the #1 team in the country in overtime by a field goal. Oklahoma St. lost to an unranked team.

The bottom line is both teams had to leave it up to the system... and the system got it right. The two best teams in the country will play for the national title.

this is why we need a playoff system. alabama lost to lsu, at home, yet they still get to play in the bcs title game. lsu now has to beat alabama twice this year to be deemed champions, while alabama will only have to beat lsu once.

for the people that like to argue how this is what makes college football exciting that every game matters, well apparantley not considering that alabama did not even win their conference, in the biggest game of the year, in Tuscaloosa vs lsu and they score 6 pts and lose, and yet here they are come jan 9th in the title game.

i will admit, it was very impressive how they were able to be Georgia southern late in the year, after 2nd thoughts, maybe they do deserve it. this whole bcs system is a farce.

P.S, i am not a lsu fan, or really a fan of any team in college football, so if u read this rant, dont think i am a fan of a certain team or have a certain hatred for a team, i am just telling it like i see it.

this is why we need a playoff system. alabama lost to lsu, at home, yet they still get to play in the bcs title game. lsu now has to beat alabama twice this year to be deemed champions, while alabama will only have to beat lsu once.

for the people that like to argue how this is what makes college football exciting that every game matters, well apparantley not considering that alabama did not even win their conference, in the biggest game of the year, in Tuscaloosa vs lsu and they score 6 pts and lose, and yet here they are come jan 9th in the title game.

i will admit, it was very impressive how they were able to be Georgia southern late in the year, after 2nd thoughts, maybe they do deserve it. this whole bcs system is a farce.

P.S, i am not a lsu fan, or really a fan of any team in college football, so if u read this rant, dont think i am a fan of a certain team or have a certain hatred for a team, i am just telling it like i see it.

I remember in 1996 when Florida St. beat Florida 24-21 in the regular season... only to have to beat them again in the national championship game a month later. Except Florida St. lost 52-20 in the rematch.

Teams have to beat other teams twice all the time in the NFL in order to win the superbowl. They have to do it in MLB in order to win a world series. It happens in every sport.

I remember when Duke beat Michigan in the regular season in basketball several years back... only to have to face them again in the national title game. Duke lost.

I'm all for a playoff.

If the rest of the country is having a hard time with this one, I can't imagine how much hair they'll pull out once we have a playoff format.... this would only be the beginning of more all SEC national championship games than the rest of the country can handle...

I have no problem with the rematch--it should be a great game.

Still want a playoff. It's probably the closest we're going to get to an equalizer. Some great teams have lost just once in a season, and in the eyes of those who judge didn't do enough to make up for it. If you only have doormats & cupcakes left on your schedule, you can't make up for it and your championship hopes are over in Sept/Oct. Would also be exciting for the fans to see if their team could adapt to the varying styles of football they'd face through the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom