Source:Prepare For NBA Lockout | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Source:Prepare For NBA Lockout

Damn, there goes the summer league(July). This sucks for the developmental players who wonna get a head start...

Damn...Well i guess the NFL is destroying every other sport with how they manage football...:D

This will all be settled soon....although the summer league might suffer....along with the developement of Dorrell Wright.

I don't buy it.

Stern and the players' union have to be looking at the NHL situation and thinking that they have to avoid that folly at the cost of some reasonable compromise.

Plus, it's not like the NBA is anywhere near as financially secure as the NFL, or even MLB; another strike would hit their fan base hard. Their core would remain, but a lot of fans would be lost for good. Similar to what is happening to the NHL, except hockey isn't 1/10th as popular here as basketball - this strike might kill that league.

Stern would be a poor steward if he let his league run aground like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
sweet..NHL will come back just in time for an NBA lockout in 06 and then an NFL lockout in 07....

Everywhere I have read says that the NBA will lockout its players. For how long? Who knows. More pressing to me is that in three weeks three major public forms of mass trnasit in the Bay Area could go on strike. We alreayd have the second worse traffic conditions in the country. With the added amount of people who could be in their cars greatly increased in three weeks, I may have to start leaving my house at 4 a.m. to get to work on time.

If the NBA is stupid enough to LOCKOUT its players then they deserve everything they get! I agree with the owners on almost every issue (not age limit though). BUT, if they lockout players, I hope the league dies a slow and painful death!

It wasn't all that long ago that the NBA Finals were shown on tape delay AFTER your late local news! This isnt' a league that can survive a lockout. The ratings for this sport suck now. Imagine what it will look like after a lockout! lol

MikeO said:
If the NBA is stupid enough to LOCKOUT its players then they deserve everything they get! I agree with the owners on almost every issue (not age limit though). BUT, if they lockout players, I hope the league dies a slow and painful death!

It wasn't all that long ago that the NBA Finals were shown on tape delay AFTER your late local news! This isnt' a league that can survive a lockout. The ratings for this sport suck now. Imagine what it will look like after a lockout! lol
I think basketball is the most boring sport in the world. just a bunch of crybabies more worried about how they look then actually scoring. Best game I ever watched: The PIstons/ Pacers brawl. :rofl3:

spydertl79 said:
I think basketball is the most boring sport in the world. just a bunch of crybabies more worried about how they look then actually scoring. Best game I ever watched: The PIstons/ Pacers brawl. :rofl3:

College hoops is "REAL" basketball. The NBA is a foul shooting contest. Nothing but a bunch of thug-life wanna be gangstars with their long shorts and tats acting all tough wanting their "props". Nobody can shoot, nobody plays defense (except Detroit), when they don't like their coach they cry and get him fired. When Kobe Bryant and Allen Iverson are the face of your league, you know you are in trouble.

In the late 80's and early 90's the NBA was where it was at. Pistons-Bulls. Knicks-Bulls. Knicks-Heat. Portland was good. Utah, Phoenix...etc. Those were REAL teams who played at a high level. Now, the league has been run into the ground. Golf and the WSOP are more interesting than the NBA. If there is a lockout, then look-out! The NBA will fall even further down on the list of sports in this country.

most of this lockout talk is coming from player union sources. THis could just be a tactic by the players to put pressure on the owners.

Back
Top Bottom