Sparano's Contract Extension | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sparano's Contract Extension

Lecanto

Active Roster
Reaction score
Tony needs to put on his big boy pants! Since when did feelings become part of football? Particularly for this ruthless (to players) regime. Football is about winning. Sparano's coaching was below average this year - and the team gave up on him at the end of the year. I think he should have been fired. Yes, he seems like a nice guy, but he (& Ireland) hasn't produced. He is lucky to be an NFL coach and nobody else would have hired him as a head coach if we let him go. I have no sympathy for the man. Now he better get his act together and take us into the playoffs or else it will really be clear that he is not a top notch coach and he we eventually be fired. Ross was stupid to give him an extension and raise. Why not offer a good offensive coordinator a guaranteed three year deal, as that is want we need to attract. Tony should be fighting for his career, not getting an extension. I am glad Ross is both the owner and a fan (so he cares about the team like us fans do), but this decision does not make sense. I have never gotten a reward for underachieving, have you?

He was extended because of a possible lockout. He will be fired if he can't fix the offense.

Back
Top Bottom