Special Player - DE Yetur Gross-Matos gets it done | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Special Player - DE Yetur Gross-Matos gets it done

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Penn State has a pretty special player in DE Yetur Gross-Matos. He is a hustler, with a long frame and can provide pass rush inside and outside. This guy is climbing up my charts bigtime! His quickness out of stance makes it extremely difficult for OL to block him. He has a knack at creating 'instant pressure" at the snap inside and outside on obvious passing downs. Could be elite!

CAREER NOTES & RECORDS

Career: With one half-tackle for loss against Buffalo (9/7/19), reached the 25 TFL mark in his career.

Season: 2018: Became the 11th Nittany Lion to record 20 tackles for loss in a season (12th time)...Tied with Bruce Clark (1978), Todd Atkins (1994), LaVar Arrington (1999) and Aaron Maybin (2008) for the eighth-most tackles for loss in a season.

2019 • JUNIOR SEASON

Awards: Named to the Pro Football Focus second-team Big Ten Team of the Week following his performance vs. Buffalo (9/7)...Selected to the preseason Lott Impact Trophy watch list...Named to the preseason Bednarik Award watch list...Tabbed on the preseason Bronko Nagurski Award watch list...Selected for the preseason Big Ten honors list, voted on by conference media members.

Season: Made three starts.

Idaho (8/31): Notched 2.5 sacks, while collecting three tackles...Selected as the Coaching Staff's Defensive Player of the Week. Buffalo (9/7): Registered three tackles, including a solo sack...Added a QB hurry.

2018 • SOPHOMORE SEASON

Awards: Voted first-team All-Big Ten by the media...Selected third-team All-Big Ten by the coaches...Earned the team’s Reid-Robinson Award, as an outstanding defensive lineman, at the team’s awards banquet...Named to the Hendricks Award (Top Defensive End) Watch List...Named Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week following the Iowa (10/27) game.

Season: Made 13 starts...One of 20 players to make their first career start...Had at least a half-sack in five-straight games from Michigan State (10/13) until Wisconsin (11/10)...Had at least a full tackle for loss in eight-straight games, from Ohio State (9/29) through Maryland (11/24).

Rankings: Ranked No. 2 in the Big Ten and ranked No. 12 in the nation with 1.5 tackles for loss per game...Finished No. 8 in the Big Ten and No. 47 in FBS with 0.62 sacks per game.

Appalachian State (9/1): Earned first career start and had three tackles...Registered half a tackle for loss and a QB hurry. at Pittsburgh (9/8): Posted three tackles...Added a half-sack and a QB hurry. Kent State (9/15): Had 2.0 tackles for loss, including a sack...Added a QB hurry. at Illinois (9/21): Assisted on a tackle. Ohio State (9/29): Recorded four tackles, including three solo...Added a tackle for loss and a QB hurry. Michigan State (10/13): Collected four tackles...Had 2.5 tackles for loss, including a half-sack...Forced a fumble for the first time in career...Added a QB hurry. at Indiana (10/20): Registered a career-high 10 tackles, the most tackles by a Penn State a Penn State defensive lineman since Austin Johnson had 10 tackles against Northwestern in 2015...The 10 tackles are the most by a PSU defensive end since Carl Nassib had 10 at Temple in 2015...Had a career-best two sacks. Iowa (10/27): Posted nine tackles, including seven solo...Set a career high with four tackles for loss and tied a career high with two sacks...Named the coaching staff’s Defensive Player of the Week. at Michigan (11/3): Collected four tackles...Recorded a solo sack. Wisconsin (11/10): Recorded five tackles, all solo...Made two tackles for loss, including a strip-sack...Forced a fumble and recovered a fumble. at Rutgers (11/17): Registered five tackles, including two solo...Had a tackle for loss...Named the coaching staff’s Defensive Player of the Week. Maryland (11/24): Collected four tackles...Made 3.5 tackles for loss...Earned the coaching staff’s Defensive Player of the Week award.

2017 • TRUE FRESHMAN SEASON

Awards: Named honorable-mention All-Freshman Team by BTN.com.

Season: Appeared in all 13 games...Made collegiate debut vs. Akron (9/2)...One of 24 student-athletes to make their collegiate debut...One of 17 freshmen (14 redshirt, 3 true) to appear.
DSC_3826.jpg

Last edited:
I dropped him from my list with the new hazing scandal. He is the named ring leader.

I tried posting a link for you but keep getting error. If you have the score there is an article by Michael mcclymont. Franklin is being sued by a former player citing he ignored the hazing in which Matos and Parsons were the ring leaders. Sorry I can't get the link to work.

Maybe this makes him drop. I was already thinking teams don't value larger true DE's and instead favor smaller edge guys. I want to go QB and OL and get that set first. Still, if we could draft Derrick Brown, A.J. Epenesa, and Yetur Gross-Matos in the 1st. Then, assuming we intentionally put off QB until later/next year, grab OL guys in the 2nd like Prince Tega Wanogho/Mekhi Becton/Josh Jones/Calvin Throckmorton. In the 3rd maybe a Jake Hanson/Joshua Kelly/Cam Ackers. Then I could live with late round QB's like Gordon/Costello. I would love to get Fromm in the 3rd.

Maybe this makes him drop. I was already thinking teams don't value larger true DE's and instead favor smaller edge guys. I want to go QB and OL and get that set first. Still, if we could draft Derrick Brown, A.J. Epenesa, and Yetur Gross-Matos in the 1st. Then, assuming we intentionally put off QB until later/next year, grab OL guys in the 2nd like Prince Tega Wanogho/Mekhi Becton/Josh Jones/Calvin Throckmorton. In the 3rd maybe a Jake Hanson/Joshua Kelly/Cam Ackers. Then I could live with late round QB's like Gordon/Costello. I would love to get Fromm in the 3rd.
That could move Miami's defense close to elite, especially if the Dolphins added a couple of players in free agency.

I think a good argument could be made that Brown is the best player in the draft.

If what he's being accused of is true? Then does that strike you as a guy this regime would draft? Come on!

Last edited:
hazing has gotten gay as ****. what happened to the days where you just held the bar down on the persons chest while they were doing bench press, or throwing their stuff in the shower or over the fence of field house. One of my college buddies (RIP James) told me he had a teammate on his HS team that would walk up and hang his dick over teammates shoulders. I told him then that was some gay **** and we never did anything like that. Only genitilia thing we did was underclassmen got cup checked prob wayyyyy more than they should've. But to go up to another naked guy in the shower and placing your junk on his ass and then stroking it, ummmmm...thats not hazing. or teabagging your teammates. sheesh. I dunno hopefully he's on the lower end of the spectrum of all this, but if he's the ring leader then i dunno, maybe a hardpass.

Very very raw prospect

He's got end of 1st round talent with top 10 potential it seems. We never seem to unleash those guys, so I'm passing on him until mid of the 2nd. Thats before this news. What do you think he's graded at, right now, should this story prove nothing?

I live in PSU territory, have been a Nittany Lions fan since the 70's. This hazing story is pretty disturbing, especially in light of what happened there not too long ago.
I cannot BELIEVE that this stuff went unchecked, ... but to make up/fabricate a story like that? Read the legal document. To make that up would take the sickest of sick minds. It's not getting a whole lot of play up here though...the day it came out it was treated as a normal new story on the sports segment, but since we haven't heard much.
Personally, I wouldn't touch Gross Matos after this. Sorry, not even in the 7th round. You want to haze a freshman, hide his deodorant or something. And I really have been pulling for PSU to rebound; now it looks like I might just go full in on my 2nd team(LSU)

Back
Top Bottom