Sparano's Press Conference Yesterday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sparano's Press Conference Yesterday

phinasota

Bleed Aqua
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
As im watching this video im just sitting here thinking to myself, this dude looks so defeated right now. He sounds defeated and looks like he just wants to give up. Granted, i cant say he doesnt have the right, he's only the laughing stock of the nfl but he's in a leadership position. Just another observation as to why the team plays the way it does... defeated. im kind of actually feeling sorry for this dude now and ive been hating him so bad since last year...

Yeah....

I think it's because the Dolphins organization broke his heart when he was backstabbed by Ross and Ireland going after Jim Harbaugh............

so then Ross had to fix the mess, and give him a 3 yr extension.....and he was like yeah fine whatever. im out of here anyway so i'll take the money when you fire me.

so he went into the season with a "this is my last year here anyway" mindset....... and now he's just waiting to be fired and it's not coming........if he quits, he doesn't get paid right? so he has to wait for Ross to fire him, and Ross won't do it.

I feel bad for him because he really embraced the Dolphins and wanted to stay here.........

Agreed. Reminded me so much of Wansted's last few press conferences. With his head low looking very defeated.

I won't cry for tony, I like him as a person, but money wise he won't have to lift a finger again if he doesnt' want to.

Well he's been 0-5 before. I think he resigns if he's not fired before the end of the season.

Funny how people clamor that Ross and Ireland stabbed him in the back,..

Don't coaches stab players in the back every week by bringing in free agents for workouts?

Tough gig... put it pays well.

Sparano dug his own grave. If he was a good coach, pushed his ego aside, and didnt try to run a prehistoric offense that is EASILY defendable maybe he wouldnt be in this position.. Hes a egomaniac and deserves everything he gets
Yeah....

I think it's because the Dolphins organization broke his heart when he was backstabbed by Ross and Ireland going after Jim Harbaugh............

so then Ross had to fix the mess, and give him a 3 yr extension.....and he was like yeah fine whatever. im out of here anyway so i'll take the money when you fire me.

so he went into the season with a "this is my last year here anyway" mindset....... and now he's just waiting to be fired and it's not coming........if he quits, he doesn't get paid right? so he has to wait for Ross to fire him, and Ross won't do it.

I feel bad for him because he really embraced the Dolphins and wanted to stay here.........

Well he's been 0-5 before. I think he resigns if he's not fired before the end of the season.
i can be defeated looking for 16 weeks a season for the amount of money he is getting paid...if he doesnt get fired he wouldnt leave and he would be stupid to do so...

Nothing against the OP, but wasn't this basically the same post a week ago? Do all his press conferences sound this defeated these days?

Sparano dug his own grave. If he was a good coach, pushed his ego aside, and didnt try to run a prehistoric offense that is EASILY defendable maybe he wouldnt be in this position.. Hes a egomaniac and deserves everything he gets

wtf?

This is a false statement.

i can be defeated looking for 16 weeks a season for the amount of money he is getting paid...if he doesnt get fired he wouldnt leave and he would be stupid to do so...
This much losing, the constant press questions about if he's heard anything from management (support or not), questions about the team and if they're behind him, etc. That stuff wears on a man and it wears hard. You lose sleep, you stop eating...it's basically like being diagnosed with depression. At some point you realize it's best for you to step down for the sake of your health. We all saw it happen to Wannstedt. There is a very real physical toll to all of this. Money or not it's just not worth it.

He should definitely resign for the sake of his health. I don't know if all that money is worth it.

NO WAY!!
He is going to ride the Titanic till the end to Guarantee HIS CONTRACT/RETIREMENT PLAN
If he quits his contract is null and void...would you walk away from millions???

2 1/2 months and set for life

Back
Top Bottom