Special Teams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Special Teams

lauderdale

Practice Squad
Reaction score
With all this talk about the QB situation I think the bigger issue for the Phins is the special teams play. Mare is missing field goals left and right lately and he can’t blame the dirt on his last miss. :confused: We have been through a number of long snappers and had a botched punt snap on Monday. Turk is huge for a punter so that should never happen!

Our return game is looking better with Simmons in the game finally. :) Also, Turk has done well in place of the horrible play of Royals. However, missing field goals and botching snaps is going to lose a game if we are playing a high caliber team like the Colts.

Is anybody knowledgeable enough to see if Mare is having problems with the snap/hold on his kicks? I find it curious that after he signs his big contract he goes from being a very clutch kicker to being average over the last two years. :( I went to the Jags game and watched him warm up and I noticed he missed a couple of kicks from around 40 yards and further out around 50 yards. I sure hope he gets it together soon.

Back
Top Bottom