Source: No Progress on Surtain Trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Source: No Progress on Surtain Trade

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/11456702.htm
As for cornerback Patrick Surtain, Thursday came and went with seemingly no progress on a possible deal with Kansas City, a source close to Surtain said.

On Wednesday, Kansas City president Carl Peterson indicated time is running out to complete a deal for Surtain. That deal likely would have to be done by today based on what Peterson was saying.

Carl Peterson is just kidding himself if he thinks a rookie or the crap they have a cb can cover Moss.

Damn NUb we need to be registered to read that.

Are you registered everywhere?

Dubfire said:

Thats all it says on the Surtain trade. The rest talks about the Redskins wanting to possibly trade up with us.

I don't get this. Somebody explain it to me. Why must a deal be done by noon tomorrow or whatever? They've got the deal with Surtain done (i know peterson's denying it, but I don't buy it), so why isn't that douchebag Peterson giving himself until Saturday to grow a brain? It seems to me it'd make no difference if the deal was done tomorrow or if it was done Saturday.

Worst comes to worse we extend Surtain and make poole a FS. No I'm serious. He's very similar to Eugene Wilson. That knocks out a need of ours basically.

FS- Poole, Bell
SS- Jones, Bua
FS/SS- Tillman

Strong safety core IMO...

Dubfire said:

Bugmenot.com is your friend. :yes:

Minnphin said:
I don't get this. Somebody explain it to me. Why must a deal be done by noon tomorrow or whatever? They've got the deal with Surtain done (i know peterson's denying it, but I don't buy it), so why isn't that douchebag Peterson giving himself until Saturday to grow a brain? It seems to me it'd make no difference if the deal was done tomorrow or if it was done Saturday.

Did you read that thread earlier today about what the Kansas City writer had to say about Peterson?

Pretty heavy indictment.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=75352

'Nuff said.

I'm optimistic about a deal being reached tomorrow. It's a game of chicken right now and we're on the home straight.

Minnphin said:

in peterson's talk yesterday he said that it had to be done by friday for a pick in THIS years draft. he said that if it wasn't then he wouldn't negotiate it until after this draft for a pick in next years draft. He never said it was off just that the time was tight on getting something done for a pick in this draft.

zephon said:
in peterson's talk yesterday he said that it had to be done by friday for a pick in THIS years draft. he said that if it wasn't then he wouldn't negotiate it until after this draft for a pick in next years draft. He never said it was off just that the time was tight on getting something done for a pick in this draft.

Yeah, I understand that, but why can't a deal for a pick this year be negotiated on draft day? I'm pretty sure its not against the rules. I'm sure the chiefs know what needs to be done to get the deal done.

This isn't directly related to this article, but I was browsing the Chief's board and happened upon this nugget from a Raiders fan:

"You need to try watching a football game for a change. Surtain is a zone CB who is a liability against the run. Woodson is a man coverage CB who is 2nd to none against the run. Since the Skins don't play a zone defense, Woodson would be a much better fit for what they do."

The big news over there is that the Skins are talking to Woodson's agent about a contract and they might trade their newly aquired 1st rounder for Woodson. Then Big Al might jump into the Surtain sweepstakes. They would hate losing Surtain. They would go ballistic if they lost Surtain to the Raiders.

I thought the Chefs would wait to make sure they cannot get one of the top 3 CB's before pulling off the Sir-tan deal

Bigbucks24 said:
This isn't directly related to this article, but I was browsing the Chief's board and happened upon this nugget from a Raiders fan:

"You need to try watching a football game for a change. Surtain is a zone CB who is a liability against the run. Woodson is a man coverage CB who is 2nd to none against the run. Since the Skins don't play a zone defense, Woodson would be a much better fit for what they do."

The big news over there is that the Skins are talking to Woodson's agent about a contract and they might trade their newly aquired 1st rounder for Woodson. Then Big Al might jump into the Surtain sweepstakes. They would hate losing Surtain. They would go ballistic if they lost Surtain to the Raiders.

Surtain is a zone CB who can't play the run? Some people really know nothing about football :fire:

Back
Top Bottom