Sources: Jets rankled by Brandon Marshall's 'boisterous' halftime rant | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sources: Jets rankled by Brandon Marshall's 'boisterous' halftime rant

datruth55

Hungry for defense
Club Member
Reaction score
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Outspoken wide receiver Brandon Marshall delivered a fiery halftime rant on Saturday that irked some teammates, according to team sources, and might have raised tensions in the New York Jets' locker room.

The Jets were getting embarrassed by the New England Patriots 27-0, prompting Marshall's outburst. On Wednesday, he told ESPN.com his objective was to fire up the team. Not everyone took it that way.

While Marshall didn't engage in verbal altercations with any individuals, sources said, he sparked what was described as a raucous locker room.

"When we're getting blown out at halftime, there's no reason to be fighting amongst each other," Jets safety Calvin Pryor told ESPN.com. "I think that's why guys were upset, because we needed to be fighting against the Patriots, instead of the Jets."

Marshall's halftime tirade might explain why New York defensive end Sheldon Richardson ripped him after the game.

When reporters told Richardson that Marshall had described the 41-3 loss as "embarrassing," Richardson replied, "He should be embarrassed. ... No reason. He just should be. He knows what he did."

On Wednesday, Richardson declined to elaborate, except to say he didn't exchange words with Marshall at halftime or after the game.

Marshall and Richardson have a history. They had a heated postgame argument after a Week 3 loss in Kansas City.
Read More: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18367351/new-york-jets-teammates-irked-wr-brandon-marshall-half-rant

It still amazes me that some on this board praise this guy and would take him on the Dolphins. I was glad to get rid of him.

Back
Top Bottom