Source: Buchanon Hurts Surtain Trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Source: Buchanon Hurts Surtain Trade

Yeah it's good and bad. It justifies us not giving him up for less then a 2nd but it also means KC most likely will not be able to get him for less then a 2nd.

Unless other teams jump in he might be a Phin next. I have been saying it all along. Take picks next year. You can get better value anyway.

Nublar-
You must have some kind of beeper that goes off when a new article gets posted somewhere. I just checked sunsentinel like 15 minutes ago and there was nothing. Do you have every major site on some type of constant refresh that alerts you when something new is posted?

At this point, I'm thinking that Miami should just hold on to Surtain (franchise him next year?) and make Kansas City pay for their stupidity on October 23rd (week 7) when Pat picks off Trent Green and takes it to the house in a Dolphins win.

Then cheapskate Carl Peterson will really look like a fool.

I say, if push comes to shove, we should keep Surtain just to spite those cheap jerks in KC. Let them face Moss with a cheap secondary. Hopefully, none of the top CBs will fall to KC.

caneaddict said:
Nublar-
You must have some kind of beeper that goes off when a new article gets posted somewhere. I just checked sunsentinel like 15 minutes ago and there was nothing. Do you have every major site on some type of constant refresh that alerts you when something new is posted?
I have my ways. If I told you, then I would have to kill you. :wink:

Sad thing is, I won't be here Friday-Sunday Afternoon because of a trip to Penn State(don't worry, I can still watch the entire draft).

They are going to wait this thing out till the last minute so that they can try to pressure us into a draft day trade that we don't want. Too bad Saban isn't Wanny and he's not going to crack to give up a pro bowl corner for a 4th. The days of mediocre coaching are over in Miami, let the Saban era begin!

Nublar7 said:
I have my ways. If I told you, then I would have to kill you. :wink:

Sad thing is, I won't be here Friday-Sunday Afternoon because of a trip to Penn State(don't worry, I can still watch the entire draft).

yeah yeah yeah, I read the Mercury News also.:tongue:

KC will break... The fans will roast the GM if not. They're already annoyed nothing has been done.

They could wait for gimp *** Law. He should be ready to take a physical in oh say 2 months? Still probably will fail. His foot is junk. It's not like he's never had problems with his ankle/foot.

Actually I think Peterson is looking toward trading a pick next year for Surtain. I wouldn't be surprised if a trade happened after round 3 ended. Say a KC 4th this year and their 2nd next year.

VanDolPhan said:
Actually I think Peterson is looking toward trading a pick next year for Surtain. I wouldn't be surprised if a trade happened after round 3 ended. Say a KC 4th this year and their 2nd next year.

I've said before that that scenerio was possible....and I would be just fine with it. I think it's a good trade for Pat. I'm right with you on that one.

I still think KC caves right before the draft...Saban won't cave on that 2nd round requirement and we'll get it. Saban is no wuss, hes not gonna back down...thats something Wanny would've done.

We won't get better value for him next year, an aging CB doesn't go up in value as time goes on, and Pat Surtain's knee problems still scare me too

Back
Top Bottom