Sources tell miami herald Jason Taylor to retire following season | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sources tell miami herald Jason Taylor to retire following season

Is he on our team? This guy cheated on us when he was with the skins and then he sealed it when he went to the jets. once a cheater, always a cheater , jason! and you will not be sleeping in this house tonight.

Really? the jets were the only team to offer him a contract last year.The fins did not want him back,so what he should have retired instead of playing for the jets in your mind?
He went to the jets and came with in one game of the superbowl, I for one will be wearing my taylor jersey sunday thanks jason

Great career #99! One of the best Defensive Ends in NFL history! Been watching him since I was in grade school. Just a class act who played the game the correct way. Played hard every snap, was a tough player and smart. His season in 06 when he won the DPOY was unbelievable. Just a great career. Can't wain to see him go into the HOF as a Dolphin!

You people on here that bash Jason are pathetic!!!!! You have no reason to be on a site that’s name is FinHeaven. Jason was one of the best all around GREAT GUYS ever to play for this team. You always hear of players who beat their wives, kill people, pull out guns in clubs, shoot themselves in clubs, pull out guns in locker rooms, drive drunk, drive drunk and kill people, commit crimes and so on....This guy not only bleeds Aqua and Orange, he was a Great Player for us and to top it all off.....He is an AMAZING person in YOUR community. You so called fans MAKE ME SICK!! What this guy does on the field and off it can be matched by such a small group of people. Do some research on the things that he has done not only on the football field, but what he does to make your community a better place!! JT keep up the good work and if the city of MIAMI doesn’t appreciate all you have done for it.....ORLANDO will! We may not have a football team here, but we have people that will certainly appreciate all your work in the community. Thank You for all the Memories on the field and all your work off the field to make a difference in the community.

Glad I was able to see him live this year then. The game vs. Houston with the Phins down 3 he got a sack that gave the Phins the ball back and they were driving for the lead (until Thomas fumbled around midfield). The crowd went ape**** when JT got that sack, especially when he did his broken heart dance.

Him and ZT will go down as my favorite all-time defenders on the team. Madison and Surtain are up there for me too.

Does anyone think they will retire his number?? He holds so many Dolphin records......sacks, fubles, TD's, etc.

i always liked JT.... i bet he still stays in football but as a comintator. he will take over for Chower when he becomes our new HC.... (wishful thinking) Thanks for all you have done JT. you will be missed

JT has had a Hall of Fame career, and I think most Phin fans can forgive him for straying to the Jets. Thanks for the memories JT.

I follow the pre draft process closely and for 2 seasons before Taylor was drafted by Miami, i had been reading about him and his potential, in many of the draft and pre draft magazines I was receiving ... I remember watching him during a Collage All Star Game, where he preformed very well and was talked about alot during the game and began to hope he'd be a Dolphin ... Needless to say, WHEN MIAMI drafted Taylor in Round #3, I was jumping for joy!!! He instantly became my Favorite Dolphin and eventually bought Jason Taylor Jersey's in all the colors ... Jimmy Johnson GOT this one right and Taylor became a star!!! Jason Taylor was Taylor made for the 4-3 defense ... JT you'll always be my Favorite, you brought me hope when my beloved Dolphins were fading ... Your relentless pass rush and leadership transformed Miami's lacking Defense into one of the NFL's best for about a decade ... would it be too much to ask for ONE MORE YEAR? GOOD LUCK JT!!! Thanks for the Memories!!!

I was and am right there with you. I had the phins picking him before the draft and was thrilled when they did. Maybe our new coach can talk him into returning for another year. I don't think he is retiring due to health issues.

Good luck in your next job JT, I always loved watching you play. You are a sure HOFer, just maybe not first ballot. One of my all time favorite Fins for sure.

As for all of you fans that are trashing him because he wore another team's jersey for a few seasons, well get over yourselves. The only reason he wore those other jerseys is because of Bill Parcells' stubbornness and archaic way of doing things. I hate the Jests as much as anyone else, but you've got to realize (especially since its now public knowledge) that he wore those other uniforms because he had to, not because he wanted to. SMH at our fanbase sometimes.:crazy:

Dude he was offered a contract twice by the Dolphins, once during the 2009 season and then when the season ended. He refused both of them, and they would have paid him MORE than what he finally settled for playing for the Jets. That was all on him.

Screw him, he played for the Jets - he is a traitor in my eyes.

Really? the jets were the only team to offer him a contract last year.The fins did not want him back,so what he should have retired instead of playing for the jets in your mind?
He went to the jets and came with in one game of the superbowl, I for one will be wearing my taylor jersey sunday thanks jason

INCORRECT. He was offered a contract extention during the season (2009) by the Dolphins and then right after the season ended. Both were for MORE MONEY than he ended up signing with the Jets for. Its was his own ego and greed that forced him to be a traitor.

Dude he was offered a contract twice by the Dolphins, once during the 2009 season and then when the season ended. He refused both of them, and they would have paid him MORE than what he finally settled for playing for the Jets. That was all on him.

Screw him, he played for the Jets - he is a traitor in my eyes.

Wah Wah Wah, get over it.

Back
Top Bottom