Sounds like Konrad and Marvez are lurking... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sounds like Konrad and Marvez are lurking...

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Did any of you guys think that when you read A matter of opinion on how Konrad does not get why fans are dis'ing him.
A significant portion of Dolphin fans simply dislike Konrad -- and he's trying to figure out why.

It really stems from him getting only 53 % of the vote on a Sun poll of who s/b the starting FB - which, admittedly is ridiculous for a guy that won the job the last 3 years and has only been slowed down by injuries and Chan's play calling.:rolleyes:

I disagree with the statement of most dolfans liking him. I personally, had very high hopes for him, coming in from college, but he has obviuosly not lived up to those expectations (For whatever reason).

He seems to be the new "flavor of the month" whipping boy for us dolfans, along with the likes of: Ruddy, Fletcher, Ogden, etc.

When Conrad came out of college he was suppose to be an impact player and I guy that could have gone in the 1st round that we "stole".

We just haven't seen it. Average blocker and that's about it. Is it all his fault? No. But this year he has to show it.

I tell ya, I think he can do it. He's got lots of talent. And I think he'll shine IN GAMES. It's not that he isn't running the right routes or doesn't get open in practice. He's just not getting a whole lot of chances. Not that they aren't looking for him. Just that the ball has to be spread out in practice.

Have you ever seen Konrad juke a guy, run through a guy, run around a guy, run past a guy, show any instincts whatsoever except the instinct to drop the ball when you hear footsteps? In Norv's offense, I hope I'm wrong as hell about Konrad, but to date, the guy is the epitome of average.

He's not an AVG blocker...

Originally posted by PhinKev
When Conrad came out of college he was suppose to be an impact player and I guy that could have gone in the 1st round that we "stole".

We just haven't seen it. Average blocker and that's about it. Is it all his fault? No. But this year he has to show it.

... if he was he wouldn't have been starting the last 2-years.

Oliver...

That's because they...

Originally posted by Dr. Love
Have you ever seen Konrad juke a guy, run through a guy, run around a guy, run past a guy, show any instincts whatsoever except the instinct to drop the ball when you hear footsteps? In Norv's offense, I hope I'm wrong as hell about Konrad, but to date, the guy is the epitome of average.

... haven't really thrown to him since his rookie season. If you aren't thrown the ball how are you suppose to show you can run with the ball?

Oliver...

Oliver, please, when he HAS handled the ball. But answer the question, ever see him mow anyone over, put a move on a DB or LB? I just ahven't seen it. If reps is what the guy needs and he becomes efficient, great.

What didn't you understand?

Originally posted by Dr. Love
Oliver, please, when he HAS handled the ball. But answer the question, ever see him mow anyone over, put a move on a DB or LB? I just ahven't seen it. If reps is what the guy needs and he becomes efficient, great.

... about not getting the ball enough to show that? And yes he did show that in his rookie season. If you have the tapes go back and look. He was very impressive when he actually got the ball thrown his way.

Oliver...

Konrad is just average till he proves otherwise ...If he dosent do it this year its time to move on ...Ive heard that deon dyer has worked hard on his recieving skills and is doing good ..konrad has already improved his blocking somewhat but seems to slip and fall as contact is made or soon after he catches the ball?I really cant remember him doing anything really bad (one fumble i remmeber being a terrible turnover on the jets like one yard line?)or any thing really great (a touchdown or two here and there.) He needs to show alot better production in norvs offense or he will be a goner .

Konrad aint going no where.......clue: all the highlight reports from camp that DON'T involve Femi (...and I don't give a crap what anybody else thinks...but I would never, ever, have a FB on my team nicknamed, Femi.)

I have a feeling Konrad will have a breakout year. With defenses keying on Ricky and even Chambers, plus Norv's system, Konrad will get a lot of chances and I think he'll capitalize on those chances.

Well if you and others...

Originally posted by badfoot
Konrad is just average till he proves otherwise ...If he dosent do it this year its time to move on ...Ive heard that deon dyer has worked hard on his recieving skills and is doing good ..konrad has already improved his blocking somewhat but seems to slip and fall as contact is made or soon after he catches the ball?I really cant remember him doing anything really bad (one fumble i remmeber being a terrible turnover on the jets like one yard line?)or any thing really great (a touchdown or two here and there.) He needs to show alot better production in norvs offense or he will be a goner .

... consider Dyer to be a better than AVG blocker then Konrad has already proven he is better than Dyer as far as blocking. If Dyer were a better blocker he would have been starting over Konrad without a doubt for the last 2 years. We all know Gailey didn't use the FB to throw the ball to.

Keeping a decoy that no one would respect because they knew the OC wouldn't throw to him would be useless and pointless. Sorry IMO Konrad has already proven he is just as GOOD a blocker as Dyer if not better seeing as how he has started the last 2 years in a system that requires a BETTER than AVG blocking FB.

Oliver...

Practice, practice, practice. You only get good and stay good by doing it, so IMHO I think he will get better as the year goes on due to repation. The past 2 years the O did not use the FB, so do you think they were doing alot of passing to the FB in practice, and loosing valuable practice time on something they knew and the rest of the NFL knew they would not use in a game? I doubt it.

I am a good shot with the shotgun, and recently I went to the sporting clays range and did poorly, why ? I had not shot in about 5-6 months. My point is, you just can't expect someone to be real good if they are not getting the practice, and it may take some time to get back into rythem.

Back
Top Bottom