Sparano is in a win win situation, "so to speak" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sparano is in a win win situation, "so to speak"

chumbucket

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Look, I think he is in over his head and shouldnt be in the same conversation as Belecheat but after the fiasco of earlier this year of Ross botching the new coach situation Sparano can do no wrong, in his mind anyway. Most of us know hes not a good coach but he's being paid and extended to do his thing so if he sucks they fire him he still gets paid. if he gets lucky and the dolphins improve he can take credit for that. However that attitude is so harmful for the team and the organization because they dont move forward, they dont improve, they dont get a better qb. It's hard to be a fan of the dolphins when you watch teams like the pats and jets get better and wonder why the crew in charge of our team cant get it together like we would do if we owned the team!.

Two things. Sparano is not even in Mangini's company and I think the Jets took a step back.

Sparano isn't in a win, win. Either way 4 years on the job, his OLine has declined and the teams record has declined. Sparano needs to show some awareness, better 2 minute managing, ability to adjust and fix his Oline, unless he doesn't mind heading back to New Haven for a job.

I probably could have done a better job of stating my point. Is it just me or Does Sparano just look disinterested in the whole mess? maybe he keeps it all inside but I would be so frustrated with the whole henne situation and no having a real qb in house I would tell anybody that would listen.

I do not see any of that in Sparano. I do see a coach that has only had 2 weeks to get his team together and there is still some majore quesion marks at major positions to be answered. I think Tony will do whatever he can in his realm of influence to get the team on a wining path and in the same note to remain HC of the Miami Dolphins. Once he takes a real gut check and cans his Oline coach, things should improve IF, they can find a good guy for the Oline. Even though he was an Oline coach it does notmean he directly does anything to influence,teach or direct the Oline on a daily basis. As I said before, Sparano does not bring in these Olineman, Ireland does. I am sure Ireland asks Tony his opinion but Ireland has the final say on who gets signed or drafted.

We need a legit, hard working, dedicated, Offensive line coach and have needed one.

I am willing to give Sparano and Henne this year. I truly believe Dan Henning was 90% of Henne's problem last year. Of course, I reserve the right backpedal like crazy if they tank this year!

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

I do not see any of that in Sparano. I do see a coach that has only had 2 weeks to get his team together and there is still some majore quesion marks at major positions to be answered. I think Tony will do whatever he can in his realm of influence to get the team on a wining path and in the same note to remain HC of the Miami Dolphins. Once he takes a real gut check and cans his Oline coach, things should improve IF, they can find a good guy for the Oline. Even though he was an Oline coach it does notmean he directly does anything to influence,teach or direct the Oline on a daily basis. As I said before, Sparano does not bring in these Olineman, Ireland does. I am sure Ireland asks Tony his opinion but Ireland has the final say on who gets signed or drafted.

We need a legit, hard working, dedicated, Offensive line coach and have needed one.

Who is that chick in your sig??? Looks very familiar!

Here's an interesting question - if and when Tony Sparano is fired do you see him being a coordinator elsewhere?

He has no coordinator experience and his specialty is neither offense nor defense. I wonder where he'll end up.

It's still hard for me to get over his bullheaded "there's nothing wrong with Henning or his game plan.. it's poor player execution" vacuum vision. That obstinate, clueless perception is when pewter started tarnishing into 'pew" for me. It was an eye-opening. When Ross bungled the Harbaugh fiasco despite good intentions, IMO he'd have been wiser hiring a hungry stopgap like Billick or Fassell than going back to a justifiably irate Sparano and promising him more decision making involvement along with a raise and extension.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's an interesting question - if and when Tony Sparano is fired do you see him being a coordinator elsewhere?

He has no coordinator experience and his specialty is neither offense nor defense. I wonder where he'll end up.

He'll end up the same way as Tom Cable. An O-Line coach with a special title.

Dallas is my guess.

Hope he does well and stays.

I am willing to give Sparano and Henne this year. I truly believe Dan Henning was 90% of Henne's problem last year. Of course, I reserve the right backpedal like crazy if they tank this year!

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Who is that chick in your sig??? Looks very familiar!

isn't that RR (mystique). whoever it is....that is one fine piece of ace

He won't even be an offensive line coach. Look at our offensive line and tell me would you hire him?<br>
<br>
But when you really think about it, even if we go winless this season, Sparano will be the head coach next year. As pathetic as that reality is, it will happen and you can quote me on it. My reason for this belief is because of our quarterback situation. Ireland and Sparano both said they would bring in real competition for Henne and that Henne will be competing for his job this season, which they didn't do. Only reason I can come up that they didn't do what they originally planned is because they sold the idea to Ross to go all in for a deep QB class that features Andrew Luck, Landry Jones and Matt Barkley.<br>
<br>
And if that's not the reason then we're really ****ed for the entirety of Sparano and Ross' tenure.

If he fails this year, the entire league will know what he is about. He will not get another job unless he can land an o-line gig. He cannot blame the qb for his problems this year. He put him in.

He'll probably get a job as a position coach.

Back
Top Bottom