Source says Crayton is expected to get cut if he cant get traded, Dolfans ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Source says Crayton is expected to get cut if he cant get traded, Dolfans ?

I would rather have Jason Hill... I posted this on another thread but it got buried ...

Here is a name for you none of you thought of... Jason Hill

Hill, San Francisco's third round pick back in 2007, was a standout at Washington State. From 2004-06, Hill set school records with 2,704 receiving yards and 32 touchdowns.

At the 2007 NFL scouting combine, Hill ran a 4.32 40-yard dash, good enough for second best amongst all receivers in the draft.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...-49ers-offense

Jason Hill is currently expected to be cut...

Last Five Off:

WR Jason Hill: The guy can play, and he has special-teams value. He should be on an NFL roster a week from now. But will he be with the 49ers? The 49ers might be wise to make some phone calls to see if they can swing a trade.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/09/01/10/M...80&feedID=5936
Cant click through the links now at work, how tall is he?

Like I posted here a couple weeks ago I was informed the Dolphins were monitoring the Cowboy WRs, but was not told which one they were interested in, with Cam gone it would not surprise me to see them go after Crayton if released.

Am I the omly one that feels WR is one of our strongest positions? Marshall Hartline Bess Turner Moore... where would you guys fit him in?

Am I the omly one that feels WR is one of our strongest positions? Marshall Hartline Bess Turner Moore... where would you guys fit him in?
I'm sure someone else shares your feelings...I'm not one of them. I feel that Marshall and Bess are the only proven WRs on this team. Hartline needs to show he can take advantage this year of the one-on-one coverages he's going to see. Turner (I would rather have Wallace) and Moore have yet to catch an NFL pass in a real game. 60% unproven in our WR corp. I don't see that as a strength. Can it be? Sure, but there are a lot of "ifs".

It's a ****ing no-brainer. Patrick Crayton is the version of Greg Camarillo that can actually present some STs value.

IM down, need a reliable reciever!

That wouldn't be Crayton then. He'd be a fine 3rd-4th WR but he's not exactly reliable, I still blame him for blowing that Giant div rd game 3 years ago w/ a key drop.

I don't know what his drop stats are like, I don't have access to PFF's database anymore.

But I have considered Patrick Crayton to basically be the black Greg Camarillo for a long time. Crayton is not the best athlete, he runs something like a 4.52 to 4.58 and his jump/agility stuff was not anything to hang your hat on. He's about 6'1" and over 200 lbs, very solid Camarillo-like size. The thing he is, is very smart. He gets chemistry with his QB and they can know what each other are thinking. He scored a 30+ on his wonderlic. He was a quarterback in college, a return guy in college, a receiver...basically a smart football player that 'gets it'.

That's what Greg Camarillo was but we had an opportunity to trade Greg for some much-needed help in the secondary, so we can replace him with his counterpart.

Crayton is 6'0" 204 lbs. Best season was 2007 when he had 50 catches for 697 yards and 7 TDs. Last year he had 37 receptions for 622 yards and 5 TDs as the #3 WR.

He's not much of a kick off returner but as a punt returner he's pretty darn good. Averaged 12.1 yards per last year and scored 2 TDs, 6 punt returns of 20+ yards, 2 of 40+ yards.

Crayton is 6'0" 204 lbs. Best season was 2007 when he had 50 catches for 697 yards and 7 TDs. Last year he had 37 receptions for 622 yards and 5 TDs as the #3 WR.

He's not much of a kick off returner but as a punt returner he's pretty darn good. Averaged 12.1 yards per last year and scored 2 TDs, 6 punt returns of 20+ yards, 2 of 40+ yards.

he was great as PR last year(well he had 2 TDs) but the rest of his career he's been an average PR

He's the only guy we could realistically acquire that I would be more comfortable with at PR than Bess.

He averaged like 20.0 yards on something like 70 punt returns in college. He's always been a punt returner.

He's the only guy we could realistically acquire that I would be more comfortable with at PR than Bess.

He averaged like 20.0 yards on something like 70 punt returns in college. He's always been a punt returner.

I cannot wait for the day that Davone Bess does not return a punt, I love Bess to death, but something about him returning I just hate.

I cannot wait for the day that Davone Bess does not return a punt, I love Bess to death, but something about him returning I just hate.
I feel the same because it's not his niche.

Back
Top Bottom