South Florida freshman collapses, dies after workout | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

South Florida freshman collapses, dies after workout

F

FLOUNDER

http://log.go.com/log?srvc=sz&guid=...anner_id=espngeneric01022007bncf1b146x0462500

TAMPA, Fla. -- South Florida running back Keeley Dorsey collapsed and died Wednesday after a team conditioning workout at the school's athletic facility.
The 19-year-old freshman died at University Community Hospital, South Florida said in statement.
Dorsey was a graduate of Tallahassee Lincoln High School.
"Our entire athletic family is deeply saddened by this tragic loss," USF athletic director Doug Woolard said in a statement. He said head coach Jim Leavitt had spoken to Dorsey's father and was returning from a recruiting trip in West Palm Beach to join his players.
Dorsey was given first aid before he was transferred to the hospital, the school said. A hospital spokesman did not immediately know Dorsey's condition when he arrived.
"The USF community is extremely shocked and saddened by the death of one of our student athletes on campus today," South Florida President Judy Genshaft said. "There is nothing more tragic than the loss of one of our students, and our thoughts and prayers go out to Keeley's family, friends and fellow athletes and students."
In 2001, Florida State linebacker Devaughn Darling collapsed and died during an offseason workout. An autopsy concluded he had suffered a cardiac arrhythmia.

My prayers go out to his family. Off to college for the first year, big plans for him in the future and something like this happens

Very sad...

Yeah this is really sad. I mean I don't like the Hurricanes at all, but after the last year they have had I hope they have a good season

Terrible news.
Did this stuff just start happening in the past 10 years or so?
I don't remember this much before the 90's.

Back
Top Bottom